2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

^^ Yes sir, you're only one game back and you got the Yanks coming to the Orioles house while the reeling Rays play Boston. If all goes well you could be at the top of the Wild Card standings very soon. ^_^

As I said above, watch out for Cleveland...they play nobody!!! Every other team in the playoff chase has to play multiple series with either a division leader or playoff contender. BUT NOT CLEVELAND! They get to feast on losers.

^^ I don't know if I would call the Royals losers, but I get your point. Royals aside, the Indians have a lot of punching bags in front of them. And Baltimore lost today, I guess a 4 game sweep was too much to hope for...

Your Mets won a game and beat them! Did you not know this? That means no damage done. We are still tied with them but we all may lose a game to Tampa if they win one out west? But we get them head on and they have Boston this week. As for the Yankees and their supposed good fortune Strider, their pitching staff is decimated thanks to the Red Sox. They are stretched very thin. We lost today by inches. Flaherty missed the greand slam by inches and a stupid running play by Dickerson who is probably going to write his own ticket back to AAA, also cost us big time. We are home and I believe have a big advantage over the Yankees based on pitching and their availability.

\

As for the best Series ever, how old are you Paul? Do you not reallize the 1986 series between the Mets and Red Sox and the 1975 series between the Red Sox and Big Red Machine are the two best for sure. In modern days since 1960 lets say. In fairness to the old ones I cannot comment previous to that. But those two were incredible. Your Mets were in one and you do not even know?

\

As for the best Series ever, how old are you Paul? Do you not reallize the 1986 series between the Mets and Red Sox and the 1975 series between the Red Sox and Big Red Machine are the two best for sure. In modern days since 1960 lets say. In fairness to the old ones I cannot comment previous to that. But those two were incredible. Your Mets were in one and you do not even know?

Of course I know about the '86 Mets, but I was only 4 years old at the time & didn't start watching baseball until around 1994 when the year the strike happened. When I say 2001 was the best, I'm of course speaking about Series I've actually watched live. I know all about Bill Buckner & the ground ball that got through & of course there was a Game 7 of that series which no one seems to remember just like Game 7 of the Boston/Cincinnati series.

Of course I know about the '86 Mets, but I was only 4 years old at the time & didn't start watching baseball until around 1994 when the year the strike happened. When I say 2001 was the best, I'm of course speaking about Series I've actually watched live. I know all about Bill Buckner & the ground ball that got through & of course there was a Game 7 of that series which no one seems to remember just like Game 7 of the Boston/Cincinnati series.

Those two series were so much more entertaining than any recent ones. Not even close. Game six of the Boston/Cincy series was one of the greatest baseball games I have ever seen. Carleton Fisk's classic home run was one for the ages

^^^

The number of Hall of Famers in that 1975 World Series trumps any recent WS like St. Louis-Texas or other steroid-era Fall Classics.

Rick, if you read my post closely, you'll see that I said the Yankees have a brutal first couple of weeks before their schedule gets easy. If they can somehow manage to get thru this thicket without losing too much ground, however, they will have a good chance of gaining ground while Baltimore and Boston and Texas and Tampa play tougher foes.

^^ What was going on with Buck Showalter tonight?

Something was said that pissed him off. Accusations of the Yankees stealing signals. I missed the arguement as I tuned in just after it happened. it happened very early in the game. I hope we can beat those fuckers again tonight. Tonight may be our toughest matchup. I love Feldman tomorrow. Gonzalez is facing Kano tonight and he had a big game against us last tmie out. Hoping we can find our bats.

SWEEP THE YANKS!

Come on, O's...if ever there was a time to sweep a team, that time is now.

AMEN TO THAT. But tonight is the one I fear the most. Because Nova had a great game against us. If Gonzalez can keep us in it into the 7th, we will have the edge. Our bullpen is rested and loaded and the Yankees are tired and in dire straights with their pen. They must get a big game from Nova. If they go to the pen, it spells trouble. I feel damn good about Feldman tomorrow. Go O's and wake up Chris.

As for that 27 remark, unlike my other teams, the O's do have a few titles. And have been to many series

Okay, that play was fabulous. A-Fraud cuts off a throw that may very well have gotten the runner going home and the catcher stands there with his arms out like he's saying "WTF man!!"

Beautiful...

And KC came through to help. I need Houston to hit my parlay. The Astros have been good to me. Back to the race, when it was 4-1 and Gonzalez gives up the first HR, why the fuck didnt Buck pull him? Why? And then he goes to two rookies when he has Oday and Matusc rested. And K Rod. WTF? Feldman tomorrow and I am confident we are going to make them pay. A Rod may have been injured?

Archived