2013 NFL Thread

Strider

Who? ;)

Riddle me this, Batman: How does Houston go from a team picked to make the playoffs to a team that cannot even beat the Raiders without their starting QB...at home, no less?

Houston has to rank as one of the big flops of the season so far.

They need to fire Kubiak and take his sh!t qb Shaub with him! Why did they take out Keenum when he has been on fire and didn't play that badly against Oakland? Their defense is what sucked and Kubiak was just looking for an opportunity to get Matty-pick 6 back in there! They suck big time!!! Congrats to your Raiders, Strider - back-up qb, back-up rb, and on the road - nice win!

Washington always gives them fits.

It is a MUST win for SF, they should throttle Washington and their overrated qb. Great throw at the end of yesterday's game - Bob Griffin! :rolleyes: Let's hear him whine one more time about how much he gets hit......then don't try to run with it every third play idiot!

Carolina is playing great football. I am happy that when I saw them live they were not yet on tract and EJ and the Bills beat them at the buzzer. I would want no part of them now as the rest of our division will find out. They shut down San Fran, and they can score as you know. I think they will light up New Englands defense. Sure New England will get some points. But not enough

^^^

Lots of teams still alive in the playoff hunt still, Paul, especially in the NFC, where only Seattle and pottedplant's and justawoman's and bayougal's Who Dats are a lock for the playoffs.

The seeming collapse of San Francisco, Atlanta, Green Bay and the mediocrity of the NFC East has given everybody in that Conference a fighting chance. Even Arizona. :rolleyes:

And what did I tell you about the Giants? I posited a month ago that the NY Elis were doing their usual schtick of playing dead the first month or so of the season before rising like Lazarus and Rick pooh-poohed that idea. Well, look who has won 4 or 5 straight games all of a sudden and is back in the thick of it in the NFC East: The New York Football Giants.

Thanks to Dallas and Philadelphia mucking about (The Taters are always hopelessly incompetent), the division is up for grabs. Dallas vs. Giants will be a crucial test in establishing the pecking order and momentum for the stretch drive of the season.

In the Norris Division, it all depends on when Aaron Rogers comes back and if he is effective when he does...Green Bay has to be wary of rushing Rogers back too soon in a panic and risk further injury to their franchise quarterback. Chicago and Detroit should be able to take advantage of Green Bay's disarray, but as we saw yesterday, both of those teams remain flawed and cannot be trusted to do anything right. So it'll be a three team dogfight for that division, just like the NFC Least.

With the 49ers loss, Seattle has a nice lock on the West and a one game lead over New Orleans for home field advantage for the playoffs. And if you don't think both Seattle and New Orleans DESPERATELY want and need home field, you haven't been paying attention. Both of those teams are significantly less dangerous on the road than they are at home.

Carolina is playing well, and tonight's game against New England will be a sort of national coming...or as jabe would say, caming...out party for the Panthers. The nation I think is still wondering if Carolina is for real. A win over Brady on Prme Time TV would seal the deal.

But even if they win tonight, I still think the Saints take the division and Carolina gets one of the Wild Card spots.

I'll tackle the AFC later.

It's the serious time of the season...the playoff stretch drive. I love it!

I feel like repeating what I said a few months back about Seattle having home field in the playoffs, but I'll wait 'til a few weeks from now when the Saints have to go into Seattle. I know it's not a playoff game but if the Saints go into that noise box & win then who knows what the future will hold as far as playoff positioning and who gets that coveted #1 seed...

I do think we have a chance too, Strider. We are playing Atlanta next week, in Atlanta. I don't think it will make that big a difference to the Dat's - playing Atlanta in Atlanta. They will still beat them.

No question, pp...as long as the Saints don't take it for granted and fall asleep. Sadlanta has to rank as one of the unexpected flops of the season, along with Houston, San Francisco, and to a lesser extent, Baltimore.

Seattle has a bye this week, and their first game back will be a HUGE GAME: New Orleans @ Seattle. That game will most likely decide home field advantage for the playoffs.

The following week, Seattle plays San Francisco and then they go to New York to play the Giants. Like I said, this is the time of year when it gets fun for a football fan.

You are so right. I am loving football more each week. I pay attention to what is going on and what you told me about the spreads, OU, etc.

It will be interesting to see how the Giants fare against Seattle. I am cheering for the Giants...to win.

I don't like to be pessimistic when it comes to the Saints, but it will be extremely difficult for them to beat Seattle in Seattle. That is just

reality. I won't pick against my beloved team, but I will be prepared to lose.

You've hit the nail on the head. It breaks down to pressuring Eli. If they can and make him throw they way he did in the first match up, the Cowboys SHOULD win. But if not, look out for another 400-500 yard performance against the Cowboy D. Hatcher and Ware are both practicing this week, along with Austin and others who have been out. Sean Lee missing is still a HUGE hole in the middle though. The offense had better put up at least 35 - which I know they can, but just haven't been clicking the past few weeks.

You've hit the nail on the head. It breaks down to pressuring Eli. If they can and make him throw they way he did in the first match up, the Cowboys SHOULD win. But if not, look out for another 400-500 yard performance against the Cowboy D. Hatcher and Ware are both practicing this week, along with Austin and others who have been out. Sean Lee missing is still a HUGE hole in the middle though. The offense had better put up at least 35 - which I know they can, but just haven't been clicking the past few weeks.

Looking at it from the outside, because I could care less about these teams, I believe Dallas will win and I am picking them. The bye helps and the Giants are not "fixed" because of a few wins vs who? A Green Bay team without their QB and before that the Raiders? Big deal. Dallas wins. And tonight, the Brady bunch is going down

That's very considerate, Strider. And I do appreciate the offer. I love football. It's just about the only time I turn the TV on.

Sadly, only on night games. I have to work every weekend and I can't watch enough of the games to get a bead on any team. Only stats and replays to go by. Otherwise I'd love to join you. I do read the threads and y'all are awesome. :thumbsup: