Peter Mensch to answer fan questions on Reddit again

Cookie0024

What is the issue between Page and the other surviving Yardbirds regarding royalties and ownership? Who is claiming what? Does anyone know?

I do know he has wanted to reissue it for a long time and take the noise out.

Hey Cookie... thanks for helping hook me up to the reddit gig! Pretty disappointing unfortunately - I realize P.Mensch manages a lot of groups but Jimmy Page is by far the one generating the majority of the BUZZ and participation in the forum for all of us HUNGRY for REAL Led Zeppelin news. I can't quite figure out his decision to return after three months with essentially NO content???

His answer to my questions regarding the Vinyl Reissues were troubling @ best and I sincerely hope when the decisions are made whether or not to do the Vinyl Releases individually or as a box set that they (whoever besides Jimmy Page has a say) base that decision on contemporary economic realities. Over half the U.S. lives in poverty and 3/4 of the remainder are struggling to keep their heads above water! An all-inclusive vinyl box set would be out of reach for a LOT of Zeppelin Fans Old and New. I for one would prefer NOT to have to sell a kidney to China to be able to afford it.

People are rebuilding their lives piece by piece and the Vinyl Renaissance is about rebuilding our collections - one-at-a-time. Do the right thing Jimmy!

Peace

I love you ^^

Peter's photo...management presenting themselves that relaxed to the public should be fired.

That just makes you sound jealous. I think Q and their artists are doing fine.

I haven't bothered with the Mensch interview so I'm not sure what he may have said. I posted details here about three or four years years ago that in December 2000 Jimmy canceled a meeting to resolve 'Live Yardbirds! Featuring Jimmy Page' royalties & ownership. On January 22, 2001 Jimmy made a formal offer to The Yardbirds (Dreja/McCarty) for him to produce an album of all The Yardbirds' Anderson Theatre and New York studio tracks. It was rejected and now more than twelve years down the line it seems there's still too much water under the bridge.

I seem to remember him expressing an interest in re-releasing the Anderson Theatre show during the Celebration Day press-talks. He said "not to get [him] started" on the affair, which made it sound more recent...but perhaps not.

"A little preachy, no?" Mmmm... maybe the "Do the right thing Jimmy" was a bit. But certainly NOT expressing the truth regarding the economic realities of the majority of the U.S. and a LOT of Led Zeppelin Fans. Nor what a bad idea a box set of the Vinyl Reissues would be vs. releasing them individually - which was presented as and EITHER/OR option by P.Mensch and NOT both as you suggest. Hopefully he really is "out of the loop" on that decision making process and just misspoke.

You're right about one thing... a Led Zeppelin Vinyl Reissue Box Set, including only Jimmy knows what in extras would be a serious luxury item. And of little interest to the majority wanting to experience the sublime sonic quality of Led Zeppelin on Vinyl and the JOY of their music... and NOT have it be a "Can I afford this luxury item??" decision.

...No, still too preachy -- it's a piece of entertainment, and not a necessity. If you can't afford it, don't buy it -- and also, don't pirate it.

I'm almost certain, like I said before, that the vinyl will be released individually and in a box-set. It's also conceivable that the remastered digital box-sets might include a vinyl copy of the album...all of which I'm fine with, btw.

It's already been done. It would be an expensive, luxury-type purchase...

Forgot about those and some of the other complete sets like the Japanese obis and the Complete Studio Recordings. But this is a lot different and has generated so much more interest here with the likely inclusions of unreleased studio material, live performances and video as well. Probably far more copies of these will be produced of this due to what will probably be included. Just basic economics and makes more sense to have individual album releases money wise. Although, not a bad idea to have an all inclusive package as well.

Forgot about those and some of the other complete sets like the Japanese obis and the Complete Studio Recordings. But this is a lot different and has generated so much more interest here with the likely inclusions of unreleased studio material, live performances and video as well. Probably far more copies of these will be produced of this due to what will probably be included. Just basic economics and makes more sense to have individual album releases money wise. Although, not a bad idea to have an all inclusive package as well.

I very much doubt an inclusive box-set featuring the additional tracks.

Here's my prediction:

·Individual CD and vinyl releases (deluxe/standard);

·CD/vinyl box-set(s) [i.e. of all nine albums]

I very much doubt an inclusive box-set featuring the additional tracks.

Here's my prediction:

·Individual CD and vinyl releases (deluxe/standard);

·CD/vinyl box-set(s) [i.e. of all nine albums]

That makes sense. May get an individual cd of out takes and one for live material from each album as well.

Q:

Why can't Robert Plant and Jimmy Page just get along and do a tour with John Paul Jones on bass and Jason Bonham on drums? I'm sure it has to do with financial reasons, but care to shed any light on this for me please?

A: It goes back way further and way deeper than anyone of us can imagine or discover

"Imagine or discover..."

Oh come now, surely it can't be that bad...?

• 2 years later...

As long as we can all get together and enjoy the bonus tracks, without worrying about having to pull a heist to pay for box set/albums.!

"Imagine or discover..."

Oh come now, surely it can't be that bad...?

it's all topsy turvy. i thought rp was going to work with alison again/that would my guess at this point in time/

since jp said he sees no sign of a reunion? you can bet they will focus of separate productions

Archived