Polishing The Boards

beauregard

On 9/9/2017 at 10:57 AM, gibsonfan159 said:

Perfectly Ok with me. I shared a remaster of Deus Ex through Drive which was taken down by an admin. I can certainly understand why, but it seems moot considering you just need to use a YouTube downloader to get files from YouTube. I asked the admin if I could reshare the folder with the download option turned off and haven't received a reply.

I finally had some time to go through some of the posts on this thread.  Hats off to you on your nice work on these, especially Mobile 1973.  I always enjoy a mix where I can really hear what Jones is doing.  Thanks.

On 9/21/2017 at 7:46 AM, gibsonfan159 said:

Here's one I did of No Quarter from 2/28/1975, Baton Rouge. Again, just adding some reverb, slight delay, and EQ adjustment. If anyone wants the whole show PM me.

Sweet !   Thanks for sharing that one.

On 4/8/2019 at 11:23 AM, strombringer101 said:

Some should remasters the Gallows Pole  Copenhagen 71‘

that version with electric guitar is amazing.

Here's one I did of the Ipswich version. Not a lot of difference, just cleared it up as much as possible.

On 4/9/2019 at 4:25 PM, gibsonfan159 said:

Here's one I did of the Ipswich version. Not a lot of difference, just cleared it up as much as possible.

That really sounds good, the electric arrangement works very well in a live setting. Another mystery why they dropped this and only played a few times when it sounded so damn good live.

On 4/9/2019 at 4:25 PM, gibsonfan159 said:

Much better. I am happy with this. Yeah I know I bitched about Bootlegs sounding terrible, but man this version kicked my ass. Thank you for clearing this up a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my completed remaster of 6/15/1972 Uniondale, NY. 

This is an excellent show with both Plant and Page in top form. It does require slight bootleg ears but clears up nicely on some songs. This one was tough because 1- it's a distant audience source that's heavy on the right channel, and 2- the tapers were moving around a lot, so I had to adjust the EQ accordingly for each song ( I focused on achieving the best sound for each song instead of making it all consistent). I balanced the heavy-panned right channel by doubling it and adding it to the left channel. On the tracks that were clear enough I created two completely separate channels and layered them for a stereo effect (Black Dog, Dazed, and WLL). I hope I made this awesome show more listenable.

6 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Here's my completed remaster of 6/15/1972 Uniondale, NY. 

This is an excellent show with both Plant and Page in top form. It does require slight bootleg ears but clears up nicely on some songs. This one was tough because 1- it's a distant audience source that's heavy on the right channel, and 2- the tapers were moving around a lot, so I had to adjust the EQ accordingly for each song ( I focused on achieving the best sound for each song instead of making it all consistent). I balanced the heavy-panned right channel by doubling it and adding it to the left channel. On the tracks that were clear enough I created two completely separate channels and layered them for a stereo effect (Black Dog, Dazed, and WLL). I hope I made this awesome show more listenable.

Can't wait to check it out!  Thanks for doing it!