What other bands are we all into?

Nechtology

are there anybody whom likes Lenny Kravitz, I`ve been into Lenny for few yrs now, cool albums each having its own magical, special, value... he is a great live musician too!.

I only know the one song by him, Going my Way? (I think). Good song. One of my brothers is a big fan. He saw Lenny live many years ago. The Black Crowes opened the show. My brother said the Black Crowes sucked, but he described Lenny Kratiz as 'Electrifying', and my brother rarely uses words like that. LOL I used to have a CD he did, I think it was called '5'. Pretty good.

Julian Lennon 12'' remixes. And you're they guy who can't figure out why Jimi Hendrix is significant. Maybe it's because you have an aversion to talent and timeless songs.

I never said I can't figure out why Jimi Hendrix is significant, I said that I felt his abilities have been greatly exaggerated when comparing him to Jimmy Page...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3PXqsPKzLE

However you want to word it, you don't understand Jimi's contributions and refuse to afford him the respect he's due. If anything, as time goes on he becomes more underestimated and misunderstood. If you really want to know how Jimmy became JIMI, research what his contemporaries have had to say about him. He was the living breathing black American bluesman/Johnny B. Goode they had all been emulating. He was the direct link to Chuck Berry, Muddy Waters, and Robert Johnson. Not to mention how he revolutionized the use of volume, feedback, foot pedals, the whammy bar, and recording techniques and was a stunning songwriter and performer. The truth is Hendrix paved the modern hard rock road that Jimmy Page and many others have walked.

Jimi's abilities have been greatly exaggerated.

Wow.

If you need to escape serious thinking with lightweight eighties pop music, well, do what you got to do. Needing to tear Hendrix down to build Page up is, to put it nicely, unnecessary and weird.

However you want to word it, you don't understand Jimi's contributions and refuse to afford him the respect he's due. If anything, as time goes on he becomes more underestimated and misunderstood. If you really want to know how Jimmy became JIMI, research what his contemporaries have had to say about him. He was the living breathing black American bluesman/Johnny B. Goode they had all been emulating. He was the direct link to Chuck Berry, Muddy Waters, and Robert Johnson. Not to mention how he revolutionized the use of volume, feedback, foot pedals, the whammy bar, and recording techniques and was a stunning songwriter and performer. The truth is Hendrix paved the modern hard rock road that Jimmy Page and many others have walked.

Jimi's abilities have been greatly exaggerated.

Wow.

If you need to escape serious thinking with lightweight eighties pop music, well, do what you got to do. Needing to tear Hendrix down to build Page up is, to put it nicely, unnecessary and weird.

No one was tearing up Hendrix, relax dude, I just wondered, if had lived, would he still be regarded as the God he turned into in death that was all...I will disagree 100% as would others around here that Hendrix paved the road that Page walked...

Why should I relax about something I have a sincere passion for. This is a discussion forum and i'm responding to other posts. Is that a problem for you? That's the second post i've seen where you've contradicted yourself.

You posted - "does anyone really believe if he had lived he would be treated in the same manner as this God who once roamed the world that he became in death?"

and responded with - "I never said I can't figure out why Jimi Hendrix is significant"

You posted - "I felt his abilities have been greatly exaggerated"

and responded with - "No one was tearing up Hendrix"

For whatever reason that you won't own up to, you have a problem with Hendrix. OK. Maybe he ain't your cup of tea. Who cares. Does your opinion mean anything outside of your post on this forum? No. Despite this, you feel the need to broadcast your half-baked, kneejerk ideas to the masses. Do you understand actions and reactions? I gave you a quick history lesson as a counterpoint and all you've got for me is a "relax, dude". Well played, I guess.

And yes, Jimmy Page is great. The bestest ever. Thanks for that most insightful observation, dude. And by all means, please go on and on about Julian Lennon's cultural impact and tell me more about how his dad was a total asshole. About how John Lennon was a total asshole.

Maybe you're one of those people who confuses being a true individual with just being obstinate.

Hendrix,Rush,Focus,Purple,Rainbow,Sabbath,Dream Theater,Wishbone Ash,Tull,Opeth,Night wish,Within temptation,ELP,Budgie,Groundhogs,Grateful Dead,Quicksiver Messenger Service,Satriani,Van Halen,Enya,Porcupine Tree,Steve Wilson and any old blues and jazz.Being a guitarist(age 52)I first heard Hank Marvin and Duane Eddy and Charlie Byrd.

Why should I relax about something I have a sincere passion for. This is a discussion forum and i'm responding to other posts. Is that a problem for you? That's the second post i've seen where you've contradicted yourself.

You posted - "does anyone really believe if he had lived he would be treated in the same manner as this God who once roamed the world that he became in death?"

and responded with - "I never said I can't figure out why Jimi Hendrix is significant"

You posted - "I felt his abilities have been greatly exaggerated"

and responded with - "No one was tearing up Hendrix"

For whatever reason that you won't own up to, you have a problem with Hendrix. OK. Maybe he ain't your cup of tea. Who cares. Does your opinion mean anything outside of your post on this forum? No. Despite this, you feel the need to broadcast your half-baked, kneejerk ideas to the masses. Do you understand actions and reactions? I gave you a quick history lesson as a counterpoint and all you've got for me is a "relax, dude". Well played, I guess.

And yes, Jimmy Page is great. The bestest ever. Thanks for that most insightful observation, dude. And by all means, please go on and on about Julian Lennon's cultural impact and tell me more about how his dad was a total asshole. About how John Lennon was a total asshole.

Maybe you're one of those people who confuses being a true individual with just being obstinate.

Hey as Ringo Starr would say, "Peace and Luv, Peace and Luv", let the opprobrium go. I'm generally happy that you have a passion for Jimi. You win!

• 3 weeks later...

The usual suspects for someone my age (born in 1959):

The Who

Queen

The Doobie Brothers

Pink Floyd

Supertramp

Deep Purple (Mark I, II, and III)

The Doors

Kansas

Styx

Kool & The Gang