Scarlet Page/Teenage Cancer Trust Exhibition at RAH, London

1973fan

http://www.scarletpage.com/section730610_277497.html

Resonators

by Scarlet Page
The Resonators are the guitarists who created the sound we call rock. And they are the subjects of photographer Scarlet Page’s latest project.
It is an epic collection of revealing portraits featuring a host of names and faces including Slash, Sir Paul McCartney, Brian May, Paul Weller, Wilko Johnson and guitarists from bands like Oasis, Blur, The Eagles, Sex Pistols, The Stone Roses…the list rolls on. And, at the time of writing, it is still growing.
The great cause is Teenage Cancer Trust, a charity that has strong links with the music industry and that Scarlet herself feels passionately about.
The exhibition will be shown first at the Royal Albert Hall to coincide with a series of high profile concerts raising funds for the Teenage Cancer Trust from 24th March - 24th April 2014. Prints signed by Scarlet and the featured guitarists will be auctioned on ebay and limited edition prints will be available.

try www.scarletpage.com and the bit about the RAH exhibition is covered in the links on the left hand side of the page under 'resonators'.

Sounds interesting

I wasn't able to open your link, there are some of the pics on her facebook page,

• 3 weeks later...

Only four hours to go on the Ebay auction for the signed portraits. The bidding for Jimmy's photo is standing at £1,600 (at 1600hrs UK time), way ahead of the rest, with Macca 'only' at £900. Evidence surely of Jimmy's stature in the eyes of the fans.

Above, in post #5 by scylla, who is the man, to the left of Sir Paul McCartney in the image/collage?

Thank you for enlightening me!

Edit: Is that Joe Walsh?

Edit II: NOPE, it's not. It is Steve Jones, Scarlet speaks of the photo in the interview mentioned by scylla otherwise I would've never guessed.

Scarlet was interviewed on BBC Radio about the exhibition, and also about her Dad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03ywpkq

I guess that I'm too late, as always... There's an error on that page in the flash player that reads, "Sorry, this episode is not currently available on BBC iPlayer Radio." But all is not lost! Some good soul captured the interview and posted it to youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqbrAQUsuCo

Saw the show this evening and how strikingly different, and so very arresting, these portraits are ! Superb work and wish Scarlet well with the future exhibitions.

One of her portraits had those eyes which appear to follow you around at whatever angle you walk past the portrait ... I think you can guess which one ! ( and I am NOT exaggerating.. )

That issue aside .. the Jimmy portrait is absolutely stunning. Scarlet was on radio 4 this evening as the above post notes.. and last month on 6 music. But as I remember, the best reference to her photography of JP was in the Sunday Times piece: she talks about finding the balance between a family photo and a rockstar photo. She has really caught that ..

And in the process has captured one of the most intimate photos of JP in existence, in any era. That's in my opinion: so impressed by the way she has used light, colour and relative focus.

What a talent - good for her !

Saw the show this evening and how strikingly different, and so very arresting, these portraits are ! Superb work and wish Scarlet well with the future exhibitions.

One of her portraits had those eyes which appear to follow you around at whatever angle you walk past the portrait ... I think you can guess which one ! ( and I am NOT exaggerating.. )

That issue aside .. the Jimmy portrait is absolutely stunning. Scarlet was on radio 4 this evening as the above post notes.. and last month on 6 music. But as I remember, the best reference to her photography of JP was in the Sunday Times piece: she talks about finding the balance between a family photo and a rockstar photo. She has really caught that ..

And in the process has captured one of the most intimate photos of JP in existence, in any era. That's in my opinion: so impressed by the way she has used light, colour and relative focus.

What a talent - good for her !

....T&B thank you for the report, you are always so kind to bring back fascinating details for us... Jimmy's eyes are his strongest feature, as I see his lifelong photos, Scarlett has focused on his eyes and the entire photograph revolves around that charm......

">http://http://s642.photobucket.com/user/planetPage_bucket/media/Jimmyblackwhiteportrait_zps74dad1c6.jpg.html'>Jimmyblackwhiteportrait_zps74dad1c6.jpg

I also wonder if Jimmy's Resonators portrait was photographed at Royal Albert Hall, as it resembles the colors of Royal Albert Hall, and appox. time period...

It is I think Scarlett's most popular work....

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I do believe the limited Edition book Resonators is now available to purchase at Red Giant Publishing. Possibly even the limited deluxe editons (qty 300) which include some nice 8 X 10 prints are still available. I just found out about today and have not completed a purchase as yet, so I cannot verify this, but if you are interested please check it out, as I would think the Deluxe will sell out fast. Great art for a good cause!! Now I would like to see the exhibition touring--but didn't see anything in the States.

Archived