2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

Thanks. Yours look cool as hell, zepscoda. Did you use a special filter? Thanks for beating the Astros tonight!

Sweep! Rangers needed that too, now they are right back in the hunt....I have an app that has some cool effects. The HD effect kind of over saturats and darkens is the best way to describe it. It really doesn't work with people in the photo, but you can adjust the levels.

Toronto at NY tomorrow. Someone has to lose. I can't believe Tillman is now being slated on Sunday at the Angels. Last chance for the Red Sox to tie this up and help us. Fat chance. No offense as their season is done. And no spoiler role either. Toronto will not be so easy. I really do not know who to cheer for as we have to pass one of them unless we simply beat out the West team for the second WC. But way to early to speculate on that. Long way to go. Red Sox fucking suck

Well, as jimmie ray stated earlier, I don't believe any of the Wild Cards in the National League are coming from the East, so the Mets best shot is to take the division crown.

And the St. Louis Cardinals are unreal right now--they may be a bitch to play, whoever faces them in the playoffs....

Well, as jimmie ray stated earlier, I don't believe any of the Wild Cards in the National League are coming from the East, so the Mets best shot is to take the division crown.

And the St. Louis Cardinals are unreal right now--they may be a bitch to play, whoever faces them in the playoffs....

The way the Cardinals are playing this season, you might be right about that. 69 wins - 39 losses. 30 games above .500/ the only team in Baseball with a winning percentage over .600 (.639).

I am in no way a fan of the Dodgers (as most Dodger fans are in no way fans of the Cardinals, I assume), but I am hoping Los Angeles can take care of their business and sweep the Pittsburgh Pirates for their series beginning later today.

And Paul, good luck to your Mets. I would rather the Mets make the Post-Season over the much too over-hyped (but good) Nationals.

Edited to add: I hate (or Love) to say this, but the Saint Louis Cardinals have been the best team in all of Baseball since the first game of the season, when the Cardinals defeated the much hyped Chicago Cubs and their $144 million acquisition.

If I am wrong in my statement and assessment of how the Cardinals are the best team so far this year, please, anyone, feel free to correct me or show proof of how I am incorrect. I do not mind.

Edited by kingzoso

Morning kids! Getting ready to leave for Seattle!! Jamie Moyer bobblehead day tomorrow, then the O's come in on Monday.

I so need this vacation...

Have fun out there Esther! Should be great. We need to get a couple wins in LA and the Yankees and Blue Jays play each other, so that means we just need to win our games. Go O's!

I hope your Mets come through for me today Paul. Anyway, Strider. Earth to Strider! How about a little info on this Heaney with a 5-1 record and a 1.97 ERA? Impressive. Is he out of the pen and now a starter or has he been a starter all year? IE, who the hell is he? Its too bad we are going to send his bitch ass to the showers earlier than he planned. Yeah, I am talkin some trash to get the juices flowing!! Its just me. I cannot help it. If it backfires I will likely be on suicide watch for a few hours and in a foul mood. I expect us to come in swinging. Davis is on fire. He is number one in the AL in fucking RBI's. And I believe homers too? He is a beast. Now we have Parra, a gold glover to join a bunch of other gold glovers. Tillman will not go until Sunday. So tonight Gausman goes and he has been good of late. He needs to simply shut down two guys. Pujols and the mighty Trout.

I expect DeGrom to take care of Tampa in fashion. I am going to predict a 3 hitter at worst. I wheeled the Mets with a few teams including my O's. I do respect the Angels far more than Oakland. Next week Jokeland comes in for 4. Even with Gray pitching tonight I took Houston with Keichel. That guy with a birds nest on his face is a monster. Just imagine if the Mets could lure some real reliable hitters like Markakis just as an example, yikes. I expect bit offers to Matt Wieters from both NY teams. I hope we hang on to him. Caleb Joseph is a great catcher and can hit for power and with consistency. So that may be one thing that keeps Angelos from going too high to retain him. Its scarinig me to death. I do not want to lose him. Guys like Machado and Davis have to be kept at all costs.

deGrom tonight--I have to think young Jacob is part of the discussion for Cy Young, although I think Gerrit Cole for the Pirates is in the lead as far as that goes. I don't expect another sweep for the Mets, but if they can take 2 out of 3 I'll be happy. And, of course, if the Nats keep stumbling, then all the better...

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

Strider, tomorrow night we dance! Our teams meet. Are you going to catch one? Tillman is supposed to go tomorrow and has regained his form

My work schedule this weekend makes it doubtful I will catch any of the games this weekend, Rick. Sunday's day game is the most likely one for me to attend. Definitely no chance for tonight and Saturday's games.

Andrew Heaney is the beneficiary of Jered Weaver's injury...when Weaver went on DL, the Angels called Heaney up from AAA. Nobody had any idea he would fill in this good.

In fact, Heaney was so good in the rotation that it allowed the Angels the luxury not to rush Weaver back too soon before he was ready. Now with the season-ending injury to C.J. Wilson, there's another gap in the Angels rotation so it looks like Weaver will be back this Sunday or Monday.

The Angels haven't announced a starter for Sunday's game so it might be Weaver. Richards is pitching Saturday so your Orioles have a definite edge in that game.

As for Heaney, who knows if he is really that good or if he is benefiting from the fact that teams don't know anything about him? Once he makes the circuit around the league a few times, and batters get familiar with his pitches, it will be interesting to see if Heaney is still as effective.

Orioles @ Angels should be a good series. I don't see either team sweeping. This is a crucial series for both teams in terms of the playoff picture, as well. Infact, this is a big road trip for the Orioles as a whole.

In the spirit of good competition, may the best team win. Enjoy watching the games from your home...I'm assuming they are broadcasting the Orioles-Angels series to your cave in upstate New York? :P

Saint Louis Cardinals, the first team to reach 50/60 and now 70 wins this 2015 MLB Season. At this point in the season, the Cardinals have played 109 Baseball games and have only lost 39 of them. The Cardinals are the only Team to still be in the under 40 loss column. Every other Baseball team has lost 40 games and some are in the 50+ and even in the 60+ losses.

I feel that I have the right to brag because I know a few others would be bragging the heck out of their team if their team was doing as well as the Saint Louis Cardinals. It just seem like such a hypocritical thing to praise some (for their posts) and then turn around and lambast others for doing the same thing.

As long as the Cardinals keep winning (and losing), I will continue to post about them as I see fit.

Big win for us tonight as Jiminez was great. Tillman will pitch Tuesday in Seattle so maybe that is the game EBK will see? We will miss King Felix. Right now I just hope Gonzalez pitches well tomorrow. He has been off lately.

Your Orioles are not performing or winning as you so boasted that they would at the beginning of this season (and even in the pre-season).

I do not like to say this because I really am a nice person, but your posts like this one above is, it seems to Me, a desperate and unconvincing attempt to make up for the Orioles not so good record. 56 wins and 53 losses (.514%). 3 games above .500 with the Toronto Blue Jays on a 7 game winning streak. I realize anything is possible in this game called Baseball, but your boasts and then your excuses about the Orioles is up and down and redundant. This pitch was a ball and what the hell was Buck thinking when he put this pitcher in the game and why wasn't so and so a pinch hitter when this hitter is a better hitter etc... So on an so forth. I kind of admire your devotion but when a team is lagging and not up to their potential, no amount of excuses can make any difference. If you or anyone else has ever noticed, I do not get so delved into a Cardinals game and post about some of very minor matter, regardless if the Cardinal win or lose a game. You do more than anyone else on this topic, which is not a bad thing, but at some point you may have to realize that your team, the Orioles, are not the team you expected and boasted about before the real season began.

My team is. With about 200 less posts then you have made.

Luckily for Me, the Saint Louis Cardinals are the Best Team in Baseball so I do not have to come up with or make excuses for their failings (or very much Their lack thereof).

Cardinals: 71 wins - 39 losses. (.645%)

Orioles: 56 wins - 53 losses. (.514%)

Edited by kingzoso

Your Orioles are not performing or winning as you so boasted that they would at the beginning of this season (and even in the pre-season).

I do not like to say this because I really am a nice person, but your posts like this one above is, it seems to Me, a desperate and unconvincing attempt to make up for the Orioles not so good record. 56 wins and 53 losses (.514%). 3 games above .500 with the Toronto Blue Jays on a 7 game winning streak. I realize anything is possible in this game called Baseball, but your boasts and then your excuses about the Orioles is up and down and redundant. This pitch was a ball and what the hell was Buck thinking when he put this pitcher in the game and why wasn't so and so a pinch hitter when this hitter is a better hitter etc... So on an so forth. I kind of admire your devotion but when a team is lagging and not up to their potential, no amount of excuses can make any difference. If you or anyone else has ever noticed, I do not get so delved into a Cardinals game and post about some of very minor matter, regardless if the Cardinal win or lose a game. You do more than anyone else on this topic, which is not a bad thing, but at some point you may have to realize that your team, the Orioles, are not the team you expected and boasted about before the real season began.

My team is. With about 200 less posts then you have made.

Luckily for Me, the Saint Louis Cardinals are the Best Team in Baseball so I do not have to come up with or make excuses for their failings (or very much Their lack thereof).

Cardinals: 71 wins - 39 losses. (.645%)

Orioles: 56 wins - 53 losses. (.514%)

Wait just a minute now. We are not out of anything first of all. We are only two back presently of the wild card and the division is well in reach. We have a great team with starting pitching that is not so great. But Tillman had an ankle sprain and is coming around well. Injuries had much to do with the reason we are not higher up. We had to wait to get Hardy back a long time and Wieters I will take our lineup over yours any day of the week. You play in a weaker league. A weaker division with far fewer good teams. Teams like the Phillies and Brewers to feast on. The American League is better. Period. I will take Machado and Hardy over any left side of the infield. Adam Jones is the best center fielder in baseball. We have 5 gold glovers and its going to help when Pearce is healthy so we do not have to go to Flaherty. My concern is this off season and the free agents and the jerk off owner we have. i will say your management is far better. Our owner sucks. He had best pony up to never let Machado get away and he better keep Wieters. I know this kid Joseph is great so that could give them reason to keep only one of them. To me a big mistake. Parra is going to help. Lets see where they are in the standings in a week. Davis is now hitting and that is huge. Starting pitching is my biggest worry. Like today, Miguel Gonzalez has not been as good as he was early on. He has to wake up and now. Its not easy going against Trout and Pujols. Two guys that can kill you. And they have some depth. I do not think they are as balanced as we are. So in the end I like our chances to get at least a WC if not the East. Do not count us out