Battle of Evermore

ZepRon

I DID search the forum, but a quick find didn't  help, and I figured well ....  somebody could answer this easily.

Who made the creative decision to bring Sandy Denny into into that INCREDIBLE  work of beautiful art.  

TIA

Robert Plant.  It was Robert who wrote the lyrics and then decided that he needed another singer to act as his foil to make the "Battle of Evermore" work better as a song.  Her part was to act as the town crier, urging the peoples to lay down their weapons. 

• 4 months later...
On 9/19/2015 at 0:46 AM, kingzoso said:

Robert Plant.  It was Robert who wrote the lyrics and then decided that he needed another singer to act as his foil to make the "Battle of Evermore" work better as a song.  Her part was to act as the town crier, urging the peoples to lay down their weapons. 

I have heard that Nancy Wilson of Heart was involved with that song somehow? Or was it another Zep song?

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2015 at 2:46 PM, kingzoso said:

To the contrary, "Throw down your plough and hoe, rest not to lock your homes....", "Sing as you raise your bow, shoot straighter than before...", "War is the common cry, pick up your swords and fly...", are calls to arms.

Archived