What other bands are we all into?

Nechtology

Hosted elsewhere or not, at least now there's a limitation on file size for photos so they're automaticaly reduced when posted. I'm glad that was finally fixed, especially for those that insisted upon putting huge ass photos in as part of their sig files. It was particularly irritating when those people would post frequently in the same thread, thus posting the same tired-ass old photograph over and over again.

I know anything going thru LZ's server must use some bandwidth...certainly...but I KNOW that one of the mods said to me, on the old board mind you, that the significance of bandwidth usage was reduced from outside 'hoster's'.....

and yeah....I can't stand ultra super-repeated quotings of the same pictures...ESPECIALLY right after posts containing photo's on the SAME page !! :huh:

Oh well....maybe this thread will get back on topic....:D

I can't contribute...the band's I'm into are so extensive....I may take up too much bandwidth !! :lol: Besides, all one has to do is look at the "what are you listening to" threads to see that result... ;)

Off the top of my head....

The Beatles

Pink Floyd

The Rolling Stones

Miles Davis

John Coltrane

Charles Mingus

Love

Bob Dylan

Jimi Hendrix

The Who

Queen

Can

Neu!

Faust

Keith Jarret

Nick Drake

Allman Brothers

Steely Dan

Stevie Wonder

Little Feat

Van Morrison

Bruce Springsteen

Bob Marley

The Clash

Public Image Limated

Joy Division/New Order

Talking Heads

Michael Jackson

U2

Vangelis

Penguin Cafe Orchestra

Joe Hisashi

Talk Talk

REM

The Smiths

Spacemen 3/Spiritualized

Jesus and Mary Chain

Guns & Roses

The Stone Roses

The Happy Mondays

Mercury Rev

Orbital

Shack/Michael Head

Ozric Tenticles

Oasis

Radiohead

The Verve

Primal Scream

Massive Attack

Air

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I've never thought of plain text hogging bandwidth. Large files such as photos maybe but not text alone.

I didn't know whether that was an issue here or not, but it has been an issue on my usual board, so I simply felt guilty out of habit, I guess. Sorry if I confused anyone by my remark.

Leon Hendrix's band (yep, Jimi's bro!!!!)

434214345_l.jpg

Hmm...

I have never heard this guy's music but if I had such a famous, talented and legendary sibling, I think personally that would make me even more determined to make an individual name for myself, not just bask in the glory of my brother...which is what that picture smacks of to me.

Seriously...Jimi t-shirt, same guitar...you'd think he was just riding on the back of Jimi's fame, so to speak.

What's his music like?

Hmm...

I have never heard this guy's music but if I had such a famous, talented and legendary sibling, I think personally that would make me even more determined to make an individual name for myself, not just bask in the glory of my brother...which is what that picture smacks of to me.

Seriously...Jimi t-shirt, same guitar...you'd think he was just riding on the back of Jimi's fame, so to speak.

What's his music like?

I believe in Rod the Mod's cool tune Every picture tells a story, BUT don't let a mere photo make you stray, hehehheheheh!! Leon has kept his family name...true....but he's NOT A JIMI CLONE if that's what you're worried about. If you're looking for wimpy pop music, then you WON't like Leon's music because he's ROCK, BLUES and PSYCHEDELIA to the bone. Check him out, he's got his own website and Myspace page too.....check him and his band out....you won't be disappointed :).

[PS - out of the Hendrix family, Leon got the crumbs after Jimi's death!].

I believe in Rod the Mod's cool tune Every picture tells a story, BUT don't let a mere photo make you stray, hehehheheheh!! Leon has kept his family name...true....but he's NOT A JIMI CLONE if that's what you're worried about. If you're looking for wimpy pop music, then you WON't like Leon's music because he's ROCK, BLUES and PSYCHEDELIA to the bone. Check him out, he's got his own website and Myspace page too.....check him and his band out....you won't be disappointed :).

[PS - out of the Hendrix family, Leon got the crumbs after Jimi's death!].

No, I am not after "wimpy pop music". :rolleyes:

Although your description of his music as "rock, blues and psychedelia" couldn't really be more Hendrix, to be honest, could it?

I just think...if it were me, I'd probably think the same sorta thing as Jeff Buckley did about being likened to his father. I'd wanna make a name for myself, and be known as an individual. And of course with a famous relative that's gonna be a lot harder than it is without one, which would in a lot of cases instill even more determination, I expect.

Anyway...cheers, I'll go and check out some of his stuff on his MySpace. :)

[PS - I know, I have seen documentaries and read books and that. ;)]

No, I am not after "wimpy pop music". :rolleyes:

Although your description of his music as "rock, blues and psychedelia" couldn't really be more Hendrix, to be honest, could it?

I just think...if it were me, I'd probably think the same sorta thing as Jeff Buckley did about being likened to his father. I'd wanna make a name for myself, and be known as an individual. And of course with a famous relative that's gonna be a lot harder than it is without one, which would in a lot of cases instill even more determination, I expect.

Anyway...cheers, I'll go and check out some of his stuff on his MySpace. :)

[PS - I know, I have seen documentaries and read books and that. ;)]

I know where you're comin' from :). Rock, blues and psychedelia yes, but Leon's own style is there. I feel Leon respects his bro a lot too.

Rob

I know where you're comin' from :). Rock, blues and psychedelia yes, but Leon's own style is there. I feel Leon respects his bro a lot too.

Rob

I've had a listen...he has certainly got his own style, but the influence of Jimi is definitely there!

Jimi is like...all over his MySpace though...I mean, yeah...be proud -be VERY proud, but if I were to meet Leon I would tell him he should big up himself more!

Haha.

I've had a listen...he has certainly got his own style, but the influence of Jimi is definitely there!

Jimi is like...all over his MySpace though...I mean, yeah...be proud -be VERY proud, but if I were to meet Leon I would tell him he should big up himself more!

Haha.

I interpret all that JIMI stuff on his page as RESPECT for the man Jimi and the bro Jimi! :)......can't say much for Jimi's sister.

Rob

Deep Purple;

Uriah Heep;

Black Sabbath;

Queen;

Pink Floyd;

The Beatles;

The Clash:

Aina;

Rhapsody of Fire (Luca Turilli);

Stratovarius

Manowar;

Wolfmother;

Metallica:

White Stripes;

Gorillaz;

The Offspring;

I am going to stay away from all the classic bands I love and list a few newer independent artists.These are up and comming heavy blues rockers.

Joe Bonamassa

Lance Lopez

Philip Sayce

Albert Cummings

Craig Erickson

Eric Gales

Too many of the 70's bands that have already been mentioned over and over so I will submit these

Does anyone remember Manfred Mann's Earthband?

Yes, I do. At least a couple of their tunes were totally inescapable back in the days of listening to Classic Rock radio. Thankfully XM's Deep Tracks steers completely clear of those songs and plays lots of other stuff by them instead. Very refreshing.

Yes, I do. At least a couple of their tunes were totally inescapable back in the days of listening to Classic Rock radio. Thankfully XM's Deep Tracks steers completely clear of those songs and plays lots of other stuff by them instead. Very refreshing.

There first album was a great one, Cris Slade really featured. Do you know if it's available on cd ?

Archived