2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Buck needs to take Tillman out to the wood shed. The few balls he did get over looked like they were thrown underhand. Worst outing I have ever seen by him and its after his best. I expect a rebound with Chen. The good news is they are hitting. First loss to Pirates in 7 games, Tampa has really fallen apart. I doubt many saw that coming. And its mainly because they have no pitching. But they have also stopped hitting. Unlike Oakland who is hitting everything in sight. Texas at Detroit should be a good series. Darvish gives Texas an edge today I would say. We need to beat the Indians. Yankees have to go to the South side of Chi town and take on Sale. Tough.

Well, pretty much the only good thing about being a Mets fan these days is you still have Keith, Ron and Gary in the booth calling the games. As for the product on the field, meh...

I'm guessing if Terry Collins survives til the end of the season, this will be his last, hopefully. This organization needs some kind of kick in the ass and so far our 2 big free agent signings, Granderson and Colon have been 2 big busts. And I think fatass is throwing tonight, hopefully not too many of those straight as an arrow fastballs he delivers will end up in the seats....

Josh Beckett just threw the first no-hitter of the season for the Dodgers....

Well the underachieving Dodgers needed it. My O's head to Milwaukee where I have no clue what to expect from Tillman. He goes from a 5 hit complete game shutout to a nightmarish two inning game where he cant find the strike zone. I have to think it was just a bad day. He has been too good to think something is terribly wrong. I am expecting him to bounce back. The Yankees and O's both have tough series coming up. At St Louis and Milwaukee respectfully. Yikes

Tigers got their ass stomped again. I might say cause for concern, but they still have a 5 game lead in the Central, so I won't panic yet.

I said the A's were due for a losing streak and the Blue Jays made it happen. The Jays in 1st place in the East, in late May, who had that? :wacko:

Tigers got their ass stomped again. I might say cause for concern, but they still have a 5 game lead in the Central, so I won't panic yet.

I said the A's were due for a losing streak and the Blue Jays made it happen. The Jays in 1st place in the East, in late May, who had that? :wacko:

I do not put much stock in who is on top by two games in May, especially in a tight division. The bigger surprise is the collapse of the Red Sox and Tampa both. Baltimore and the Yankees are right there. I do think every team in this division has pitching issues. We need to get Matt Wieters back and I do not know if that will happen. Its a nightmare. I am hoping Tillman bounces back tomorrow night. Oakland is going to score a ton of runs this year. I do not know about their pitching either. Its wide open. I speak of the AL. Starting to think the Dodgers and Giants may both get in in the NL. Wash and Atlanta also could do the same so the wild card race should be a good one there. I do not know what to make of the Reds. Can the Brewers hang in there for the long haul? Colorado is another team that could surprise.

Did anyone think they would see that L10 next to Boston in the standings? I even did not. They have lost ten in a row and now must go to the capital of the South and play the regular season machine that is the Atlanta Braves. Good luck with that

10 straight, that is pretty bad, but I won't throw the towel in on the Sawx just yet, even though they have fallen 8 games out of first, yowsers! Maybe that dustup with the Rays will light a fire under Boston or maybe the Braves will beat their heads in. Who knows how this game will go...

I can hardly bear to read or post in this topic. Trying to stick with my feelings from the start of the season that as long as the team as a whole doesn't stop trying, they get a pass this year.

Hope everyone else who posts in this thread is happy with how their teams are doing. I saw Detroit play in Boston last week. Even during the lineup announcements, I thought to myself what a great team that is. They are in a bit of a rough streak right now, but what a strong team in both hitting and pitching.

Again, good luck everyone.

I get the feeling with the Tigers, the prevailing thought will be Win the World Series or the 2014 season was a failure. No one's going to give them a pat on the back for another division crown or just making it to the ALCS. Win the trophy or bust for the Tigers. I get the feeling the same vibe will be on the Denver Broncos too, but I'll save that kind of talk for the NFL thread...

5 hits we got ih the 3rd innning. Not bad. Lead off man on. Tillman at the plate. What a rare sight.

It does not really seem fair. The AL pitchers must bat in NL cities. But when they come to AL cities they get to DH. Advantage NL

Edited by LedZeppfan77

I've always felt that they should abolish the DH, and have the pitchers hit in both leagues, but I know that will never happen. Not any time soon anyway.

The kid Degrom has pitched well again & the Mets have scored him a couple of runs, now I just have to hope the bullpen can come in and close the deal....

It must really suck to be Jeff Samardzija right now--you give up 3 runs and you know you are cooked because the Cubs can't score many runs. Dude must be counting the hours til the trade deadline.

I wonder what's going on in Atlanta; at one point the machine was rolling 6-1, now it's tied at 6 with a rain delay--funny how this game of baseball goes...

:wacko:

It must really suck to be Jeff Samardzija right now--you give up 3 runs and you know you are cooked because the Cubs can't score many runs. Dude must be counting the hours til the trade deadline.

I wonder what's going on in Atlanta; at one point the machine was rolling 6-1, now it's tied at 6 with a rain delay--funny how this game of baseball goes...

:wacko:

He will be traded. I feel for him too. Orioles just came back from 6-4 in the 9th. Took the lead 7-6 in the 10th and now we need Zack Britton to get 3 outs!!!! Go O's!!!!!

Go ahead RBI by Hundley the new catcher. Schoop has 2 HRs today

Oh I took the Cubs today. Not done yet

Edited by LedZeppfan77