Forbes: What Robert Plant Can Teach Leaders

dimestoreguru

Geezer you didn't disprove anything, you just can't accept that Robert doesn't want to be in Zep and you are using ridiculous claims, trying to prove that Robert Plant should do what Geezer wants and that if he doesn't, he is not a good person, while in fact he is still obviously far better then most!! What if he would start to tell you what you should do!? How would that make you feel!? He is doing what he wants in a noble way!

And I'm not delusional, my life success proves that!

Victor, Robert had no desire to be a golden god! He simply had that voice and he used it!

Good post Deborah!

Are you literally 5 years old? Where did I say he is not a good person? I did not even mention his not being in Zep. I merely refuted your ludicrous statement that he has stopped making money.

I said:

I already refuted your absurd statement that he's not intending to make money.

And you replied:

What have we learned? Geezer is pissed on people that are making a lot of money differently then he imagines?

And he didn't intentionally become less successful, he just did what he wanted and now has a smaller audience, even if he won awards and had hits!

Do you know why he has a small audience? Because he plays in small arenas.

I'm going to the seaside in ten minutes, so I dont have more time!

But what you just did is disgusting! You actuallly changed your post, after I posted mine! You changed the same minute, you bastard, but you still did!

You left your statement the same, but you changed mine, but it still it doesn't change anything! I never said he stopped making money!

You just ran out of good arguments and are trying to picture me as immature or delusional!

Goodbye!

Hi Matjaz1,,

Thanks for the kind comment a few post back.

Geezer, you have made it so clear as to how you feel about Robert's direction in music. But for the sake of hopefully providing a point that Robert's opinion in regards to music has not changed. He has always been about growing in a musical direction.

Then add the fact that they lost Bonham and they all as a group decided that Led Zeppelin as it was could not go on. I admire them for that decision. Yes, they did the 02 concert for a very great and meaningful cause and Jason got to have his dream come true. I have said this in the past and I believe that when all is said and done, Robert will be respected for wanting to keep that legacy. In the music industry he is IMHO a great leader and example for many!

No John Bonham, no Led Zeppelin!!!

But what you just did is disgusting! You actuallly changed your post, after I posted mine! You changed the same minute, you bastard, but you still did!

I'm calling this bullshit. Show me your cards.

Deborah, do you realize that I've never even mentioned that Robert should be with Zep? You can even go to the New Box Sets thread and see me defending Robert for NOT reuniting with Zep.

What have we learned? Geezer is pissed on people that are making a lot of money differently then he imagines? I guess he is just not high enough to decide the way some one should be making it for him!

But being high enough, can certainly prevent you from earning it yourself!

Don't mind geezer,ignore him. All he has been doing is causing trouble the last week with posters and he has been reported

I'm going to the seaside in ten minutes, so I dont have more time!

You left your statement the same, but you changed mine, but it still it doesn't change anything! I never said he stopped making money!

You just ran out of good arguments and are trying to picture me as immature or delusional!

Goodbye!

Please report geezer,I and others have. He clearly has a mental problem

If the Stones didn't call on Mick Taylor to take part in this tour, no one would have cared. Bill Wyman was upset that they brought him out for a couple of songs and refused to do any more shows with them.

I think RP has kept a pulse on what's going on in music, and just wants to go where the journey takes him.

The funny thing is Tom Jones (of all people) is on that same journey Robert's on.

I don't know if Sir Percy can teach CEOs anything, but integrity of the art, the passion for music, and keeping it interesting for himself makes him a shining example for artists of any age to follow their passions. The end of Led Zeppelin was the end of one chapter and the beginning of another. To be able to transition, Bowie has always been through a series of transitions, but out of his peers? Peter Gabriel is about it.

I disagree that Robert Plant plays only small venues. The HSBC arena in Brazil accommodates around 15.000; the Gigantinho in Porto Alegre and the Auditorio Nacional in Mexico City 10,000 each, while the Luna Park has a capacity of 8,000.

The Expominas in Belo Horizonte has 50,000 seats, but if I recall correctly the place was sectioned in halves (or thirds) Plant didn't occupy the place in its entirety. The smallest venue was the Teatro Guaira in Curitiba, with 2,000 seats.

The point I'm trying to make is Robert Plant doesn't play small venues all the time. On the issue of "making money" out of touring and playing with the Sensational Space Shifters frankly it's a topic that doesn't interest me, whether he's being financially successful that's of concern to his accountants only, I'm only interested in his music.

I would agree with Matjaz where he says: "doing exactly what you want is the very core of art!"

Let me rebut and say that clw's posts are a lot bigger reason to be banned.

And my argument with Matjaz is a reason to be banned? Can you please explain?

A guy who says things like this:

"What have we learned? Geezer is pissed on people that are making a lot of money differently then he imagines? I guess he is just not high enough to decide the way some one should be making it for him!"

"And I'm not delusional, my life success proves that!"

"But what you just did is disgusting! You actuallly changed your post, after I posted mine! You changed the same minute, you bastard, but you still did!"

I think I'm done arguing here.

1) clw is just a curious member who likes Robert. There was no trouble involving her until you inserted your $0.02. I've told you in our PMs to stop and you kept going, digging yourself deeper into a hole that shouldn't of been started.

2) "Are you on drugs? I think you are." is clearly my proof. Do you seriously think that MatJaz1 is going to agree with what you're saying? This is a forum and everyone has the right to have their own opinion. I'm not saying that that argument in particular is a reason to be banned, but many of your feuds contribute more reasoning towards this.

ledzepfilm, did you even read the argument? He TOTALLY misinterpreted what I said then based a large portion of his argument over that.

Who in their right mind would say Robert did not enjoy success outside of Zep? This is a complete absurd and anyone who's looked at the charts will attest to that.

But I guess this is some next-level fanboyism. Giving credit for EVERYTHING. Unfortunately, this forum is getting fraught with it.

Archived