2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Seattle, Indians, Tigers, all in the race and all getting shallacked. Very strange. Shocking score in Toronto. Not surprised my O's are down. Walker playing first? They are not real serious about catching Anaheim I guess. I expect Oakland to come out guns a blazing tonight. I say its a must win for them. That pitcher from the Cubs has been good but has bad no run support. Tonight I expect an effort. Congrats to your pitcher King as it looks like he is going to get 20 wins. Not easy in this day and age

There goes your big lead Bonger. One game. Time to start sweating

Edited by LedZeppfan77

I think the fat lady might be singing for Seattle. Getting their ass stomped by the Blue Jays--you might as well book Oakland and the 2nd place team from the AL Central for the postseason...

I am not so sure. The 3000 mile trip may have played into this. The King goes tomorrow and I would expect a far different result. But I do hope you are right in a way, because I would love to get the A's. But we likely would have to catch the Angels for that to occur. I will hope KC beats Detroit out for the division. If that happens we would get KC. Assuming we cant catch Anaheim. I am hoping Oakland wins tonight to keep them in reach

I am not going to read the long winded propoganda machine above that resembles something from Nazi Germany. Your boy Wainright might win his 20th and I commend him. Your Cards are overated. And you will see why in the playoffs

OMG now he is comparing the Cardinals to Led Zeppelin. That is going way too far. you really think they are comparable?

As for the Orioles they have a pretty proud history and they do not play in a dick division like your team. We kicked the shit out of you a month ago. Baltimore is far better than ST Louis. What a joke. AL East is far better than your NL Central

I resent my post being compared to Dr. Joseph Goebbels, the Nazi Minister of Propaganda during the Third Reich (1933-1945). Are you really serious? Joseph Goebbels was a Master of Words, however hateful or Evil those words were. (Goebbels ended up poisoning his 6 children and then had someone who was in the Fuhrer bunker shoot him and his wife in the back of the head(s) as they were walking down a flight of stairs).

Does that really sound like Me?

Regardless, what I speak of his Truth and Fact, not Propaganda. The Saint Louis Cardinals have been in the Post-Season 11 times in the past 15 years. If this is true and accurate, how is it propaganda?

Your Orioles have been in the post-season only 3 times in the past 17 years. Again, actual fact and not propaganda or Goebbelesque. How do you explain or justify the Orioles as being the better overall team since the year 2000?

11 out of 15 (Cardinals) or 3 out of 17 (Orioles) post -season appearances. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

I could not care less if the Orioles beat the Cardinals 2 games out of 3 a month or so ago. If that is how you want to gauge your Orioles against the Cardinals, fine with Me. I will stick to the facts. And that is the Saint Louis Cardinals are and have been the Most Dominant Team in the National League for many past years and many years to come.

The Orioles have a decent shot at being the American League Champions this year, but their recent history (and I mean recent as in the past 10 years), does not do them any favors, in My limited opinion.

All I am saying is that I hope that you do not get your hopes up as much as My hopes are up. If history is again a factor this year, the Orioles are one and done, while the Cardinals will beat all the teams they face, regardless of records, pitchers or whatever.

Who knows, maybe the Cardinals and Orioles will play each other this year. Maybe not. Regardless of this post-season outcome, I will always be a proud and staunch fan of the Saint Louis Cardinals Baseball Organization. A World Class Outfit that will always be Serious Contenders for the Ultimate Crown.

For the record, your posts and tones of your posts are far more "Fascists" then any of my posts. If We are going to go back and forth about history, your posts about the orioles and how great they are, remind me of another famous historical figure.

If you think that I am like Joseph Goebbels (a Master of Propaganda) then you seem like a inept Joseph Stalin, a brutal Dictator who says and wants his own people to follow and believe, however wrong you are. I would say that that is fair enough comparison.

Don't Fuck with Me when it comes down to MY Knowledge of History.

...signed KingZoso (9/23/2014) and not the long dead Dr. Joseph Goebbels...

Edited by kingzoso

Angels and the O's have dropped 2 straight and with only about 6 or 7 games left, I'm guessing the O's won't catch the Angels for the best record. Not sure yet what that means as far as postseason matchups--who will be facing who in the first round and all of that. I'm guessing Rick would want the winner of the one game playoff, whoever that may be--do I assume correctly?

Angels and the O's have dropped 2 straight and with only about 6 or 7 games left, I'm guessing the O's won't catch the Angels for the best record. Not sure yet what that means as far as postseason matchups--who will be facing who in the first round and all of that. I'm guessing Rick would want the winner of the one game playoff, whoever that may be--do I assume correctly?

Buck seems more concerned with making sure his guys are healthy. Pearce was kept out again with a hand ache and Markakis just returned. But he is sitting a couple starters a night. If we do not catch the Angels we get the winner of the Central. I thought the Tigers for sure but now KC is right on their heels. Only one back so its either Detroit or KC. The Angels will get either Oakland, or Seattle or the loser of the AL Central, either Detroit or KC. If I were Buck I would make one last shot at catching them. If we tie them we win. We beat them head up. So its worth going for IMO> Though I must say, if I could play anyone, my first choice would be KC. I do not think KC could beat us. Of course if Oakland can regain some of their previous good play, the Angels may not want them. If we do get the Tigers, their strength is thier starting pitching. We have a deeper lineup as far as guys that can hit the ball deep. If it goes to the bullpens, huge advantage for us. I am going to go see who KC and Detroit have left. Teams like the White Sox and Astros are being a real pain in the ass. And the Blue Jays vs Seattle. That score last night was a shocker

Detroit is at the White Sox and Minny and the Royals are at the White Sox and Cleveland (Cleveland now). Pretty even.

I just read the rubbish the King of bullshit posted above. Saying we are going to be one and done and his Cardinals will beat anyone. Ok wise guy. You go beat Kershaw. I want to see that. And as for us our playoff history is actually very good. When we get there, with the exception of 97 and two years ago as a wild card, we win. When we win the division, I do not believe we have ever lost a series to a western team or Central. Only East. We hit over 200 home runs and beat the daylights out of St Louis head up. You are so full of it. Yes you do sound like a Nazi spin machine

Edited by LedZeppfan77

It's all over for Seattle. The King was cruising along until the bottom of the 5th--gave up an upper deck shot to some rookie I never heard of until tonight, then the bases were loaded and Felix walked in a run & just gave up a hit as I type. Bases still loaded with 1 out...

Shocking how bad they have folded. Orioles playing a good one but we are out hitting them 15-5 and now the lead is only 5-4. One inning to go. 3 outs to go to send these bitch ass's packing.

Shocking how bad they have folded. Orioles playing a good one but we are out hitting them 15-5 and now the lead is only 5-4. One inning to go. 3 outs to go to send these bitch ass's packing.

That worked out. :) Remember, it's a day game tomorrow.

And honestly, I'm not that keen on catching the Angels. It works out better for me to attend the games if they start in Anaheim. And...it's all about me :D

That worked out. :) Remember, it's a day game tomorrow.

And honestly, I'm not that keen on catching the Angels. It works out better for me to attend the games if they start in Anaheim. And...it's all about me :D

. Not so sure I agree Esther unless KC wins central and that could happen. On another topic I bet the Cubbies over those wretched red birds. But I do love my real Cardinal that comes to my feeder. He had not come in 4 nights and had me worried. I put out sunflower seeds and he returned tonight. Love the birds but not the team since King spin a lot showed up. He puts Rumpelstiltskin to shame

. Not so sure I agree Esther unless KC wins central and that could happen. On another topic I bet the Cubbies over those wretched red birds. But I do love my real Cardinal that comes to my feeder. He had not come in 4 nights and had me worried. I put out sunflower seeds and he returned tonight. Love the birds but not the team since King spin a lot showed up. He puts Rumpelstiltskin to shame

That is totally cool with Me. It takes a very lot to anger Me, especially by people that I have not and will not ever meet in person. With that being said, I actually enjoy when people who read what I post actually get angry or mad just from some words I type on a computer screen. I am not in the normal habit of doing this because I am, in person, one of the easiest going persons you could ever meet. But a lot of people on this forum seem to be stuffy, ignorant, narrow-minded, jaded, and so full of themselves to the point that they cannot or will not even concede a point or opinion, even if they agree with that point or opinion.

By the way, wasn't Rasputin Russian and Goebbels German (with a club foot)?

Pirates clinch a postseason birth & are in position to host the Wild Card game as it stands right now. With 5 games left to go, it would appear the playoff picture is all but set in the NL--still a lot to be decided in the AL, although I think the only drama in the American League is who will win the Central. Smart money is probably on Detroit...

I might have to start drinking again if this keeps up. Thank-you Miggy !

KC does not appear to be going away. So get out the drinks. As for the King above, he does not know who Rumpelstiltskin was? Figures. I think Arrieta will beat the Cardiinals today. Just a hunch. Ill go back to the well with the Cubbies who I have no doubt will win the Central next year. Rizzo is a kid to really watch. Great young player. Baltimore played like they did all year yesterday and put the brakes on the Yankees hopes. I would love nothing more than to eliminate the Yankees officially ourselves. And if the Yankees lose one more, they are finished. Of course that is for a wild card. Now to catch those Angels. Need Oakland to beat them tonight.

Well the NL one off game seem to be set. It should be SF at Pittsburgh. Who do you like? That Bumgardner hit a HR last night vs the Dodgers. That pitcher can hit. They did lose one of if not their best offensive player for the season though. I think it could be one heck of a game. Toss up. If Seattle does not wake up fast, its going to be Oakland vs the loser of the Central division race. I do believe either KC or the Tigers have a big shot to beat Oakland. But we know it will be Lester. So that gives them a big shot. But not unbeatable like a Kershaw. If the NLCS opened today between the Dodgers and Nationals, it would be in Wash. Kershaw will have to beat them in their own yard. Cardinals would go to LA right now. Pitt or SF at Wash. Like Washington in that one. The AL is more confusing. KC and Detroit may go to the last day. I am not sure if they were tied if they play a one game playoff for the division or if its based on head up?

Buck is showing no interest in winning these games. I understand him sitting Pearce again to rest his hand. But putting lough in left field for De Aza? I used De Aza in my streak on MLB and the bases were loaded with Lough up. You can guess the result. Fucking BS. I hope Sale beats the Tigers. Just KO's Cabrera.

I was just coming over to soothe your mind, Rick :) It seems to be going well...

And the reason I'm okay with not catching the Angels is because if we do, I'll have to miss game 1 of the ALCS since I'll be flying home from Chicago. So really, it's all about my convenience :D

I'm watching the White Sox/Tigers game--Verlander vs. Sale living up to the hype so far, although Justin now has 2 men on with 2 out...

Yanks on the verge of officially being eliminated... whoo.gif

9-3 Orioles. If we could get the A's to beat the Angels today we could cut it to 1 1/2. Come on Lester