Jeff Buckley and Jimmy 'Cried When They First Met' Says Friend

kenog

According to my notes...

Back in '98 Jimmy said he attended a Jeff Buckley gig at a festival in Europe in '95 or '96. If it was '95 then I believe that may well have been their first meeting.

When Page/Plant were on tour in Australia they attended Jeff's gig at the Palais Theatre in Melbourne on February 28, 1996.

In the Jan 1997 issue of Mojo magazine Jimmy cited Jeff Buckley's 'Grace' album for the feature "The Best Thing I've Heard All Year".

Jimmy attended a private viewing of the exhibition 'A Wished For Song: Jeff Buckley, A Private Legend' by Merri Cyr at Sony Ericsson Proud Central in London on February 28, 2005.

SAJ,

Thanks for adding this detail to the thread - very interesting notes.

According to my notes...

Back in '98 Jimmy said he attended a Jeff Buckley gig at a festival in Europe in '95 or '96. If it was '95 then I believe that may well have been their first meeting.

When Page/Plant were on tour in Australia they attended Jeff's gig at the Palais Theatre in Melbourne on February 28, 1996.

In the Jan 1997 issue of Mojo magazine Jimmy cited Jeff Buckley's 'Grace' album for the feature "The Best Thing I've Heard All Year".

Jimmy attended a private viewing of the exhibition 'A Wished For Song: Jeff Buckley, A Private Legend' by Merri Cyr at Sony Ericsson Proud Central in London on February 28, 2005.

According to my notes...

...Photographs of Jimmy, at Private Viewing...

http://www.gettyimages.ca/editorial/jeff-buckley-pictures?Language=en-US

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Ross Halfin (Diary 6 May 2013) says this story is untrue.

"...I read UNCUT magazine on the plane which has a cover story on Jeff Buckley. It tells how when he met Jimmy Page they both cried. Well this is fiction as I was there, it was in Melbourne at the Palace Theatre the last show of the Grace Tour. We saw half the show, in fact we tiptoed across the stage as he was playing to get to our seats. Afterwards Jeff told Jimmy how he'd stood under the big screen at a festival they were both on at watching Page and Plant. Jeff's manager kicked us out as he wanted to have a "BAND" meeting, Jeff looked embarrassed and apologised. So much for the myth that they both burst into tears."

Archived