MLB All Star Game 2014

LedZeppfan77

Well I voted and did it all 35 times and afterwards if you voted you notice MLB.com gives you a chance to pick the ACTUAL LINEUP YOU BELIEVE WILL BE SELECTED. I got ONLY ONE WRONG!!!! And I am mad. I picked Abreau at first and Cabrera got it. That is BS. Jeter of course got it on his history and his exit. I believed that Manny Machado should be the reserve as he is the best 3rd baseman in baseball. He missed alolt of games and of course made some enemies with the bat toss. Expect him to make many more with his superior play on the left side of the diamond. He has a rifle and nobody is better.

How can you justiffy Cabrera over Abreau? There goes my chance at the fucking sweepstakes. And on the NL side, what is up with the snub of the Washington Nationals and Utley getting in? That is horse shit. Rendon should have made it. You wonder how these guys get pissed. I also believe Nick Markakis deserved to be an alternate. Matt Wieters won going away as catcher even though he is out for the season and now Encarcion may be out for a long period for the jays. What are all of your thoughts and predictions on the game.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24609463/2014-mlb-all-star-game-full-al-and-nl-rosters

Now I know this is rigged. Sale of the White Sox is not on the pitching list? How can that be?

Not that you care for Me or My Team, the Saint Louis Cardinals, but the Redbirds have 4 players that will be present in this years MLB All-Star Game:

Yadier Molina: Starting Catcher along with Ace pitcher Adam Wainwright, followed with Matt Carpenter and Pat Neshek.

And do not forget that last years National League Champions Manager, Mike Matheny, will be the Head Coach and representing the National League.

Regardless of and if the National League wins or loses this Game, I still believe in My Heart and Mind that the Saint Louis Cardinals will make a significant Play for the NL Pennant and possibly the World Series Crown.

If current history and past history is any factor, the Cardinals have a much better chance of winning the World Series then the Baltimore Orioles. (Take that however you will, but can you possibly come up with and present a better argument? I am sure you can delude yourself and present many varying opinions but are you that confident that the Orioles will make it to the WS as much as I am confident that the Cardinals can RETURN to the BIG SHOW? They have made it to the SHOW 4 Times in the past 10 years. When was the last time Baltimore made it THAT far and Won the Crown?)

The real and actual answer is: 31 years ago. I was just a 12 year old kid way back then. You were probably a middle aged man at that time and basking in the Maryland Glory, for that year/season. That is now Ironic because I am now basking in the Glory of the Cardinals Achievements and now I am a middle aged Man (if you consider 43 to be middle-aged). I know that I do not need surgeries or hip-replacement or canes and walkers to make Me mobile.

Please retort with your Snide and Ignorant replies: I honestly look forward to your snarky and sarcastic posts. The more ignorant and stupid the better. Let everyone who follows this topic see and read how ignorant and Petty you can be. Most of US are already used to your pointless diatribes.

Please Make Me Laugh and tell Everyone that the orioles are going to win the 2014 World Series....

Not that you care for Me or My Team, the Saint Louis Cardinals, but the Redbirds have 4 players that will be present in this years MLB All-Star Game:

Yadier Molina: Starting Catcher along with Ace pitcher Adam Wainwright, followed with Matt Carpenter and Pat Neshek.

And do not forget that last years National League Champions Manager, Mike Matheny, will be the Head Coach and representing the National League.

Regardless of and if the National League wins or loses this Game, I still believe in My Heart and Mind that the Saint Louis Cardinals will make a significant Play for the NL Pennant and possibly the World Series Crown.

If current history and past history is any factor, the Cardinals have a much better chance of winning the World Series then the Baltimore Orioles. (Take that however you will, but can you possibly come up with and present a better argument? I am sure you can delude yourself and present many varying opinions but are you that confident that the Orioles will make it to the WS as much as I am confident that the Cardinals can RETURN to the BIG SHOW? They have made it to the SHOW 4 Times in the past 10 years. When was the last time Baltimore made it THAT far and Won the Crown?)

The real and actual answer is: 31 years ago. I was just a 12 year old kid way back then. You were probably a middle aged man at that time and basking in the Maryland Glory, for that year/season. That is now Ironic because I am now basking in the Glory of the Cardinals Achievements and now I am a middle aged Man (if you consider 43 to be middle-aged). I know that I do not need surgeries or hip-replacement or canes and walkers to make Me mobile.

Please retort with your Snide and Ignorant replies: I honestly look forward to your snarky and sarcastic posts. The more ignorant and stupid the better. Let everyone who follows this topic see and read how ignorant and Petty you can be. Most of US are already used to your pointless diatribes.

Please Make Me Laugh and tell Everyone that the orioles are going to win the 2014 World Series....

You know I do not know where this is coming from. I have nothing against the St Louis Cardinals. I do not hate them like I hate the Yankees. And now Boston a bit. They have always been a good team. I do not think they are as good as the Dodgers or the Washington team we must play tonight. They have had great teams, especially under Whitey. They may very well win that wide open division. I am personally picking Cincy to pull it out. I think the Pirates are overated. I even bet the Cards to win tonight. On a parlay. As for the All Star team, I do believe Washington got snubbed. And in the AL, God how can Sale not be on that team? That is such an injustice. I know they have it in for the White Sox but that is just crazy. You Cardinals also benefit from having the dumbest team in history in your division the Cubs They just plain suck because every time they start to get better they trade away the guys that make them better. This Cardinals vs Orioles things you have in your mind is crazy. They rarely ever meet. But they do meet this year later on. I hope Tillman is pitching in that series so you face one of our best.

You know, I filled out my All Star ballot back in May I believe, but for the life of me, I can't remember who all I voted for. They say the mind is the first thing to go. It will be interesting to see who gets the start for the AL, King Felix or Tanaka....

You know, I filled out my All Star ballot back in May I believe, but for the life of me, I can't remember who all I voted for. They say the mind is the first thing to go. It will be interesting to see who gets the start for the AL, King Felix or Tanaka....

I just went back to MLB.com and I recommend all of you do this. But I did it until my fingers fell off and I could not do it any more. I do not know how many votes they allow but a ton. You can vote for the last position. One in the AL and one NL. I voted for Chris Sale. An injustice him not being on. You have about 5 choices on each side. I was torn in the NL but went with the kid from the Nationals Renden, and we play them tonight. Tillman vs Strasburg. Yikes. You know Buck was going to use Davis next yesterday!!! To pitch!!! Brach, was sensational

You know I do not know where this is coming from. I have nothing against the St Louis Cardinals. I do not hate them like I hate the Yankees. And now Boston a bit. They have always been a good team. I do not think they are as good as the Dodgers or the Washington team we must play tonight. They have had great teams, especially under Whitey. They may very well win that wide open division. I am personally picking Cincy to pull it out. I think the Pirates are overated. I even bet the Cards to win tonight. On a parlay. As for the All Star team, I do believe Washington got snubbed. And in the AL, God how can Sale not be on that team? That is such an injustice. I know they have it in for the White Sox but that is just crazy. You Cardinals also benefit from having the dumbest team in history in your division the Cubs They just plain suck because every time they start to get better they trade away the guys that make them better. This Cardinals vs Orioles things you have in your mind is crazy. They rarely ever meet. But they do meet this year later on. I hope Tillman is pitching in that series so you face one of our best.

You know what? I am sorry!!! Let me just say that I wish you and your Orioles all the best for this season. I will definitely be looking forward to the rare matchup between the Saint Louis Cardinals and the Baltimore Orioles. I know that at the moment the Cardinals are a few games behind the Brewers but in the past few years the Cardinals really seem to make a nice run leading up the end of the season and seem to make the playoffs more often than not.

As I type this, Matt Adams just hit a two run homerun in the bottom of the 9th to win the game against the Pittsburgh Pirates. That puts the Cardinals back in second place.

Peace!!!

You know what? I am sorry!!! Let me just say that I wish you and your Orioles all the best for this season. I will definitely be looking forward to the rare matchup between the Saint Louis Cardinals and the Baltimore Orioles. I know that at the moment the Cardinals are a few games behind the Brewers but in the past few years the Cardinals really seem to make a nice run leading up the end of the season and seem to make the playoffs more often than not.

As I type this, Matt Adams just hit a two run homerun in the bottom of the 9th to win the game against the Pittsburgh Pirates. That puts the Cardinals back in second place.

Peace!!!

All is fine. I know St Louis is a powerhouse team most years. They are still good this year. But probably not good enough to beat Wash or the Dodgers? We will see. But they may be good enough to catch Milsquakee who is just falling apart. Losing to the pathetic Phillies again is not getting them the Central. So this is St Louis chance. Pittsburgh beat them last night but its only a game. I do not think the Pirates are that good either and of course I cannot stand the Pirates for good reason.

Oh king, sorry to see you lost your catcher Molina. That sucks. We lost ours too for the year. Matt Wieters. Not sure when our tearms meet. Will have to look it up. I think we must play the Cubs too. I think we played the Pirates already. Reds would be a rematch of the "Brooks Robinson" series, my favorite when the late great Dave McNally hit a grand slam. Yes the pitcher. And what a pitcher he was.

I watch the HR Derby. We went to the All-Star Game and the Derby when it was in Houston (2004?) and it was way more fun than I thought it would be. Since then, I've been more inclined to watch.

And really, what else is on tonight?

King Felix or Tanaka to start the All Star game for the AL? As great as Tanaka has been, I would go with the King. Any thoughts?

I would go with King Felix no matter what. And of course its Kershaw who is a beast. I like the AL to win it in the late innings. Growing up as a kid back in the 70's the AL could never beat the NL in those days. The Big Red Machine and pitchers like Tom Seaver and Jerry Koosman. I wish Cruz had been in the Home Run Derby. But at least Adam Jones is. Some backed out because its in the toughest park to hit a home run in. Minnesota, and some say their attendance is even down due to this. The team itself has been surprisingly decent. They just got back from Colorado where they won that series. That division has gotten tougher. I will squeeze for my boy Adam Jones to win. Davis and Cruz have more power but Jones is no slouch. Back to the King, I would not want to face Seattle in a best of five series. No thank you. So the Angels will fight like the Dickens to beat out Oakland for the division to dodge that scenario. They have the other Japanese pitcher that is good too and Young.

I just found this out also. Just plain stupid and disrespectful. Kershaw should start

Not to start another argument, but how is this disrespectful? Mike Matheny is the Coach of this 2014 All-Star Game representing the National League. He was and is the Coach of the Saint Louis Cardinals who represented the National League at last years World Series (of which we all know that the Cardinals lost 4 games to 2 games to the Boston Red Sox).

Adam Wainright is a 10 game winner so far this season and also a Saint Louis Cardinal (and one the Games Greatest and Experienced Pitchers), so I really cannot see why Mike Mathenys choice of starting pitcher for this pivotal game is considered both stupid and disrespectful.

Adam will only pitch one inning or two, depending on his performance. I bet if you ask Kershaw his opinion, he would defer and "praise" Waino for the Great and Future Hall of Famer that He is destined to become.

GO NATIONAL LEAGUE!!! If you win tonight, that means that the Cardinals will have Home Field Advantage when it counts in the 2014 World Series.

Not to start another argument, but how is this disrespectful? Mike Matheny is the Coach of this 2014 All-Star Game representing the National League. He was and is the Coach of the Saint Louis Cardinals who represented the National League at last years World Series (of which we all know that the Cardinals lost 4 games to 2 games to the Boston Red Sox).

Adam Wainright is a 10 game winner so far this season and also a Saint Louis Cardinal (and one the Games Greatest and Experienced Pitchers), so I really cannot see why Mike Mathenys choice of starting pitcher for this pivotal game is considered both stupid and disrespectful.

Adam will only pitch one inning or two, depending on his performance. I bet if you ask Kershaw his opinion, he would defer and "praise" Waino for the Great and Future Hall of Famer that He is destined to become.

GO NATIONAL LEAGUE!!! If you win tonight, that means that the Cardinals will have Home Field Advantage when it counts in the 2014 World Series.

Get real. Do you really think he is as good as Kershaw? No way jose. Kershaw is the best ih all of baseball right now. Admit it. This is a bias decision. Picking his own boy. Kershaw is better. He should start. Someone said it may have to do with him being scheduled soon? That is a load of shit. This is Tues. Nobody plays until Friday. Kershaw is a fucking beast. I hope we send you boy to the showers and expect we will. Go AL

Some great moments were just shown on ESPN. Pete Rose in 1970 running over Fosse. 1971 Reggie Jackson's tape measure shot in Detroit. And Cal Ripken's last All Star at bat was a HR.

Great ovation for Jeter, honoring some teachers right now...23 of the last 28 all-star game winners have had the World Champs come out of their league -that's with and without the home field advantage tagged on there. There is my stat for tonight. I see two O's in the starting line-up, Rick. Go American League!

:cheer:

Great theatre! Jeter doubles in his first at-bat!!!

Second stat for tonight - Jeter has played in over 2,600 games for the Yanks and ONLY ONE where they were mathematically eliminated. That is insane!

Great ovation for Jeter, honoring some teachers right now...23 of the last 28 all-star game winners have had the World Champs come out of their league -that's with and without the home field advantage tagged on there. There is my stat for tonight. I see two O's in the starting line-up, Rick. Go American League!

:cheer:

Well of course I want the American League and not a league with a manager that picks his own pitcher when Kershaw deserved to start. Jeter starting I have no problem with. It draws equal comparison to Cal Ripken who also did not have All Star numbers in his last All Star game. Jeter joked about it but basically admitted that the St Louis pitcher did not come with his best stuff to Jeter. I am ok with that also. I am not ok with them starting what's his name over Kershaw. Or the babies from Detroit I went at it with on the CBS chat room trash talking the O's when historically we have basically kicked the shit out of them. And we are going to again if we play them. Cabrera has the injury I had last week and I got rid of it in 3 days. Groin strain right? He is hitting pretty damn good so why isn't he on the 15 day disabled list?

All-Star game? Completely missed it. Somehow survived. :P

I can't say I'm surprised Wainwright was chosen to start. That's his manager, of course he's gonna show loyalty to his guy. I don't blame him. It means nothing in the long run anyway. Nobody remembers who starts an All-Star game...they barely remember who wins.

Nice to see Mike Trout do well.

Archived