Page Dressed In B&W only since 2007?

It’s highly probable Mr. Page consciously made a decision to be seen in public in either black or white dress only. Since the 02 concert, Page has been showing up in B&W as the English gentleman; elder statesman; or just making it damn easy on himself...... Nevertheless, I do believe he has a reason behind it. Very peculiar I might add. Since the 02’ do we have any photos of him aside from B&W dress? From the John Varvatos modeling photos earlier this year, which were released in B&W, Page appears to be wearing a maroon shirt - maybe. I’m guessing from the shade, tint, etc, but cannot be certain. There was a backstage rehearsal for Jeff Becks HOF induction 2009 where Page was wearing a dark (Black?) t-shirt. Everything else seems to be slacks, dress coast and long sleeve shirts……Thoughts?

It’s highly probable Mr. Page consciously made a decision to be seen in public in either black or white dress only. Since the 02 concert, Page has been showing up in B&W as the English gentleman; elder statesman; or just making it damn easy on himself...... Nevertheless, I do believe he has a reason behind it. Very peculiar I might add. Since the 02’ do we have any photos of him aside from B&W dress? From the John Varvatos modeling photos earlier this year, which were released in B&W, Page appears to be wearing a maroon shirt - maybe. I’m guessing from the shade, tint, etc, but cannot be certain. There was a backstage rehearsal for Jeff Becks HOF induction 2009 where Page was wearing a dark (Black?) t-shirt. Everything else seems to be slacks, dress coast and long sleeve shirts……Thoughts?

He has said he does employ a stylist but regardless it's a great look for him and I see it as a positive continuation of his own innate sense of fashion and style through the years.

It's a lot easier to pull together ensembles if you're wardrobe consists of black or white items. Black also has the virtue of being slenderizing and chic. Page always looks pulled-together and appropriate in photos taken in public so his stylist is doing his/her job. Still, it would be nice to see him wear a spot of color now and then. Wine, crimson, purple and lavender look good on people with his coloring. Maybe he could try a shirt or sweater in one of these shades.

It's a lot easier to pull together ensembles if you're wardrobe consists of black or white items. Black also has the virtue of being slenderizing and chic. Page always looks pulled-together and appropriate in photos taken in public so his stylist is doing his/her job. Still, it would be nice to see him wear a spot of color now and then. Wine, crimson, purple and lavender look good on people with his coloring. Maybe he could try a shirt or sweater in one of these shades.

Those colors are unlikely to be worn for high profile appearances as there seems to be a bit of "branding" at play here as Mudslider has suggested. Time will tell as the next round of promo duties for the remasters is just around the corner.

Yeah, the German Army jacket but the distinction being made in this thread is he's been wearing black and white for nearly all of his post-Nov 2007 high-profile public appearances, especially of late.

But the jacket he wore at the London O2 premiere was blue. I don't really agree with the premise of this thread TBH, but hey ho.

Archived