newbie looking for the name of a song

artemisia

Hello all - I heard a while ago a song by LZ that I've never heard. I was rather hypnotized by it and couldn't hear the words well, the only thing I can say is that it was rather quiet and reminded me of the chords of "Dear Prudence". Could you help me identify this please?

Thanks very much!

The chord progression in Thank You (D, D/C, D/B, D), is closer to Dear Prudence (is almost the same as TY except Bb is added and it's a progression used a lot by Eric Clapton in Cream), than TBOE (Am) and GTC (D).

BIGLY although in Am has a similar progression but in musical terms very different and could be the song in question and remotely, it could also be YTIGC (D), which is also vaguely similar.

The vocals in all of the above are very clear so I have no idea what the song you "heard" was.

Let's come up with a list they can check out and see which is what they want lol

1) Going to California

2) Battle of Evermore

3) Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

4) Your Time Is Gonna Come

5) Thank You

feel free to edit and/or add if you want. I'm leaning towards Going to California b/c Robert isn't necessarily singing at full volume, hence the "harder to hear" idea. Could also be Thank You though with the quiet parts...

Let's come up with a list

1) Going to California

2) Battle of Evermore

3) Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

4) Your Time Is Gonna Come

5) Thank You

Wow, you people are a really nice group....thanks for all the quick responses.

However, I don't believe any of these are the one I'm looking for. I listened to them all, to the end, but either I don't exactly remember, or there's still another song somewhere.

I'm a farmer - I was up on a tree with the engine of a mechanical platform running, and a pretty lousy radio. That's why I didn't hear the song well. But I know the radio announcer said it was by LZ. And when he said that, I recognized the style. I'm pretty sure it didn't have a loud part, like in "Baby I'm Gonna Leave you".

Thanks everyone for your time - I'll check in again, but it looks like you've covered everything.

The song would be something along the lines of Your Time is Gonna Come, or Thank you, with respect to the harmony and style - but without the louder vocals. Definitely a descending bass line there, reminded me of Dear Prudence, so it was pretty close (I play some music). Not like Going to California - which I knew before, and would remind me of 4+20 by Stephen Stills.

I'm going to take a long shot in the dark here and say maybe (just maybe) 'Baby Come On Home'? Somewhat similar guitar... Possibly What Is And What Should Never Be. If it none of the songs listed above, but based on your description Hey Hey What Can I Do is probably it, but if not try the others I listed, even if they're not the song you're looking for you may find one you really like, it is Zeppelin afterall.

No, none of these last suggestions, sorry. It's probably one of the songs first suggested, and I just wasn't too focused while listening to it.

At least I've heard some new (for me) and lovely songs while checking this out ... :):)

Archived