John Paul Jones

LeD-kHaN

There was a rumour going around at that time that JPJ wanted to leave the band. I think he also did some colabarative work in that year.

Actually, he didn't "want to leave" the band, it was a case of the conflict which arose following the years of touring they had done without any consideration for family life.

This matter was soon resolved and they all pressed on.

• 2 weeks later...
But I thought that Jones really wanted to teach a group of 'choir' and heard that it was Peter Grant who asked him back?

Yes I think it was something like that or to go and teach at college, thats what he did after Zep for a bit I think in Devon !!!

But I thought that Jones really wanted to teach a group of 'choir' and heard that it was Peter Grant who asked him back?

Take that with a grain of salt. He'd recently filmed his fantasy segment playing the pipe organ at the Alexandria Palace in London. I've always felt the Winchester Cathedral

talk to be a piss-take on that. He didn't want to leave the group, just wanted their tour itineraries to take into consideration family life.

John did teach Electronic Compostion at Dartington College of Arts near his home in Devon in 1982.

Take that with a grain of salt. He'd recently filmed his fantasy segment playing the pipe organ at the Alexandria Palace in London. I've always felt the Winchester Cathedral

talk to be a piss-take on that. He didn't want to leave the group, just wanted their tour itineraries to take into consideration family life.

John did teach Electronic Compostion at Dartington College of Arts near his home in Devon in 1982.

ok.. thanx for the info mr.steve :)

Archived