2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Pretty exciting game!!

I upped my medication. AGAIN. Those Tigers by the way are human I guess. Got smoked 10-0 by Oakland. Oakland does not just beat you, they clobber you . Scary team when they are on their game. Detroit has had their number so I guess it was a bit of payback. Back to the O's, great that the new catcher got the game winning RBI. But I would like to hear some good news on my boy Wieters. Watching the Cards and yankees in extra's. Mr CArdinal, King something or other, where art thou. Get your boys in gear. Tampa had 3 ducks on the pond in Toronto at last check down a run. I guess we need to have someone put some breaks on Toronto.

^^ I'm also happy to see Hundley get that RBI. Nice way to join the team! If I hear anything about Wieters, you'll be the first to know.

Toronto - who'da thought.

^^ I'm also happy to see Hundley get that RBI. Nice way to join the team! If I hear anything about Wieters, you'll be the first to know.

Toronto - who'da thought.

Well I am not giving Toronto anything just yet. we are right there. Thanks on the Matt Wieters comment. I sure hope we get him back. either way they need to lock him in long term. Brian Roberts just gave the yankees the lead in extra's. Who would have thought that. Anyway, Davis will be back tomorrow. Great comeback. Tillman has to work out these problems he has had last two games in early innings especially. He pitched a gem, a complete game 5 hit win and then this. At least we won. Lets see if the big bad Cardinals can come back. These guys look like a bunch of weight lifters. Molina got robbed on a fly ball that may have been a HR? It was close. Where did they find this hillbilly that is pitching? Another Red Sock? What a catch in RF. Sac fly and 2 run lead by Yankees. I am surprised by this. But its not over. Tampa better start doing something. I no longer fear Boston. Yeah, that's right. You do not lose ten in a row and survive in this division. I have the Dodgers later on vs the Redlegs. Cubbies came through. Cardinals trashed this game

I hope you're watching this Dodgers game...

I watched some. Tonight Chen goes. I feel pretty good when Chen is on the mound. And Chris Davis is on a plane to Milwaukee a new father. Need his bat in the lineup. So much for Tampa puttinig the brakes on Toronto. Tampa has big big problems. Is this going to be a 3 team race?

Cubs are playing decent ball lately. Arrieta goes tonight. Our old ace. I hope he wins.

I don't know about those Blue Jays. It seems like every year they are expected to be in the race & they always come up short. Will 2014 be any different, time will tell...

I see the Mets fired their hitting coach and cut Jose Valverde--it's too bad you can't cut the entire bullpen that threw gasoline all over the mound yesterday vs. the Pirates... smiley-sad006.gif

I don't know about those Blue Jays. It seems like every year they are expected to be in the race & they always come up short. Will 2014 be any different, time will tell...

I see the Mets fired their hitting coach and cut Jose Valverde--it's too bad you can't cut the entire bullpen that threw gasoline all over the mound yesterday vs. the Pirates... smiley-sad006.gif

Lets reserve judgement until they beat someone of quality please. Its real aggravating when our pitchers make early mistakes. And as for the farm developement? I think we have a better chance of seeing Ted Bundy than Dylan Bundy. What is going on with this guy? I know Tillman can be a rock solid guy. Chen is good, but he is a five or six inning good type. Our middle relief must hold up in the end. I know we have the bats, but we are missing on big one in Matt Wieters. It really sucks. Chris is back in after having a baby girl. I heard 5 O's are mentioned for the All Star team? I wonder if we are going to try and pull one trade for another starter? I like how Jiminez is coming along. I feel good about him now. It looks like the Mets may be making a change soon. They started out like they may be turning the corner. Now it looks like they will have to wait.

Josh Beckett just threw the first no-hitter of the season for the Dodgers....

And 70% of LA wasn't able to see it, thanks to the extortion that Time Warner's Dodger Channel is trying to force on Direct TV. Direct TV so far has refused to budge and so the majority of Los Angeles is unable to see any Dodger games. Even the road games, which used to be on free over-the-air tv, are only on the Dodger Channel now.

What makes the timing for this cable money-grab even worse is that this is Vin Scully's last season calling Dodger games and nobody see him. All my Dodger friends are beyond pissed and disgusted with the Dodgers new ownership for this bullshit mess.

I just filled out my All Star Ballot:

American League
1B - Pujols, Albert - LAA
2B - Kinsler, Ian - DET
SS - Bogaerts, Xander - BOS
3B - Beltre, Adrian - TEX
C - Wieters, Matt - BAL
DH - Encarnacion, Edwin - TOR
OF - Bautista, Jose - TOR
OF - Cabrera, Melky - TOR
OF - Trout, Mike - LAA
National League
1B - Freeman, Freddie - ATL
2B - Weeks, Rickie - MIL
SS - Tulowitzki, Troy - COL
3B - Arenado, Nolan - COL
C - Mesoraco, Devin - CIN
OF - Blackmon, Charlie - COL
OF - Gomez, Carlos - MIL
OF - Upton, Justin - ATL
Btw, I can't say I'm shocked to hear that the Captain, Jeter is leading the All Star balloting. Sentimentality and all....

Time for Buck to get these fuckers moving. Cruz is a cinch for the All Star team and though /Wieters leads voting he will not be available I am sure. Johan Santana is to play a few minor league games and the Orioles are hoping he will be ready by early July at worst. We need him to be a success. We need the pitching to be better, but Jiminez was not bad last night. We did not hit. It was like they did not care. They had best care and wake up tonight. For some reason they are huge favorites tonight. Buck has to be pissed. Still in the race but need to get moving right now. Detroit goes to Seattle tonight and faces there other great pitcher other than Felix. I cannot spell his name. Starts with an I. I notice when Chen pitches for us they have a translator in the dugout. So he cant speak English.

Watching the highlights of the 2nd dustup this year between the Sawx and Rays; why David Price wasn't tossed after hitting his second batter I have no idea, especially after the warnings were issued & I think he was definitely throwing at Ortiz the first time. A heated rivalry this has become...

Oscar Taveras:

Welcome to the Major Leagues and the Powerful and Mighty Saint Louis Cardinals.

If you actually watch the clip till the end, you will see how Classy and Respectable the Saint Louis Cardinals Players are, as a team and an organization.

Oscar Tavaras as the next Albert Pujols?

Giants: Best record in the league. :)

Yes, a bit of a surprise. Manny Machado just hit a grand slam. 9-1 Orioles. Love it. Yankees lost but Toronto still hot. Cruz hit in hand by Feldman and left game. Sucks. Did not seem serious. It best not be. He leads the AL in HRs and RBI's

Anyone remember when Miguel Cabrera was hitting under .300 and people were worried about him? Seems kind of foolish now....

Red Sox streaking, but so are the Blue Jays. Toronto can mash & if their pitching holds up they could stay in the race all year long...

Edited by paul carruthers

Anyone remember when Miguel Cabrera was hitting under .300 and people were worried about him? Seems kind of foolish now....

Red Sox streaking, but so are the Blue Jays. Toronto can mash & if their pitching holds up they could stay in the race all year long...

They are still behind us the Red Sox and I am planning to keep it that way. Johan Santana must be have a deal by tomorrow. Cruz X rays negative, should be ready Tues. Next stop Texas. This is very early. Two weeks ago you wanted to crown the Tigers. Look how they have tailed off.

^^ Are the O's serious about trying to bring Johan Santana back to the majors? Talk about a reclamation project...

Yes, the Tigers have been scuffling a bit, but as I've said before, who doesn't scuffle during a long 162 game season. I still think the Tigers will be in the big dance come October....

Edited by paul carruthers

^^ Are the O's serious about trying to bring Johan Santana back to the majors? Talk about a reclamation project...

Yes, the Tigers have been scuffling a bit, but as I've said before, who doesn't scuffle during a long 162 game season. I still think the Tigers will be in the big dance come October....

Its possible due to their starting pitching. But they are no lock. A long shot sleeper, The White Sox. I am impressed with what they have done. They have Sale. Not the worst stab.

Its a suprise the Giants are in first. Do you think the Dodgers run them down?

Edited by LedZeppfan77