Chasing The Dragon 3/4/75 Dallas, TX.

Amstel

Great show, regardless of what many may think.

Sick Again, Over The HIlls And Far Away, In My Time Of Dying, and The Song Remains The Same are all excellent. The playing between Bonham, Jones and Page is something else.

Still my favorite all-time performances of IMTOD, TSRTS and Rain Song. I got a 5-disc compilation set in 1994 that had those three together, and when I finally got the whole show, I was very pleased. I wish NQ wasn't cut, and that the audience was a little more involved. But probably one of my top-10 shows (but...I give a slight edge to the next day's show). I love the '75 tour above all others.

Wasn't "chasing the dragon" slang for using heroin back in the day?

Indeed it was (and probably still is)- the term actually refers to old time opium smoking.

You could tell the apathetic audience at this show pissed Plant off...at least the band did their best to pull out all the stops though.

I would call this a regular show from 1975, and from what I could listen to, it was partialy the crowds fault.

Robert tries to get the audience to groove, but that just wont happen.

I still think that the show in Vancouver from this tour is the best, such a powerfull version of TU, really blows

you away.

I've had this show for years, on a cassette tape bought back in the 80's. Cuts off during MD and has A LOT of bass! Still always enjoyed the show and haven't listened to it in a while - probably because it's on tape! Love the plantations as well, evident by my sig.

:)

Archived