Computer games you have been in to then and now

LedZeppfan77

Before high speed internet was around I was playing games like Leisure Suite Larry and Kings Quest. Both were tons of fun. I also had a game called something like Gold Rush. Redrum reminded me of this with his gold nugget post. Anyway, you had three ways to go to California during the Gold Rush during the the days of 1849 and such. Stage Coach, with Indians out to get you, or through the Panama junngle before the Panama Canal existed or by ship around the Southern Cape and up the coast. Some of those adventure games were alot of fun.

th_Larry.gif

Leisure Suit Larry...cassic. Al Low has recently started on an updated version of Leisure Suit Larry In the Land of the Lounge Lizards. I'm really looking forward to it. I've been playing LSL 7: Love for Sail for the last few weeks, fantastic game.

I grew up with a Sega Genesis, just bought one (our original one broke a few years ago) and have been replaying all the games I have for it. Some of my favorites are Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Mortal Kombat and Sonic the Hedgehog.

I do a majority of my gaming on pc, games like Fallout 3, Skyrim, Minecraft, Mass Effect.

I used to ply a game on my friends computer with Sudoku style square tiles each with 0ne-four different coloured triangles from corner they were placed one after another in a grid and the more coloured sides that matched around preplaced squares

Does anyone remember what it was called ?

I don't play any games on the computer. The only ones I remember playing in the 70s are "Lunar Landing" and "Pong". I was never one for spending hours at the arcade, either...not when I could be at the beach, or if it was raining or cold, in my room building models or reading.

The only game I liked at the video arcade was Asteroids. That, and pinball. By the 80s I was over that shit. Today, I might play the occasional pinball machine if there's one in the bar or club, but as far as video or computer games go, I have zero interest.

Completely forgot Pong, that was a classic.

Once you got kicked out of class there was the option to play Pong, so I spent a lot of school time ponging.

I have Pong!! Technically I have Pong Sports IV, but I love it! I have a little 70's TV that is the only way I can play it because the connection is so weird..like two little prongs and screws?? I also have Intellivision with some greats like Pitfall :D

I still have my SNES which I played endlessly when was younger, love the Mario games. Then of course PS2 and Wii. The only games I've played on PC were the Harry Potter ones. Oh yeah and Oregon Trail waaaaayy back!

Leisure Suit Larry...cassic. Al Low has recently started on an updated version of Leisure Suit Larry In the Land of the Lounge Lizards. I'm really looking forward to it. I've been playing LSL 7: Love for Sail for the last few weeks, fantastic game.

I grew up with a Sega Genesis, just bought one (our original one broke a few years ago) and have been replaying all the games I have for it. Some of my favorites are Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Mortal Kombat and Sonic the Hedgehog.

I do a majority of my gaming on pc, games like Fallout 3, Skyrim, Minecraft, Mass Effect

I loved Leisure Suit Larry. I played all of the editions. Kings Quest was great too. As for Sega, I used to love the hockey game they had. My kids had the Lion King game. Virgil mentioned Pac Man. What a craze that was. I had a friend that was an absolute expertt at it. He went way into the "keys" on it. I could barely get by the fruits. And Ms Pac Man. Centipede and Space Invaders if I have it right and Frogger were always in local bars. Those games were simply addicting. You could spend hours on them. After Sega Nintendo became more advanced and it just kept getting better and better with the technology. Pac Man will always be one of the all time favorites.

And then you have Madden football and all of that stuff. Tournaments and all. I never really played it seriously. Now I have Wii. My wife has it mainly for the workout game. Which is fascinating, the graphics and all. I have bought the hockey and baseball used real cheap and have not even tried them yet. I have an extra set of speakers I have to decide where I want to hook up. If i hook them up in the bedroom to have sterio sound there I need a new reciever. Probably talking $500 unless I can find one on E Bay or Craigslist.

Those old video games are worth some money I have heard. Like pac man. You need four guys to lift one of them. I certainly have no room for one. Some of the bars should bring them back. Far better than those darts. And pool tables you always have to wait forever to get to play. My days of hitting those type of taverns are over. I will go to a place like the Distillery ( a sports bar with a hundred TVs) where the food is ok and a good assortment of beer.

I think I have a hockey game and the Lion King game. Madden 95 on the Genesis is fun as it was released (I believe) before being endorsed by the NFL. I have the next release of Madden, 96, and it's a completely different game once the NFL got involved.

Those old video games are worth some money I have heard.

I recently unloaded my PlayStation 1 games, 25 or 30 of them I think, and got like $160. Not that much per game, but way more than I thought I'd get for 10 year old games that sold thousands and thousands of copies.

The only computer game I regularly play is Minecraft. I can't even imagine how many hours I've spent on that damn game...

I've spent loads of time in that game. It's such a simple game that doesn't sound like much on the surface, but it's one of the most addicting/time consuming and entertaining games I've played. Through the wonders of modern technology I even run a small server that I play on with another member of this forum.

Thanks for the site Virgil. Hey, Publicenemy, I cant believe I forgot Playstation. That is the monster. I know my ex wife went to Buffalo to get my daughter Playstation II when it first came out to get it for Xmas. I think we paid over $300 for it then. Now Wii is the big thing. I do like playing the tennis and baseball. I wish I could play real tennis as good as I can play it on a computer.

Archived