The NBA 2017-2018 Thread

chef free

Lebron has joined the Lakers.  4 years and $154 million!!!!  I still think there are at least 5 teams that can beat them no sweat.  Boston, Philly,  Houston, New Orleans with the return of Cousins and of course, the Golden St Warriors.     We do not yet know if Durant is returning but its likely.  I say that in the West New Orleans is the biggest threat to GS.  And in the East, Boston gets back Heward and Kyrie.  Philly is not finished and is loaded.  Maybe add OKC to the list.  Just landed George.  But the Pelicans with Cousins are scary

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2018-nba-free-agency-lebron-james-lakers-agree-to-four-year-154-million-deal/

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Lebron to the Lakers = Pujols to the Angels. Much ado about nothing. The guy is going to be 34 ferchrissakes. Golden State and Houston have nothing to worry about.

Except the Pelicans and the Celtics and 76ers.  And $154  for 4 years for a guy this deep in his career is not nothing.

10 hours ago, Remi said:

They are still not the favorite of the competition

Not yet.  But the Lakers will draw a star or two to join him now that he is there, you can count on that.  I think the Pelicans are a team to really look out for with Cousins coming back.  Houston are overated.  Golden st are the team to beat but is Durant staying?  Just imagine if Lebron had gone to the Pelicans!  OMG.  Golden st would not be able to beat them.  Houston?  Even.  He would have problems with Harden.  Both of them are ball control freaks.  In LA he wont have to worry.  But he does not have a deep enough unit to win it all yet.  Not unless they get a big name or two like Leonard, but I hear the 76ers are close to getting him and that makes them very dangerous.

Archived