2013 NFL Thread

Strider

I can have one more TD. Unlikely but possible. Seattle is going to be tough to beat.

And to you Chase, yes, they are cheating. But proving it will be tougher this time. No worries, they wont beat Cincy or Denver on the road.

Rick - it took him one day to backpedal.. He knows he is full of it and that he made a fool out of himself..

Antonio Smith: Claims not serious
December 3, 2013
TANIA GANGULI via SPORTSCENTER

HOUSTON -- Antonio Smith said Monday that his comments about being suspicious of the New England Patriots' knowledge of the Texans' defense were taken more seriously than he intended.

"Though it may be something I was curious about that kind of didn't seem right, like, 'How all of a sudden the change here?', it wasn't a serious matter to where I was thinking, 'Aw, man, they're spying on us, they're cheating,' things like that to the point where it gets to a big story about me accusing them of cheating," Smith said. "It's me being me."

Asked about Smith's comments during his news conference Monday, Texans coach Gary Kubiak began shaking his head while the reporter finished his question.

"I have the utmost respect for their organization, their players, their coaches, their head coach and the standard that they've been setting for a long, long time in this league," Kubiak said. "So, you know, they did a great jobyesterday and have been doing it a long time."

On Sunday after the Texans' 34-31 loss to the Patriots, Smith said he found it "very suspicious" that the Patriots' offense seemed to know about new defensive wrinkles the Texans had added last week. He said his suspicion stemmed from the fact that the Patriots seemed to know those changes were coming before seeing them on the field despite the fact that the Texans had never used them in a previous game.

"Either they were spying on us or scouting us," Smith said.

The attention his comments received surprised Smith. He said his teammates teased him about it. He said he didn't think about his comments after saying them until Monday morning when "everybody wanted to kill me on Instagram."

Told spying is a sensitive word when used about the Patriots, Smith said he realizes that now.

"I'm sorry I said the word spying because of a prior engagement of them being caught spying before," Smith said. " ... It don't matter to me. Those are the battles, those types of battles are between coaches. Schemes and different things like [that, it's] between coaches. My battle is trying to figure out how to beat the guy in front of me."

The NFL fined Patriots coach Bill Belichick $500,000 and the team $250,000 and took away a 2008 first-round pick for videotaping the New York Jets' signals during a game on Sept. 9, 2007. Belichick called it a mistake and attributed his mistake to a misinterpretation of the rules.

"It tickles me how much the country loves the Patriots so much that they take everything so seriously," Smith said. "I don't know what to say about it. I guess no media is bad media; thank you for getting me on ESPN for taking Tonestradamus' word and his soothsayer abilities to new heights. I don't know what else to say about it."

^^^

That's great Mark! You lost the game but at least you made the Top 10 on ESPN, haha. ;)

Did you take any photos of the game? It looked like you had decent seats. Any chance of you posting them here?

Rick - it took him one day to backpedal.. He knows he is full of it and that he made a fool out of himself..

Antonio Smith: Claims not serious
December 3, 2013
TANIA GANGULI via SPORTSCENTER

HOUSTON -- Antonio Smith said Monday that his comments about being suspicious of the New England Patriots' knowledge of the Texans' defense were taken more seriously than he intended.

"Though it may be something I was curious about that kind of didn't seem right, like, 'How all of a sudden the change here?', it wasn't a serious matter to where I was thinking, 'Aw, man, they're spying on us, they're cheating,' things like that to the point where it gets to a big story about me accusing them of cheating," Smith said. "It's me being me."

Asked about Smith's comments during his news conference Monday, Texans coach Gary Kubiak began shaking his head while the reporter finished his question.

"I have the utmost respect for their organization, their players, their coaches, their head coach and the standard that they've been setting for a long, long time in this league," Kubiak said. "So, you know, they did a great jobyesterday and have been doing it a long time."

On Sunday after the Texans' 34-31 loss to the Patriots, Smith said he found it "very suspicious" that the Patriots' offense seemed to know about new defensive wrinkles the Texans had added last week. He said his suspicion stemmed from the fact that the Patriots seemed to know those changes were coming before seeing them on the field despite the fact that the Texans had never used them in a previous game.

"Either they were spying on us or scouting us," Smith said.

The attention his comments received surprised Smith. He said his teammates teased him about it. He said he didn't think about his comments after saying them until Monday morning when "everybody wanted to kill me on Instagram."

Told spying is a sensitive word when used about the Patriots, Smith said he realizes that now.

"I'm sorry I said the word spying because of a prior engagement of them being caught spying before," Smith said. " ... It don't matter to me. Those are the battles, those types of battles are between coaches. Schemes and different things like [that, it's] between coaches. My battle is trying to figure out how to beat the guy in front of me."

The NFL fined Patriots coach Bill Belichick $500,000 and the team $250,000 and took away a 2008 first-round pick for videotaping the New York Jets' signals during a game on Sept. 9, 2007. Belichick called it a mistake and attributed his mistake to a misinterpretation of the rules.

"It tickles me how much the country loves the Patriots so much that they take everything so seriously," Smith said. "I don't know what to say about it. I guess no media is bad media; thank you for getting me on ESPN for taking Tonestradamus' word and his soothsayer abilities to new heights. I don't know what else to say about it."

Belechek and Brady have been caught with their pants down once. God know's what other crap they have pulled? That beady eyed little shit of a coach has seen his best days anyway. Yes they will win the division one last time this year. Then Brady had best get his surf board and golf clubs ready

I will reluctantly concede that the Seahawks will make the Super Bowl. However, I think the 49ers will beat them in SF as they will be without the 12th Man. I'm also hoping the Niner fans will get just as damned loud so the Seahawks can see what it feels like.

'Buncha quiche eaters!'----Randy Cross speaking about the 49er fans. :lol:

Thanks, Strider.... I didn't bring my camera, but those have been my front row season tickets since Reliant Stadium opened in 2002...

The posting feature isn't letting me post any photos in this post, but there are a couple from the Houston Texans official website from Sunday, up on my "Mark Bowman Images" Facebook page.....

I will reluctantly concede that the Seahawks will make the Super Bowl. However, I think the 49ers will beat them in SF as they will be without the 12th Man. I'm also hoping the Niner fans will get just as damned loud so the Seahawks can see what it feels like.

'Buncha quiche eaters!'----Randy Cross speaking about the 49er fans. :lol:

Let's not concede anything yet...injuries, momentum, more suspensions, anything could still happen in this last month of the season to affect what happens in the playoffs.

The 49ers are clearly playing better now than they were earlier in the season when Seattle took their lunch money. So let us see what Sunday brings before anointing the Seahawks Super Bowl Champs. There is such a thing as peaking too early.

^^ Yep, it looks like it's Seattle's trip to the Super Bowl to lose & who can go into that noise asylum & win, I have no idea. But I think your '9ers will get some payback this coming Sunday.

The 49ers are back on track and it won't be a Seattle cakewalk. But I think they could easily win the Super Bowl.

Let's not concede anything yet...injuries, momentum, more suspensions, anything could still happen in this last month of the season to affect what happens in the playoffs.

The 49ers are clearly playing better now than they were earlier in the season when Seattle took their lunch money. So let us see what Sunday brings before anointing the Seahawks Super Bowl Champs. There is such a thing as peaking too early.

It's kinda true but Seattle looks pretty strong. I think Carroll will get coach of the year. Of course I'm always hoping for the best for SF. :^)

It's kinda true but Seattle looks pretty strong. I think Carroll will get coach of the year. Of course I'm always hoping for the best for SF. :^)

And the first ever Super Bowl to be played in cold weather will not hurt Seattle. Or Denver or Cincy. The Lions? Not sure. Yes I think they must be in the conversation

^^ Indeed. I don't think the Steelers should lose draft picks over it however. Tomlin tried some slick shit, he got caught. Fine him and move on....

Agreed.

Most people seem willing to move on unless it involves the Patriots..

Last week Jason Kidd spilled WATER on the Basketball Court to force a time out.. Coach Tomlin stands right in the way of a kick off... no problem...

Forget all that.. 7 years ago Eric Mangina accuses his former team of doing something the whole league was doing... Yes everyone was taping...

Let's crucify them for life because they are good... they must be cheating because some idiot makes some stupid claim that the Patriots must have a crystal ball to figure out his teams new plays... They MUST BE CHEATING...

Last week Jason Kidd spilled WATER on the Basketball Court to force a time out.. Coach Tomlin stands right in the way of a kick off... no problem...

Forget all that.. 7 years ago Eric Mangina accuses his former team of doing something the whole league was doing... Yes everyone was taping...

Let's crucify them for life because they are good... they must be cheating because some idiot makes some stupid claim that the Patriots must have a crystal ball to figure out his teams new plays... They MUST BE CHEATING...

Spygate is old news to me as far I am concerned. I know others might feel differently about it, but the Patriots got their punishment & the fact that they are still good has more to due with the fact you have one of the greatest QBs of all-time and a head coach who is pretty damn good himself.

There are plenty of reasons not to like the Patriots, cheating is not one of them. Just my $0.02...

Let's crucify them for life because they are good... they must be cheating because some idiot makes some stupid claim that the Patriots must have a crystal ball to figure out his teams new plays...They MUST BE CHEATING...

I didn't pay any attention to that Houston loser shooting his mouth off, and I think most of us have moved on from the whole Spygate thing, chase. Spygate is an excuse for losers to cover the fact that their team stinks.

As for Mike Tomlin, I'm impressed that he took his punishment like a man. He didn't weasel or make excuses and try to appeal and get it reduced...he embraced the fact he deserved and would be punished by the league. You don't see that too often.

And the first ever Super Bowl to be played in cold weather will not hurt Seattle. Or Denver or Cincy. The Lions? Not sure. Yes I think they must be in the conversation

That makes a lot of damned sense putting it in that cold ass place. <_<

If the Niners don't make it this year then maybe SB 49?

49ERS WIN SUPER BOWL 49!!

:thanku:

Here's why NBC didn't bail on this "game"

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/november/nbc-and-nfl-might-be-rethinking-week-13-flex.html

Looking forward to hear what you think of the film tonight. Have fun!

First, I want to thank you ebk for that link...I'd never heard of that site before; love the title!

Second, you can find my thoughts on the film over in the Movie thread, as I just posted a little blurb.

Can't believe I'm actually watching this game, or maybe I can believe it. Jags in scoring position right now, hope they can cash it in...

You need an intervention, Paul. Hahaha. At least watch the Clippers-Grizz game instead.

Archived