Well, there have been many rumours and many people have said they've seen cameramen during the show.

Are these rumours true? Hope so. This is Led Zeppelin's prime, plus they all looked awesome with the big beards, and Plant had a spectacular voice.

I just want to myth-bust it, find out the truth.

People throw around the word hoarded... and that bothers me... why would somebody hoard something that could bring joy and vision to so many people... and yes i know its so bootleg companies won't get them or the longer they hoard the higher the asking price etc. I'm not naive... just expressing how much this bothers me... these are historical artifacts... in the hands of experts can be cleaned up and improved... and on and on and on and on...

Well, there have been many rumours and many people have said they've seen cameramen during the show.

Are these rumours true? Hope so. This is Led Zeppelin's prime, plus they all looked awesome with the big beards, and Plant had a spectacular voice.

I just want to myth-bust it, find out the truth.

Nah more than likely not. I think Claude Nobs mentioned a few years back about this, but as usual it was just hearsay. There was also "definite" footage of a Central Park 69 show which never saw the light of day even though there is an audio boot of the show and the guy who had the footage said it was a matter of syncing the audio. File under " we wish"

Because some people are selfish and feel entitled. I'm sure there are others out there - Zurich '80 is an example that I have heard about - but people choose to hold them as an investment and something that makes them feel more important in the world of Zeppelin collectables. Just my $.02.

Nah more than likely not. I think Claude Nobs mentioned a few years back about this, but as usual it was just hearsay. There was also "definite" footage of a Central Park 69 show which never saw the light of day even though there is an audio boot of the show and the guy who had the footage said it was a matter of syncing the audio. File under " we wish"

I think that the "Central Park was proshot" thing can be true, but making it into a DVD with the permission of Jimmy Page is bogus! Jimmy Page only preferred multitrack recordings, and as far as I can tell, Central Park was not multitracked, therefore the idea of Jimmy allowing a DVD release without proper multitrack recordings of that show doesn't really fit his character. And besides, wasn't that statement made like 4 or 5 years ago, it's been a long time. Doubt they ever did anything.

Archived