2012-2013 College Basketball Season

Walter

We shall see, they are a tough, resilient team and beat the 'cuse already last month. If the defense plays like it did last night, the Orange will be Georgia bound... Very exciting though!

So the tourney wraps up Sat/Mon night...

1st Semifinal game: Wichita State v. Louisville

2nd Semifinal game: Michigan v. Syracuse

Winners of each play Monday night for the championship.

Any thoughts or predictions???

Based on the flat footed defense and poor shot selection on offense, I believe it'll be a Louisville v. Michigan finale. :(

Don't dispair...yet.

I must say that these unis make me long for my black and white tv...

Syracuse HAS to be more aggressive on defense, that's all there is to it. You can't defend the 35+ foot shots Michigan is making, but everything else, Syracuse has to be much more aggressive with, especially with rebounding! On offensive, Sutherland is not involved at all...plus Mr. Overrated (Michael Carter-Williams) is taking too many quick shots. 20 min. to go....

Hard to believe the Wolverines performance in this tournament. I'm a State fan, but I have to tip my hat to them. I don't think I've ever seen a young team blossom so quickly. If anyone would have mentioned them in the Sweet 16 after the Big Ten Tourney, you would have been laughed at. Between the game and the Hash Bash, Ann Arbor was the place to be yesterday. I just don't understand how someone can shoot 40% from the line after playing that much basketball throughout their lives....clunk...clang...throwing up bricks...it's just mind-blowing. I think I would be totally disgusted with myself after doing that for a whole season at any level.

I don't usually call out the refs, but I had 6 bad calls against the Orange and 2 against Michigan, SU definitely got screwed. Then they screwed themselves in the end with bad shot selections. Tough way for the season to come to an end.

CONGRATULATIONS LOUISVILLE CARDINALS! NCAA BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS FOR 2013!

What a great game last night...one of the greatest, best-played, fast-paced championship games ever played. Props to both Michigan and Louisville for bringing it last night. Players from both sides were flying down the court making spectacular play after spectacular play. At one point the action was so fast and furious(and the refs swallowed their whistles for a change) that it resembled a high-level street game.

That's one reason I was glad Syracuse got knocked out by Michigan. If Syracuse had been in the final it would have been an ugly game. Syracuse is like the New Jersey Devils of college basketball. Just as New Jersey tried to turn every game into a low-scoring scrum with their neutral-zone trap, Syracuse attempts the same with their 2-3 zone. It's basically a way of saying "we're not good enough to defend/beat you straight up so we're gonna mug ya".

We would have been deprived of that beauty of a game last night if Boeheim's boys had been in, so Michigan deserves a nation's gratitude just for beating Syracuse. Michigan is young, so I have a feeling they'll be back in the mix next year. Not sure about Louisville. There hasn't been a repeat champion since Duke in 1992.

Edited by Strider

What a great game last night...one of the greatest, best-played, fast-paced championship games ever played. Props to both Michigan and Louisville for bringing it last night. Players from both sides were flying down the court making spectacular play after spectacular play. At one point the action was so fast and furious(and the refs swallowed their whistles for a change) that it resembled a high-level street game.

That's one reason I was glad Syracuse got knocked out by Michigan. If Syracuse had been in the final it would have been an ugly game. Syracuse is like the New Jersey Devils of college basketball. Just as New Jersey tried to turn every game into a low-scoring scrum with their neutral-zone trap, Syracuse attempts the same with their 2-3 zone. It's basically a way of saying "we're not good enough to defend/beat you straight up so we're gonna mug ya".

We would have been deprived of that beauty of a game last night if Boeheim's boys had been in, so Michigan deserves a nation's gratitude just for beating Syracuse. Michigan is young, so I have a feeling they'll be back in the mix next year. Not sure about Louisville. There hasn't been a repeat champion since Duke in 1992.

They made it to the final four and the refs fucked us with 3 minutes left with that garbage call where the SU player was hacked with an arm and they get the call. That shit ruined it for SU. They could have won the whole thing. They are not the NJ Devils as you say,.

Spoken like an NBA fan. What makes college basketball so great is the different styles that are played. Basketball is a team sport and in order to beat SU's zone is to play as a team. They shut down the national player of the year, the scoring studs from Cal and the entire IU offense - which was the highest scoring this season. That's why I love the college game and not the pro game - different styles and match-ups.