football

craigled

10 hours ago, Strider said:

It would be lovely to have Ronaldo and Messi go off World Cup-less.

A joint the size of a baseball bat? What are you smoking...oregano? If I tried to smoke a baseball bat-sized joint full of the marijuana they sell at the legal weed shops now, I would be comatose for the night.

You two guys are brutal.  Harry Kane should have buried that shot and England never should have let him take the second PK.  I hope Argentina wins.  What have you against Argentina Chilly puffer?  What kind of fucking wine is that your going to drink?  I know they make better wine in California and France than anywhere.  It sounds Italian to me.  Maybe some sweet ass Chianti?  Go Messi!!!!  Go Argentina.  Why would you want France to not only win again, but they were totally outplayed by England and were lucky to win.  Pickford would not be in goal in 4 years.  In North America.  And at least then the games will return to June.  Hot summer days to watch rather than compete with the NFL and other sports here that matter far more in America.  Its SOCCER .  Always will be. 

21 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Is it not all over yet? I'll be walking in my beloved Peak District on Sunday. A good 10  miler should do it, with a roast dinner afterwards, a bottle of Rioja and a Joint the size of a Baseball Bat. If push comes to shove, I'll take France (just) so Messi can finally sign of with a losers medal and he can fuck off back to Las Malvinas. Big headed shit

Lighten up!  Harry Kane and England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 will be back in 4 years.  They will win the WC in the United States!  I think they should roll the dice and just for luck 🍀, replace Pickford.  I think tomorrow is likely last WC game for Luca Modric.  So I took a small same game parlay w Croatia 🇭🇷 to win, Modric to score, and over 2.5 goals.  2-1 Croatia.  

I like Argentina to put an end to this French team and their arrogance.  Argentina 3-2, Messi and Alvarez to score

21 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

You two guys are brutal.  Harry Kane should have buried that shot and England never should have let him take the second PK.  I hope Argentina wins.  What have you against Argentina Chilly puffer?  What kind of fucking wine is that your going to drink?  I know they make better wine in California and France than anywhere.  It sounds Italian to me.  Maybe some sweet ass Chianti?  Go Messi!!!!  Go Argentina.  Why would you want France to not only win again, but they were totally outplayed by England and were lucky to win.  Pickford would not be in goal in 4 years.  In North America.  And at least then the games will return to June.  Hot summer days to watch rather than compete with the NFL and other sports here that matter far more in America.  Its SOCCER .  Always will be. 

@JTM @Strider

Fucking hell Rick, does your name have a silent P in front of it?

Firstly: The "PK" as you call it. "England shouldn't have let Kane take the second kick" He buried the first one in the corner of the net and he is England's penalty taker. What did you think should have happened? Pickford take it? 

Secondly: What have we got against Argentina? Do you not know your history regarding the Argies and the English in World Cups? MARADONAS Hand of God goal. The fat, cheating coke sniffing cunt, knocked us out by punching the ball into the net in 1986. He said it was God who helped him and it was an atonement for the Falklands War in 1982 when we kicked their arses in a conflict over the disputed territory. Though then again you probably don't.

Let's agree on one point. You know less about Football than I know about the NFL, which is less than Nuclear Physics. You constantly get upset because someone misses a penalty or a team performs badly, as it fucks up your betting. Please stick to the egg shaped ball and body armour.

Finally if you think this World Cup was of little interest to the average fan ( reasons I don't need to explain), then when it reaches for your shores in 4 years, it will be even worse. Cheerleaders, endless ads for Coke and Budweiser and penalties if there is a draw? Please...........

23 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

@JTM @Strider

Firstly: The "PK" as you call it. "England shouldn't have let Kane take the second kick" He buried the first one in the corner of the net and he is England's penalty taker. What did you think should have happened? Pickford take it? 

Secondly: What have we got against Argentina? Do you not know your history regarding the Argies and the English in World Cups? MARADONAS Hand of God goal. The fat, cheating coke sniffing cunt, knocked us out by punching the ball into the net in 1986. He said it was God who helped him and it was an atonement for the Falklands War in 1982 when we kicked their arses in a conflict over the disputed territory. Though then again you probably don't.

Let's agree on one point. You know less about Football than I know about the NFL, which is less than Nuclear Physics. You constantly get upset because someone misses a penalty or a team performs badly, as it fucks up your betting. Please stick to the egg shaped ball and body armour.

Finally if you think this World Cup was of little interest to the average fan ( reasons I don't need to explain), then when it reaches for your shores in 4 years, it will be even worse. Cheerleaders, endless ads for Coke and Budweiser and penalties if there is a draw? Please...........

You've given me a real chuckle there CP, a rare thing for me of late, cheers.

6 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

@JTM @Strider

Isnt bringing up the Falkland Islands almost like holding it against the USA for the Revolutionary war? It was a long time ago.  But I see your point.  As for four years. the USA is likely going to be a bit better but not good enough to get past maybe a group stage.  Sure, I would far prefer seeing the Buffalo Bills win the NFL title than the WC, but I do want to see England win.  They certainly are the best team along with Brazil IMO. Spain?  Not sure what happened to their game that was damn good the last 12 years or so. Our game of football is far more complicated than yours.  By the way.  Gee, I wonder what it will take to pry your ass away from the third place game this morning between Croatia and Morocco?   LOL.  Have at it.  

Oh, that hand of God crap I agree.  It was the hand of some bad refs.  I cant believe they did not use replay and disallow it.

This third place game is at leas entertaining.  I put a couple of small same game parlays in.  Croatia to end , both teams to score, over 3.5 and lastly and the toughest part, Luca Modric to score.  His last WC game, they are trying to get him one

You honestly want France?  After the arrogance they showed?  Not me.  GO ARGENTINA 🇦🇷!!!

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Well that's the end of that one, the worst world cup in my memory, Qatar to host was a bad choice, it's winter ffs. The next one won't be much better, the CUM experiment (Canada, USA and Mexico), 2002 Japan/Korea was bad enough but three countries hosting ?

Edited by JTM

1 hour ago, JTM said:

Well that's the end of that one, the worst world cup in my memory, Qatar to host was a bad choice, it's winter ffs. The next one won't be much better, the CUM experiment (Canada, USA and Mexico), 2002 Japan/Korea was bad enough but three countries hosting ?

And it will be in June, in the hot summer and I’ll have an excuse to have the beer 🍺 a flowing!  Let’s hope England do better.  I’m also going to cheer for Australia 🇦🇺,  I like them.  And maybe the US

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

It hits the guys arm and you give them a goal!  Stupid

A note. You never block a shot like that making yourself bigger with your arms. Arms behind your back etc. A proper call.

Anyway, game was epic but the level was not. France was quite shite all the way. 

Mbappe scored a hat trick but they lost it still… should we call it a Jimmy White trick 😀

Next time, play it during June/July. The final was the only full game a watched.

Edited by JMH

2 hours ago, JMH said:

A note. You never block a shot like that making yourself bigger with your arms. Arms behind your back etc. A proper call.

Anyway, game was epic but the level was not. France was quite shite all the way. 

Mbappe scored a hat trick but they lost it still… should we call it a Jimmy White trick 😀

Next time, play it during June/July. The final was the only full game a watched.

It will be summer I’m sure

13 hours ago, JTM said:

Agreed. 

5 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Agreed. 

Oh come on Chilly.  If the Brits win the next one you will be fine with it. Mexico going to go nuts when it gets to host its games. Are you kidding?  Mexico is a huge soccer country. The US is growing in support.  Canada?  Well they suck worse than us.  The women?  Now that is a different story.  So why are the US women better than the English?  

Hey, where is Macguire playing?  He is not on Leicester any more right? Maybe in a week you will answer this.  Its early morning here and I know its like mid day in London.

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Oh come on Chilly.  If the Brits win the next one you will be fine with it. Mexico going to go nuts when it gets to host its games. Are you kidding?  Mexico is a huge soccer country. The US is growing in support.  Canada?  Well they suck worse than us.  The women?  Now that is a different story.  So why are the US women better than the English?  

Hey, where is Macguire playing?  He is not on Leicester any more right? Maybe in a week you will answer this.  Its early morning here and I know its like mid day in London.

If The ENGLISH win the next one. Not THE BRITS. We have Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland which makes up Great Britain.

Maguire signed for Manchester United in 2019, hence he is not playing for Leicester any more

Oh I don't, and never will, live in the Shithole that's London. I live about 20 miles from Manchester. That's north of London by 180 miles

On 12/19/2022 at 10:17 AM, chillumpuffer said:

If The ENGLISH win the next one. Not THE BRITS. We have Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland which makes up Great Britain.

Maguire signed for Manchester United in 2019, hence he is not playing for Leicester any more

Oh I don't, and never will, live in the Shithole that's London. I live about 20 miles from Manchester. That's north of London by 180 miles

Wow.  i did not know it was that far.  I live over 400 mile from NY City and only 60 east of Buffalo.  NY is not the same since Covid.  I know that the Meadowlands, in New Jersey, is going to host some of the games.  That would be the closest venue for me.  My daughter lives about 20 minutes from there so if England were to play there I might be able to get tickets.  Time will tell.  I would think Toronto would get a few games and that is 50 miles across Lake Ontario from me but driving is about 2 1/2 hours plus the nightmare of getting through Canadian Customs.  No Thanks.  Id go to New jersey which is a 6 hour drive but I would fly there.