2013-14 NFL Playoff Predictions thread....

paul carruthers

8 more days 'til the big game. Man this 2 week wait is killer. Maybe Roger Goodell should look into shortening the whole affair to one week, Might be better than trying to find ways to "fix" the game, like this proposal of eliminating extra points. Just a thought...

They only did it the time we kicked the ball "wide right". If we had time to bring our emotions back down to Earth after destroying the Raiders 51-3, we may have been better prepared for our first ever Super Bowl. I do not think anyone thought we could actually lose to the Giants. I wish we had played Montana's 49ers instead. We almost did. The Gulf war was the reason there was only one week to prepare they had said back then. Whitney Houston sang the national anthem and was splendid. We made Rodney Hampton look like Doug Williams in the sense of being a star on the biggest stage and normally not seen or heard from that much. But I will always blame Chuck Dickerson who had his call in show on Buffalo talk radio. I hope your reading this Chuck you piece of shit,. Marv Levy fired him after that game and justifiably so. He always had a chip on his shoulder for it. And always trashed Marv. The dim wit did not have the fucking common sense to stack the line of scrimmage and force a no name guy named Hostetler to throw the football. Still, Kelly, in heroic fashion engineered what should have been the winning drive. We all know the rest of the story. I would go over Niagra Falls in a barrel full of monkeys to erase that day and see that ball go through the uprights. And I am sure Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly and Andre Reed would also.

^ Yeah. Who can forget Norwood and "the kick".

Norwood did a decent job kicking for one of our (Birmingham) short lived pseudo pro teams.

I followed the Bills due to Joe Cribbs and Cornelius Bennett and Chris Mohr.

And follow now because of Dareus.

Still a Bills fan, but no barrel rides for me.

^ Yeah. Who can forget Norwood and "the kick".

Norwood did a decent job kicking for one of our (Birmingham) short lived pseudo pro teams.

I followed the Bills due to Joe Cribbs and Cornelius Bennett and Chris Mohr.

And follow now because of Dareus.

Still a Bills fan, but no barrel rides for me.

Yeah that was a real killer, I liked Kelly and was rooting for the Bills.

Then they went back the next year and I thought they had a chance, but Washington wins it.

Then two years against Dallas when Dallas had that offensive line that was the size of Mt Rushmore....

No barrel rides here either! But I will watch YOU go over the falls Rick! We could sell tickets.

Walter Jr. and I were watching the top 10 all-time Super Bowls show on the NFL network the other night and I was telling him about this game - I was rooting for the Bills too - and then it showed up in the top 5, I believe. Tough one for sure!

They only did it the time we kicked the ball "wide right". If we had time to bring our emotions back down to Earth after destroying the Raiders 51-3, we may have been better prepared for our first ever Super Bowl. I do not think anyone thought we could actually lose to the Giants. I wish we had played Montana's 49ers instead. We almost did. The Gulf war was the reason there was only one week to prepare they had said back then. Whitney Houston sang the national anthem and was splendid. We made Rodney Hampton look like Doug Williams in the sense of being a star on the biggest stage and normally not seen or heard from that much. But I will always blame Chuck Dickerson who had his call in show on Buffalo talk radio. I hope your reading this Chuck you piece of shit,. Marv Levy fired him after that game and justifiably so. He always had a chip on his shoulder for it. And always trashed Marv. The dim wit did not have the fucking common sense to stack the line of scrimmage and force a no name guy named Hostetler to throw the football. Still, Kelly, in heroic fashion engineered what should have been the winning drive. We all know the rest of the story. I would go over Niagra Falls in a barrel full of monkeys to erase that day and see that ball go through the uprights. And I am sure Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly and Andre Reed would also.

I just realized, this is the first Sunday in a long time that we've had no football. It's a kind of melancholy feeling I have...

smiley-sad016.gif

You still have the "pro bowl", Paul! ;)

At least I have the Rolex 24 to whet my appetite for the upcoming racing season! :yesnod:

I just realized, this is the first Sunday in a long time that we've had no football. It's a kind of melancholy feeling I have...

smiley-sad016.gif

No Football Sunday. WTF? And what is up with this team Rice and Team Sanders on my fucking Las vegas site? Is one AFC? They both played in the NFC? The over and under is 90!!!!! Can you believe that shit. Talk about touch football on the beach.

^ The under is looking real good right now. The defenses look like they've come to play tonight!

What say ye about the real game next weekend? The O/U has stayed right at 47. I got one bet in early and I bought up to 48 1/2 and went under. I do not feel good about the total but plan to lay the hammer down on Seattle

LOL Jabe. As a matter of fact I do have a boyfriend.

Matt Prater, No. 5. Denver. I truly love him. :)

ok. With potted's input, my official pick:

DENVER

Will win by 6 to 11 points.

What say ye about the real game next weekend? The O/U has stayed right at 47. I got one bet in early and I bought up to 48 1/2 and went under. I do not feel good about the total but plan to lay the hammer down on Seattle

Over, unless the weather looks bad - which as of now it doesn't.

ok. With potted's input, my official pick:

DENVER

Will win by 6 to 11 points.

I think people are overlooking the fact that when Seattle has the ball, how will Denver stop them? How will they stop Lynch? Denver does not have a defense like Seattle. Seattle to me can contain Manning enough to beat them. And if Seattle can control the clock, they will force Manning to throw and they will be coming.

Make it official. Seattle wins and big

What's the weather forecast for Sunday? If it's going to be cold and rainy I would look for a relatively low-scoring game. Otherwise, I expect Denver to put up points like they have been doing all season long.

Or to put it in another word... OMAHA!!!!!

I hear it will be chilly, not freezing, possibly a little rain. I'm leaning toward Denver, but will wait a few more days.

I think people are overlooking the fact that when Seattle has the ball, how will Denver stop them? How will they stop Lynch? Denver does not have a defense like Seattle. Seattle to me can contain Manning enough to beat them. And if Seattle can control the clock, they will force Manning to throw and they will be coming.

Make it official. Seattle wins and big

Peyton throws 2-3 TD's.

Either Peyton or Wes Welker are the MVP.

potted's boyfriend plays a significant roll as well.

Archived