2013 NFL Thread

Strider

Well, they are ahead right now, but for how long. They missed a 31 yard field goal!!! I feel like I'm watching little league football. Both teams are horrible, fat, and ugly to boot.

Aha! So that's how you're doing so well on your picks...you're picking the hottest looking team. ;)

Uggh, what did I say about the Cowboys in games they should win. :rolleyes: Oh well, at least Strider is happy, I think. He did pick the Boys after all (doh)... :D

Of course I'm happy! Haha...I'll take a Raider win over a football pool win any day!

This halftime show is the worst! Why is Selena Gomez wearing the Washington Redskins team colours in Dallas' stadium? Is she stupid? Terrible lip-syncing job as well. Boring.

Of course I'm happy! Haha...I'll take a Raider win over a football pool win any day!

This halftime show is the worst! Why is Selena Gomez wearing the Washington Redskins team colours in Dallas' stadium? Is she stupid? Terrible lip-syncing job as well. Boring.

Heh! I was in another room and my wife said there's a girl like Miley Cyrus doing the halftime show.

Great win today by my Jekyll & Hyde Lions. After losing nine straight on Thanksgiving, it sure was refreshing to enjoy a victory dinner. One thing about Stafford....he never misses low.

There's some things that make me think the Lions might surprise some people late in the year. First off, we're totally healthy. We're also getting some consistant play from unexpected sources. I would have never thought our rookie offensive linemen would be playing this well. Warford, the 3rd round rookie guard from Alabama is an animal. He's been rated in the top 5 in the NFL every week. Waddle, an undrafted rookie at RT is playing great. On defense, Devin Taylor, a 4th round rookie DE has stepped in due to injury and has been playing outstanding with two sacks today. Same with Ziggy Ansah. Our front 4 is damn solid and getting better every week. They destroyed GB's offensive line today. If Aaron Rodgers was playing, I don't think the end result would have been much different.

We're our own worst enemy....every loss can be traced to our own stupidity and immaturity. If turnovers and bone-head plays are reduced we can play with anybody. That's a big if....because from the head coach all the way down, this team's biggest problem is that it doesn't yet know how to close out a game to get the win. Being a fan for 45 years of the worst team in professional sports, excuse me if I consider that to be a minor problem.

Gee, I guess many here are out Black Friday shopping? Anyway, if you watched the end of that Pittsburgh game, what a joke. I do not like Pittsburgh. But they got screwed on that one call. How can you call a guy down and the play over when the other team rips his helmet off during a TD? Stupid stupid call and a stupid stupid rule. They got the TD eventually but it killed their momentum and they did not make the two pt conversion . I wanted Pittsburgh as it would have helped my Bills down the road perhaps since we beat the Ravens. I would rather have a tie between us and Baltimore in a wild card situation as we beat them. But that is far off and not a certainty. We have to beat Atlanta. Must. We are favored and if you told me at the start of the season we would be favored over Atlanta I would never have believed it. They have fallen from grace quickly but I know how dangerous they are. I just hope our defense plays like they have been and it will work out for us if that happens. I really believe that Miami/Jets game is a coin toss. Very tough one to call. The game I love is the Rams getting 8 vs San Fran. No way can ANYONE give this St Louis team 8. They have turned the corner. Look out next year if they do not sneak in this year. Unlikely. I think the Rams may win that one outright.

That Jets game will be a tough one, but we owned the Jets last year in their house & if it was not for a missed field goal, it would have been a clean sweep. Gawd, how I detest the J-E-T-S.

There's a lot of games on the schedule I don't feel good about, Jaguars/Browns, Titans/Colts, Arizona/Philadelphia. Could be another brutal week as far as the picks go.

And I agree, 8 points does seem like a large spread for the Rams game. Think the '9ers will win but not by that much.

That Jets game will be a tough one, but we owned the Jets last year in their house & if it was not for a missed field goal, it would have been a clean sweep. Gawd, how I detest the J-E-T-S.

There's a lot of games on the schedule I don't feel good about, Jaguars/Browns, Titans/Colts, Arizona/Philadelphia. Could be another brutal week as far as the picks go.

And I agree, 8 points does seem like a large spread for the Rams game. Think the '9ers will win but not by that much.

Arizona and Philly I agree and the Cardinals are a shock to me. How are they playing this good? Are the Colts falling apart? They do not look like the same team as early on. My Bills have alot of hope with the schedule and the possibility of getting in if they win out. And they CAN win out. Southern teams do not like coming up here and playing in this brutal cold and historically have not faired well. I think we can beat Atlanta, Miami and Tampa and there is one more that is a joke, it might be Jacksonville? The only game that I think we will be an underdog in, maybe, is at New England on the final week. I say maybe because iF New England clinches their position, they may sit their starters in that one. That would pretty much give the Bills a win.

^^ I still think that Bills game vs. Tampa will be a tough one, but who knows. "Parity" seems to be the word the NFL officials like to use and we certainly have a lot of it this year. If the playoffs were to start today, I think there are a lot of wild card teams that could go on the road & win a playoff game.

Carolina at Dallas is one possibility & I definitely think Cam could go into the billion dollar playpen in Dallas & steal a game. Baltimore at Indy is another "what if" scenario and the Chiefs could go into Cincy & win. Of course, the race I'm sure most will be focusing on is who gets the #1 seed in the AFC, which is why Sunday's Broncos/Chiefs game is so critical.

I'm not so sure about Denver playing in that noise asylum & if the weather is a bit cold, we will hear once again about Peyton Manning's shortcomings when the temps are below 40.

Archived