Led Zep Danish TV '69 documentary

• Administrators

Led Zep Danish TV documentary:

Da Led Zeppelin ramte Søborg

• Genre: Musik
  • Vist: DR2, 12. sep. 2012
  • Vises indtil: Ingen udløbsdato

TV-Byen i Søborg er Danmarks Radios TV-hovedkvarter i 43 år, fra 1963 og frem til 2006. I den periode optræder nogle af musikhistoriens største ikoner i studierne ved Hareskovvejen nord for København. Dette er historien om dengang en nydelig hattedame fra Nyhavn forsøgte at stoppe en koncert med et af verdens største rockbands. Dette er historien om den dag, Led Zeppelin ramte Søborg.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google translation:

When Led Zeppelin hit Soeborg

Genre: Music
Displayed: DR2, 12 September 2012
Appears until: No expiration date

TV-Byen in Soeborg is Danmarks Radio TV headquarters for 43 years, from 1963 until 2006. During the period occurs some of music's greatest icons in the studies by Hareskov, north of Copenhagen. This is the story about the time a pretty hat lady from Nyhavn tried to stop a concert by one of the world's biggest rock bands. This is the story of the day, Led Zeppelin hit Soeborg.

http://www.dr.dk/tv/se/da-rocken-kom-til-byen/da-led-zeppelin-ramte-soeborg-2/#!/

Led Zep Danish TV documentary:

Da Led Zeppelin ramte Søborg

• Genre: Musik
  • Vist: DR2, 12. sep. 2012
  • Vises indtil: Ingen udløbsdato

TV-Byen i Søborg er Danmarks Radios TV-hovedkvarter i 43 år, fra 1963 og frem til 2006. I den periode optræder nogle af musikhistoriens største ikoner i studierne ved Hareskovvejen nord for København. Dette er historien om dengang en nydelig hattedame fra Nyhavn forsøgte at stoppe en koncert med et af verdens største rockbands. Dette er historien om den dag, Led Zeppelin ramte Søborg.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google translation:

When Led Zeppelin hit Soeborg

Genre: Music

Displayed: DR2, 12 September 2012

Appears until: No expiration date

TV-Byen in Soeborg is Danmarks Radio TV headquarters for 43 years, from 1963 until 2006. During the period occurs some of music's greatest icons in the studies by Hareskov, north of Copenhagen. This is the story about the time a pretty hat lady from Nyhavn tried to stop a concert by one of the world's biggest rock bands. This is the story of the day, Led Zeppelin hit Soeborg.

http://www.dr.dk/tv/se/da-rocken-kom-til-byen/da-led-zeppelin-ramte-soeborg-2/#!/

Such a strange alphabet and dialect for an American like me.

This is my language and what makes Led Zeppelin the Greatest Rock and Roll Band of ALL-TIME:

I'm not danish but I can follow. WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP! What do we hear? We hear about the people who were involved and their glassy eyed teenage memories. Then we get snippets of the performance and the old story about Eva von Zeppelin. They say "this is what Jimmy Page had to say" and show a close-up from the snippet of the NYC conference from the official DVD with a dubbed voice in danish "telling" the story. Then we get to hear about The Nobs and about their success in the modern world. Then, lo and behold, we see amateur footage of the 02 arena show. If they're too cheap to pay for the licensing of footage from Celebration Day, I can't expect much!

The link isn't working for me; it just goes to a blank page. Anybody else having this problem?

I had to disable Ghostery (a widget blocker ) to view the video. As Kayley says it is the story of their TV appearance in Danish which I cannot speak.

Blissful ! Thankyou.. or should I say, Tak ! I have to declare an interest: as a UK TV viewer I have been hooked on Borgen and The Killing, and as a result, the lilt of the Danish language is almost as compelling as the music of early Led Zeppelin . Don't understand it one bit, but hey ..

How could anyone carp at the idea of celebrating this key early performance and that footage which still has such immediacy ? Great music has a power of its own, but the way we all respond to it is just as worthy of celebration. Good on the Danes for recognising that this was a big musical moment, on their turf.

These forums, when they're not noting key dates in Zep's history, such as this one, are full of threads about the transforming effect of listening to them : How did you first discover Led Zeppelin?/Memories of Earl's Court/ What's your personal Zep memory? That's all part of the story.

This was plainly a low budget programme, but they made it, complete with the horribly unprepossessing Danish TV buildings. I don't care one bit that there was no official Celebration Day footage in it: that wasn't the point. They did, apparently (to repeat: I have no Danish, I just go a bit softheaded when I hear it ) find a couple who were there for the Danish TV gig and also made it to the O2 . That's far more relevant, and probably rather lovely for those who understand what they said.

What pleases me is that they actually made, and broadcast, the programme. I love music, but I also love to explore the way people and places are touched by it: how it feeds into our experience and touches our lives like nothing else. Of course the programme looks a bit cheap and low budget, but the intention is spot on.

It also points up one difficulty with Led Zeppelin's legacy and how it is discussed and reported. There are so many extraordinary releases, whether on film or TV, of Zep's contemporaries, including the Beatles, Stones, Bowie: those have happened because so much was shot in the first place, so much access was granted. There is no sign that Jimmy's or anyone else's vaults contain equivalent footage.

Result: it is hard to make a film or a programme about Led Zeppelin. There's a huge appetite for delving into the stories of many bands of that era, which of course secures their legacy and perpetuates the interest ... sadly I think Zep are at a disadvantage on that front. Personally I hope that people will continue to make programmes which celebrate Led Zeppelin's past and reflect the impact they had on so many fans.

Archived