2019 NHL season

LedZeppfan1977

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 12:29 PM, hummingbird69 said:

Hot Damn!!   I can't believe the Bruins won that game!  Finally getting rid of tukka gave them a jump. Did anybody see the hit mcavoy landed on Stall!! Took out their best player. I hope they keep it up.

Boston wont win anything. But the Blues just made it tough on themselves.  Must win next two.  Someone could win this that normally would not win.  I do not think it will be much respect to the winner

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Boston wont win anything. But the Blues just made it tough on themselves.  Must win next two.  Someone could win this that normally would not win.  I do not think it will be much respect to the winner

Wow, dim view of the Presidents trophy winner.  I highly doubt that any of the players who lose will have any less respect for the winner than they already do.  Vegas and the Avs are the teams to watch and if any team will be the spoiler it will be the Bruins.

19 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Wow, dim view of the Presidents trophy winner.  I highly doubt that any of the players who lose will have any less respect for the winner than they already do.  Vegas and the Avs are the teams to watch and if any team will be the spoiler it will be the Bruins.

I agree with Colorado.  They likely would play Vegas for the West as well as they are playing. Never count the Blues out though.  The Western team should win the Cup.  I think Montreal might force game 7 based on the last game.  I am counting on the Blues to win tonight.  Boston has Carolina's number.  I cant stand Carolina after they stole the Cup from My Sabres in 06.  I just do not think Boston is good enough to win it all.  Colorado certainly has a shot and so does Vegas but I would watch out for Dallas too.  i had Calgary beating them but they have seemed to have woken up. If Bishop can be his normal self in goal, they could be dangerous too.

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I agree with Colorado.  They likely would play Vegas for the West as well as they are playing. Never count the Blues out though.  The Western team should win the Cup.  I think Montreal might force game 7 based on the last game.  I am counting on the Blues to win tonight.  Boston has Carolina's number.  I cant stand Carolina after they stole the Cup from My Sabres in 06.  I just do not think Boston is good enough to win it all.  Colorado certainly has a shot and so does Vegas but I would watch out for Dallas too.  i had Calgary beating them but they have seemed to have woken up. If Bishop can be his normal self in goal, they could be dangerous too.

How is it that you feel a team that was going to end up with well over 100 points (which is what they already had ) isn't good enough to win the cup?  Last year it was tuukka rasks crappy play at the end of the 1st period that cost the Bs the cup. I am so glad he is not playing. If the Bs get back to the type of play they were at then they have a great chance of winning the cup because they play a more physical game than the west but it' definitely up for grabs.

8 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Dang!! Vancouver is on a roll.  I don't see enough desperation in the Blues.   This is an elimination game and no matter what as a player and Team your should be trying to win the Stanley cup period.

I think when you win, like Washington and St Louis did recently, you lose the drive.  You know you have done it and the urgency is not there.  There will be much reshuffling of the decks next year.  This damn virus has turned the world on its head

First Don Cherry. Then Jeremy Roeneck. Now Mike Milbury is getting flack from NBC and NHL for some innocuous comment. Pretty soon you won't be able to say anything. What a joke. 

Edited by Strider

10 hours ago, Strider said:

First Don Cherry. Then Jeremy Roeneck. Now Mike Milbury is getting flack from NBC and NHL for some innocuous comment. Pretty soon you won't be able to say anything. What a joke. 

To be fair, Don Cherry's remarks were necessary and I believe they should be protected. Remembrance Day is no joke to millions of people.  Roenick's comments were pretty stupid and he should have been removed for it but not for any relation to a movement but because it was rude and in bad taste in the workplace. Milbury's comment was absolutely nothing. This is where the left wants to take us.

Edited by hummingbird69

On 8/23/2020 at 8:14 AM, hummingbird69 said:

To be fair, Don Cherry's remarks were necessary and I believe they should be protected.Remembrance Day is no joke to millions of people.  Roenick's comments were pretty stupid and he should have been removed for it but not for any relation to a movement but because it was rude and in bad taste in the workplace. Milbury's comment was absolutely nothing. This is where the left wants to take us.

That was my point. That Don Cherry was right in what he said and shouldn't have been fired. Roeneck's might have been stupid but ultimately that is between his wife and himself. I love Weir & Lapinsky on NBC's ice skating coverage and they say silly innuendo-filled comments all the time. It's hypocritical to fire Roeneck and not Weir.

Edited by Strider