Sir Elton John - 2014

60blues

I saw Sir Elton last night and as usual he did not disappoint. I have to say I'm a bit biased....he was my first " real" rock concert in 1974, and I have not missed a chance to see him every time he comes to town.

Excellent sound , band and staging.

One thing I will say that he has done from day one that is nice imo....he makes a point to approach every single side of his stage and acknowledge everyone - even those seated behind the stage.

One thing he did last night that I have never seen him do - was that he allowed the first 3 rows on the floor to approach the stage for his last 3 songs, and before he started his encore he walked from left to right and signed autographs. Lots of them...

The only other musician that I have ever seen sign autographs from the stage was Willie Nelson...and he did it after the show.

Two and a half hour show....lowest ticket price a decent, affordable $53!

Despite what you may think of his music...he puts on a show well worth the $$$ you spend and gives you 100% .

Hey 60blues,

glad you enjoyed the show. Nothing against Elton John as my parents played a lot of his music around the 70's and he is very talented.

Nice of him to take so much interest and put in so much effort for the fans. :)

I was a big fan of his 70s output. He had a great band and his ability to put music to lyrics so quickly is remarkable. Back in the 70s, he was huge, and definitely among the bigs of that era, along with Zeppelin, Rod Stewart, and the Stones.

It's been a very long time since I bought an Elton John CD, but I give the guy a lof of respect for his professional longevity.

I saw Sir Elton last night and as usual he did not disappoint.

One thing he did last night that I have never seen him do - was that he allowed the first 3 rows on the floor to approach the stage for his last 3 songs, and before he started his encore he walked from left to right and signed autographs. Lots of them.. .

That's quite remarkable!! I love Elton John and have since the 70's. Some of my oldest favorite songs are Elton John. I really, really regret not going to see him when he recently toured in my area, will not miss it if I get another opportunity.

I have a few 45's from back in the day, and this one is a treasure to me!

post-26295-0-72976600-1410926480_thumb.j

I saw Sir Elton last night and as usual he did not disappoint. I have to say I'm a bit biased....he was my first " real" rock concert in 1974, and I have not missed a chance to see him every time he comes to town.

Excellent sound , band and staging.

One thing I will say that he has done from day one that is nice imo....he makes a point to approach every single side of his stage and acknowledge everyone - even those seated behind the stage.

Elton was one of my favorites growing up too. After not seeing him live since the early 90s, I went to a show last year, not expecting to love it. I was proven wrong. He was fantastic.

He signed autographs during the "encore pause" at the show I went to as well. I've talked about it a lot - I had never seen it done and was impressed. Maybe EJ is not such a diva after all!

Archived