Bring It On Home Question

I would have loved to have inserted Bring It On Home into the O2 setlist in lieu of many of the songs that made it. It's a Top 5 favorite for me for sure.

Bring It On Home was a great closer but Rock And Roll was the best closer they could have chosen for the O2 so I don't see were it would have fit. I love the song, I just don't think it fit into the setlist. Personally, I would have dropped In My Time Of Dying and maybe For Your Life and replaced them with something from ITTOD (In The Evening or maybe Fool In The Rain for the first time ever) and one of the great classics like The Ocean or Achilles Last Stand.

Along the same vein, in the last verse of BIOH, the tab books describe it as a trumpet that play (4) 16th notes at the end of each vocal phrase (IIRC).

What is it? Is it studio trumpets, Jones on a keyboard or Page on guitar?

• 5 months later...

I'm not 100% on this, but I think they overdubbed the song at least three times because Page plays the main riff in three different spots at the same time in the song, which I'm sure other members tossed in some other things as well (they did this is many, if not all songs). Which I'm sure Bonham did the wood block lol I could imagine Plant playing a trumpet hahaha!

Bring It On Home was a great closer but Rock And Roll was the best closer they could have chosen for the O2 so I don't see were it would have fit. I love the song, I just don't think it fit into the setlist. Personally, I would have dropped In My Time Of Dying and maybe For Your Life and replaced them with something from ITTOD (In The Evening or maybe Fool In The Rain for the first time ever) and one of the great classics like The Ocean or Achilles Last Stand.

how could you drop In my time of dying, or For your life?!?!!. Those where the show stoppers, and the WOW factor of the show, lol

Archived