2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

All I know is, if I was a Tigers fan, I would be scared shitless of the idea of turning to Joe Nathan in the 9th inning in a high pressure situation--which is what the playoffs are. But for how many years have we had questions about Detroit's bullpen--seems like it's been the burning question for the past 3 years...

The Angels walked off last night--did that save your bet Rick?

No they fucked me again. Had them minus a run. We will try and sweep the Cards Detroit has jumped on Toronto early. Cleveland scored a run in the first vs Yanees who come in tomorrow. They seem to be talking Wild Card a bit more on the Yankee station these days. They put up the WC standings first. I think they are starting to realize its going to be difficult to catch us. As long as we continue to play like we are, we should get it done. I do not know where they stand with Tanaka? I have lost faith in the Angels. I like the Twins today in an upset if Millone pitches. But Hughes is still listed. I will get a no bet if I take Hughes and then Millone goes.

Tough to sweep anyone. St Louis has two runs in and still batting top of first. I just heard Gonzalez may pitch for Norfolk in two days and they are in Buffalo. An hour up the thruway from me. I do not know why the minor league assignment

Maybe they should have sent Gausman down. I am glad he will not see Yankees. Bases loaded, 2-0.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

A lot of ducks on the pond for Baltimore, but only 1 run to show for it. As you often say Rick, it's tough to sweep--and I'm wondering how long Buck is going to stick with Guasman; is this one of those games where you leave your starter in and let him wear an whoopin' to save your pen?

Crazy game. I guess EBK its all your fault. LOL. Davis actually its his fault. Strikes out twice with bases loaded. But how can you criticize him because he does far more good than bad? Yankees are losing big and Toronto has come back but is running out of time to beat the Tigers. KC on fire and that may have woken Detroit up. They just cant seem to beat Detroit head up? But I am not sure when or if they meet again. We get the Yankees coming in with all our best pitchers ready. And they have not scored a run in two games so far. We are still alive here but McFarland must get us out of this jam. Bases loaded with two outs due to an infield hit that Schoop tryied to bare hand. O's never out with their offense. But I do not want them to increase this. They are out. Jones just caught it. O's coming to bat

Two on and nobody out again. Lynn has to run out of luck soon

Markakis 4/4 and Birds have inning alive.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Tough to sweep a team especially when you beat them up. I do not like Russel bringing Zach in in this situaation with the Yankees in town tomorrow, a far more important game. They should have put Hunter in and saved Zach. And he is still in? I do not think Buck will like this. But as he is tossed he has no say. The good news is the Yankees lost. Not sure if Toronto is going to win after coming back from 5-0 and going to extra innings. The Tigers blow this they will regret it as KC is up again

Do make note of this. THE ORIOLES HAVE NOT LOST CONSECUTIVE GAMES SINCE LATE JUNE. Bigger fish to fry tomorrow. Nice series King

Edited by LedZeppfan77

I haven't seen the highlights yet--what in the blue hell happened to the Tigers? Did Nathan blow another save?

I am afraid to go check the score again. It was 5-5 in the 12th last check. Yes they blew the fucking save. Dumb idiots. KC is only a half game back if they lose. A HALF!!!! The sweat has to be pouring off Bongman as he lights his umteenth bowl of the day. I hope he has some good shit

^^ Heh, I just checked the boxscore and Joe Nathan was not in the game. Apparently, Joba Chamberlain was the man who screwed the pooch for Detroit. Poor Bong-Man, indeed...

Ha. And its STILL 5-5 after 13. I want the Tigers to win also to keep them 6 back with the Yankees. The O's have not lost consecutive games since late June. I am not sure the Yankees have lost 3 straight? Something has to give tomorrow. But I tell you, if I was the manager and a playoff series were to start, I may go with Norris to kick it off for us. He has been fabulous and really into his game. I think we have a big edge in pitching tomorrow and an edge with Chen, but I will admit the rookie Greene has been good. Still, he has to walk into a snake pit at Oriole park against the best team he has faced. They asked him the other day "when did you know or think you belonged in the majors?" He said, when I played Baltimore. So that was a compliment and he kind of showed his cards that he will be a bit on edge Tuesday. I guess it will depend on how game one goes? I hope the Yankees continue their futility at the plate. And the Orioles continue to kill the ball. Hardy was out with a thumb sprain. Game time decision. Damn I hope he is ok tomorrow. We lose a ton of offense with him out. And Joseph pitched two days in a row so Hundley will go tomorrow no doubt. Joseph is the better catcher in place of Wieters. Next year no doubt Joseph will back up Matt and Hundley should land a starting job somewhere. He had 3 hits on the big night vs Cards. Joseph had homered in 5 st games. That was snapped today as well. Not our day. But sitting 17 games over 500 I cannot complain. Buck gave the fans their money's worth when he was ejected. I am happy he yelled at those dick head umps. That fucking umpire does not know the strike zone from the fucking Twilight Zone.

DID I CALL THAT TWINS GAME OR WHAT?

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Tigers bring in Porcello the starter and they escape the 17th and the bases juiced and go to the 18th inning!!!! Unreal. My money is down on Kng Felix tomorrow night already. Are you kidding me? Toronto has to get on a plane to Seattle 3000 miles to the West after this fucking marathon. They are going to be jet lagged and tired as hell.

Cabrera takes them to warning track but its caught. Come on Victor. Hit one in the cheap seats

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Tough to sweep a team especially when you beat them up. I do not like Russel bringing Zach in in this situaation with the Yankees in town tomorrow, a far more important game. They should have put Hunter in and saved Zach. And he is still in? I do not think Buck will like this. But as he is tossed he has no say. The good news is the Yankees lost. Not sure if Toronto is going to win after coming back from 5-0 and going to extra innings. The Tigers blow this they will regret it as KC is up again

Do make note of this. THE ORIOLES HAVE NOT LOST CONSECUTIVE GAMES SINCE LATE JUNE. Bigger fish to fry tomorrow. Nice series King

Yes it was a good series. More for Baltimore, of course. Like I said before, I do not know that much about the Orioles and their players but I do say that I do respect them more now because I was thinking/hoping that the Cardinals would have taken them 2-1 instead of 1-2.

You may say that the Dodgers are the more dominant team in the National League but just last year the Cardinals defeated the Pirates and the Dodgers to make it to the big Game(s). I feel confident that the same can happen again this year. Only time will tell. Like someone else said about the Cardinals: Never count them out until They are really out.

GO CARDINALS!!!

Couldn't score a run for 15 innings....but am I worried ? Nah. Tigers have a rough August schedule, but the Central will be determined in September. I really thought the Blue Jays were the best team in the East when we played them in June....but then again it's fun to just ruffle Rick's feathers a bit. Still a long way to go...

Yes it was a good series. More for Baltimore, of course. Like I said before, I do not know that much about the Orioles and their players but I do say that I do respect them more now because I was thinking/hoping that the Cardinals would have taken them 2-1 instead of 1-2.

You may say that the Dodgers are the more dominant team in the National League but just last year the Cardinals defeated the Pirates and the Dodgers to make it to the big Game(s). I feel confident that the same can happen again this year. Only time will tell. Like someone else said about the Cardinals: Never count them out until They are really out.

GO CARDINALS!!!

Beating Kershaw is the problem my man. He is the most dominating pitcher in baseball right now and if the Dodgers get two runs with him pitching its lights out. Kershaw gives them an edge. Lynn was all over the place yesterday and only /Chris Davis's miserable day at the plate saved your boys from a sweep. He struck out twice with the bases juiced and that cannot continue. I watched the end of the Tigers game and was flipping to it. How the hell do they let the BLUE Jays wear red? Stupid. Fucking Blue Jays are not red, Cardinals are red. I have them both at my feeder so I know. You think I could get an Oriole to show up? My buddy gets them to come with grape jam. I do not want bees. Back to baseball, how nice of you to show up Bonger. Your boys are damn worried whether you are or not. And they have good reason to be. Go look at the schedule. Its brutal. Your big bad pitching staff may be watching the playoffs. You honetly believe Toronto is as good as Baltimore? No way. We have 5 gold glovers, and lead the league in HRS and top 3 bullpen, and lately the best. The only team that scared me, past tense, was the Anglels. They may again if they fix their starting rotation.

I hear Miguel Gonzalez may be pitching a rehab game for Norfolk. They are in Buffalo tomorrow night. An hour up the thruway.; Damn. Not a bad place to see a game. The old Dunn tire park. Home of the Buffalo Bisons who change affiliates more than I change my underwear. A restaurant called Pedibone's is connected to the upper stands. And its two blocks from where the Sabres play hockey.

The Yankees announcers said this series will determine whether they are playing for the division or a wild card.. I say next year

Back to baseball, how nice of you to show up Bonger. Your boys are damn worried whether you are or not. And they have good reason to be. Go look at the schedule. Its brutal. Your big bad pitching staff may be watching the playoffs.

Yep, it's brutal. But we've also lost and gained a 7 game lead in September in the last few years. We also only won the division last year by a game, so I'm not looking to run away with anything. You shouldn't be either....strange things happen in September. We'll see if Verlander can suck it up and give some innings tonite...if we aren't rained out.

Yep, it's brutal. But we've also lost and gained a 7 game lead in September in the last few years. We also only won the division last year by a game, so I'm not looking to run away with anything. You shouldn't be either....strange things happen in September. We'll see if Verlander can suck it up and give some innings tonite...if we aren't rained out.

You catch a break as Pittsburgh will be without McCutcheon. I think Detroit is capable of sweeping the over rated Pirates. Then it gets tough. KC gets no breaks. Oakland in town. And talk about a turn around game, how about Toronto having to go 3000 miles west after that 19 inning marathon and go against the King. And Seattle needs to win every game they can with KC and teams like the Yankees fighting them.

I have to watch on the Yankees network. Sucks. Anyway, can you believe the Yankees announcers said to win the division the Yankees will have to beat the Orioles 8 of final 10 meetings. I do not think so. They had best concentrate on the wild card. And they said they must get their bats going and keep up with Baltimore's hitting. Easier said than done. Elsbury is all they really have. Uh oh, looks like it could rain

Yankees network reports a right knee sprain. So not the knee that was operated on. Said they will re examine tomorrow. A knee sprain should not be season ending by any means

Yankees network reports a right knee sprain. So not the knee that was operated on. Said they will re examine tomorrow. A knee sprain should not be season ending by any means

Sure hope not. And the day after JJ hurt his thumb.

Sorry you have to watch the yankee feed... blech.