gperkins151

Remastered or Original  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Remastered or original CD?

• Original
    • 90s Remaster

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Normally when a song is remastered (if it is well remastered) the quality of the song improves, especially when the songs are old like the LZ ones.

But sometimes the original "quality" of the song is lost.

So, it depends .

• 2 weeks later...
Normally when a song is remastered (if it is well remastered) the quality of the song improves, especially when the songs are old like the LZ ones.

But sometimes the original "quality" of the song is lost.

So, it depends .

The earliest transfers to cd were a lottery at best for most albums from the 60's and 70's. I have to say the remastered Zeppelin sounds better but a good quality piece of vinyl still sounds the best

• 4 years later...

The origional cd's, well mine at least, have quite a few songs missing parts (the end of In My Time of Dying and about three fourths of Hat's Off), so...90's remaster by default since it's the most complete.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The original cd issues were a travesty, with Physical Graffiti, Led Zep IV, Presence and Led Zep II being particularly egregious. To even ask the question is somewhat silly.

There was a total disregard on the part of Atlantic with the first cd releases of Led Zeppelin's catalogue. Disrespect towards the music and to the artwork and packaging.

The answer is simple: the remastered cds.

• 1 month later...

Archived