football

craigled

22 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Rules are rules Rick. Can't bend them for someone who only likes FOOTBALL because he can win (or lose apparently) a few Bucks. 

It's not the Referees fault either. VAR is a fucking disgrace and is ruining the game. Take it up with FIFA

Bullshit rules on advancing 

59 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Bullshit rules on advancing 

Not as bullshit as what will happen in 4 years' time when the US and Canada host the world Cup. There will be 40 odd countries and in the group stage there will penalties if there is a draw. Therefore if, say, England play Botswana and at full time it's a draw, then it's down to the lottery of penalties. FIFA have changed it so it appeals to the US audiences

4 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Not as bullshit as what will happen in 4 years' time when the US and Canada host the world Cup. There will be 40 odd countries and in the group stage there will penalties if there is a draw. Therefore if, say, England play Botswana and at full time it's a draw, then it's down to the lottery of penalties. FIFA have changed it so it appeals to the US audiences

Well that’s not right either.  Lots of crazy results today and yesterday.  Of course Brazil played their second string knowing the game didn’t matter to them.  I bet on Switzerland 🇨🇭 with a couple parlays including England and some others.  I believe the US will beat the Netherlands.  Not impressed with this Dutch team one bit having watched them, but Spain 🇪🇸 who I am usually high on looked awful last game but I would expect better next time.  They did win 7-0 all be it vs 🇨🇷 Costa Rica.  I really like England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 chances

Tunisia and Denmark, gone. Bring on Argentina. Messi who? We hold no fear of Argentina regardless of who is in their team.

Australia defeated Argentina 4-1 in 1988.

Graham Arnold played qualifiers against Argentina twice in 1994, featuring Diego Maradona. 1-1 draw and losing 1-0.

No gave us a hope and didn't expect us to win any games let alone make the final 16.

Underdogs!? Love it.

14 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

FIFA when led by Sepp Blatter were the most corrupt sporting organisation, ever. 

Qatar bought (bribed) their way to hosting this world cup. Karma's a bitch in that they were eliminated early in the competition.

On 12/3/2022 at 3:52 AM, Reggie29 said:

Tunisia and Denmark, gone. Bring on Argentina. Messi who? We hold no fear of Argentina regardless of who is in their team.

Australia defeated Argentina 4-1 in 1988.

Graham Arnold played qualifiers against Argentina twice in 1994, featuring Diego Maradona. 1-1 draw and losing 1-0.

No gave us a hope and didn't expect us to win any games let alone make the final 16.

Underdogs!? Love it.

I really wanted Australia to win and must give them credit, they never quit and almost tied the game.  I think if that forward had simply waited for the goalie to dive, easier said than done, he may have been able to get it by the two Argentine players who came into the  goal area to try and save the ball if the goalie failed.  Great comeback effort.  The fucking USA screwed me.  I really was not impressed with the Netherlands in group play.  I guess anyone beats the USA in soccer.  I am cheering for England  The books are giving Senegal more respect than I expected.  It would seem Morocco is the most dangerous African team?  They won their group somehow.  Maybe they can take Spain to extra time or PK's?  One would expect Spain to win.  And England and France?  I like Switzerland to beat Portugal.  That is my upset.  I really do not think its much of an upset but Portugal are favored.  My money is on Swiss

France 🇫🇷  should take care of Poland 🇵🇱.

Then we should hope England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 does not make us sweat vs Senegal 🇸🇳.  

What do you make of the Argentina 🇦🇷 game vs Netherlands 🇳🇱?

I like Switzerland 🇨🇭 to take out Ronaldo and Portugal 🇵🇹 

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

16 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I really wanted Australia to win and must give them credit, they never quit and almost tied the game.  I think if that forward had simply waited for the goalie to dive, easier said than done, he may have been able to get it by the two Argentine players who came into the  goal area to try and save the ball if the goalie failed.  Great comeback effort.  The fucking USA screwed me.  I really was not impressed with the Netherlands in group play.  I guess anyone beats the USA in soccer.  I am cheering for England  The books are giving Senegal more respect than I expected.  It would seem Morocco is the most dangerous African team?  They won their group somehow.  Maybe they can take Spain to extra time or PK's?  One would expect Spain to win.  And England and France?  I like Switzerland to beat Portugal.  That is my upset.  I really do not think its much of an upset but Portugal are favored.  My money is on Swiss

One mistake by our goalie cost us a potential draw. I felt sorry for him, he went for the miracle play and had he succeeded would've been a genius but sadly he would've been better to dive on the ball.

The positive thing is this side is relatively young and will be better for the experience.

I was surprised the USA didn't do better than they did. Surprisingly we finished in front of them in standings, albeit only just and equal (3) goals scored.

The final is up for grabs and any of the remaining teams can win it on the day.

Good luck with your tips.

5 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

One mistake by our goalie cost us a potential draw. I felt sorry for him, he went for the miracle play and had he succeeded would've been a genius but sadly he would've been better to dive on the ball.

The positive thing is this side is relatively young and will be better for the experience.

I was surprised the USA didn't do better than they did. Surprisingly we finished in front of them in standings, albeit only just and equal (3) goals scored.

The final is up for grabs and any of the remaining teams can win it on the day.

Good luck with your tips.

Im not surprised the US did what they do.  Get killed in soccer.  Yes the Netherlands did not impress me going into the knockout stage.  But now I do believe they can beat Argentina.  I call it a toss up.  

14 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

90 Minutes of dullness with 3 goals. Play like that against the French, then it's Goodbye🥱

Why not use Sako and Rashford together out there vs France?  Would that not give them more speed?  And of course Kane has to be out there. I can see Maguire being a linebacker in the American game.  

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Brazil a machine.  Will be tough to beat

Showboating disrespectful wankers. Can't fucking stand them. Hope someone turns them over and they can fuck off back to Rio (or rather the Premier League)

Should be a cracker against The French on Saturday. Very close call. Heart says England, Head says France.

11 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Showboating disrespectful wankers. Can't fucking stand them. Hope someone turns them over and they can fuck off back to Rio (or rather the Premier League)

Should be a cracker against The French on Saturday. Very close call. Heart says England, Head says France.

I understand and agree with you totally.  I think the Netherlands and Argentina is a toss up.   If England can escape this game vs France,  a big if I realize, I like them to win the next game and face Brazil in the final.  Brazil will beat Croatia.  Hate them or not they have a ton of talent.  They pass the ball even better than Spain.  Speaking of which, Spain best take their heads out of their ass's and show up today or Morocco will beat them.  I like Swiss a lot today to beat Portugal. Which means go bet Portugal and you will win.  Maybe.  Go England.  Lets hope they do it.  But its going to be a bitch.  Maguire is going to have to be good in this game.

Did I say I liked the damn Swiss?  Unreal.  Morocco sucked out.  Kept everyone back, to get to PK's and Spain fucked that up big time. Dumb ass goalie. I would not have moved until I saw what the guy was doing on approach to ball. He committed early.  Dove right and ball right down the middle and in first two.  Then the dumb fuck that shot for Spain hits post.  Portugal should be able to break down this Morocco defense. Not sure if they dare to do same vs Portugal.  I suspect they attack more and how less respect.  This is the shit game of the quarterfinals.  Brazil should beat Croatia.  But the other two are going to be tough battles. England and France and Netherlands vs Argentina. 

Edited by LedZeppfan1977