FATHER'S DAY BATTLE: Godfather vs. James Bond

Strider

It is Father's Day this Sunday (at least for us Americans), so enjoy the time with your dads and you dads enjoy the time with your family.

215px-Godfather_ver1.jpg220px-Godfather_part_ii.jpg

The American Cinematheque has created quite a Father's Day conundrum and I thought it would be interesting and fun to see how the Forum members would vote. You see, at their Hollywood theatre the Cinematheque is showing the first two Godfather movies for Father's Day, while at the Santa Monica location, they are screening the first two James Bond films, "Dr. No" and "Goldfinger".

1462c98d932e9fee0e88c2104a6a78bd.jpggoldfinger_poster.jpg

So if you had to choose, which would you (or your father) rather see: Godfather or James Bond?

I'd go with the two Bond movies. More fun. Maybe because I've been watching a lot of "Get Smart" reruns lately..

Yeah, the Bond films are definitely more fun, light-hearted. Re "Get Smart"...love Barbara Feldon!

Hey Strider, they're showing the first and third Bond films! ;)

I'm very fond of the Bond films, but my favourites are From Russia With Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service & The Spy Who Loved Me.

Even if they were showing 2 of those 3, they don't come close to the perfection of the first two Godfather films.

On that Star Wars Vs The Godfather thread, I think I answered Star Wars from a nostalgic point of view. Having seen The Godfather parts 1 and 2 again since then, I think I'd have to reconsider.

Hey Strider, they're showing the first and third Bond films! ;)

I'm very fond of the Bond films, but my favourites are From Russia With Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service & The Spy Who Loved Me.

Even if they were showing 2 of those 3, they don't come close to the perfection of the first two Godfather films.

On that Star Wars Vs The Godfather thread, I think I answered Star Wars from a nostalgic point of view. Having seen The Godfather parts 1 and 2 again since then, I think I'd have to reconsider.

Star Wars is another story, I might pick that one over the Godfather.

Archived