Wine

Janvier

Yes, 100% wine content, 13% Alcohol By Volume. I think you'll find every wine bottle has the alcohol content listed on the label, it tells us how strong it is. It's not a new concept to be honest!

• 7 years later...

Had a Beautiful bottle of Beronia 2012 Gran Reserva Rioja last evening. We had it with Lamb, Jersey Royals and Asparagus. Typical Rioja style. Oak and Vanilla with a silky finish. 

@Strider. When we were in New York we had a good few bottles of Beringer Sauvignon Blanc. Lovely.

beronia-gran-reserva.jpg.1bb288819ab570f42b008b161f68bc06.jpg

• 1 month later...

@ebk @Strider

It was our Wedding Anniversary  yesterday and we went to a local restaurant for dinner. We had a bottle of this. I swear that it was the best wine we have ever tasted. Mrs CP is not a big red wine drinker, but this was seriously wonderful. Velvet smooth with that leathery sweetness, Vanilla and Cola. It was nothing like the Strawberry, light coloured  Pinot's from NZ or France. No, this was a big fat dollop of fruit goodness. £32 notes a pop but as we know the owner he said I can get you a case or two at cost. My bank balance is in serious doubt of going in the red, if you pardon the pun. It was a 2017 vintage

Napa-Cellars-Pinot-Noir-750-ml_1.png.343f185c5a74fc71e5c8225270453ff6.png

Edited by chillumpuffer

54 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

@ebk @Strider

It was our Wedding Anniversary  yesterday and we went to a local restaurant for dinner. We had a bottle of this. I swear that it was the best wine we have ever tasted. Mrs CP is not a big red wine drinker, but this was seriously wonderful. Velvet smooth with that leathery sweetness, Vanilla and Cola. It was nothing like the Strawberry, light coloured  Pinot's from NZ or France. No, this was a big fat dollop of fruit goodness. £32 notes a pop but as we know the owner he said I can get you a case or two at cost. My bank balance is in serious doubt of going in the red, if you pardon the pun. It was a 2017 vintage

I have tasted that wine several times before and it is indeed splendid.

3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

@ebk @Strider

A very Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs. cp!!!

Of course Sean has had everything :), however, I have not had this.  But, I will definitely see if it's available around here.  I love a rich, velvety red.  Thanks!! 

1 hour ago, ebk said:

I googled around yesterday and see that it's carried in a bunch of stores around me, so next time I'm out (later today even!), I'll pick up a bottle or 2.  

Hope you and Mrs. cp enjoyed your celebration!! 

We did thanks Esther. It was lovely and it was the first dinner out since all this bollocks started.

Wine envy here as we can't get that in the UK, unless I tap the restaurant up. As I say it was 2017 Vintage. Tonight we have a Pinot from Monterey, CA. See what that's like. 

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

We did thanks Esther. It was lovely and it was the first dinner out since all this bollocks started.

Wine envy here as we can't get that in the UK, unless I tap the restaurant up. As I say it was 2017 Vintage. Tonight we have a Pinot from Monterey, CA. See what that's like. 

Ever try Gnarly Head?

21 hours ago, ebk said:

A very Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs. cp!!!

Of course Sean has had everything :), however, I have not had this.  But, I will definitely see if it's available around here.  I love a rich, velvety red.  Thanks!! 

I live in California. It is my duty to seek out and sample as many of the California vineyards as I can. :drunk:

Edited by Strider

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 3:51 PM, ebk said:

I googled around yesterday and see that it's carried in a bunch of stores around me, so next time I'm out (later today even!), I'll pick up a bottle or 2.  

Hope you and Mrs. cp enjoyed your celebration!! 

Picked up a bottle from the restaurant we ate at the other week, £16 notes. The owner said we can as many as like. My bank balance is in serious trouble

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...