What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

I was just watching the Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Rainbow on Youtube.

Someone's Done the Wizard of Oz - Dark Side of The Moon thing in software, cut it up and put it on Youtube. Wasn't quite as cool as I remembered from 10 years ago, but

The Great Gig In The Sky Sequence is really good. (part 3 or 4)

Despite the horrid bitrate required to fit these segments into youtube limits.

here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmCfvcfHwKA...feature=related

That should work.

Oh Yeah ? Do you have the Mahavischnu Orchestra's set of that evening too ? Cause the jam when I saw them was at the end of M.O's set....they were the headliners. Your taper mustlve just added that part then...if he didn't record the M.O. too.

How's your recording ? Mine's nice, but a few generations from the master...

Nice aligning of the listening spirits rockthang.......:D

Yeah and then your Primus cover of PF and my PF/WOO above too. (Speaking of synchronicity!) :D

The Mahavishnu set wasn't included in the Jeff Beck set I got. Too bad, I'd certainly like to hear that too.

The recording is good. Not spectacular, but listenable and clear. I can hear everything Beck is playing. I've certainly sat through worse and more than once at that. :)

This is the info I got (Caps Lock sic)

JEFF BECK

AVERY FISHER HALL,

NEW YORK,NY,USA

APRIL 30,1975

JEFF BECK - GUITAR

WILBUR BASCOMB - BASS

BERNARD PURDIE - DRUMS

MAX MIDDLETON - KEYBOARDS

JOHN MCLAUGHLIN ** - GUITAR

1-TUNING

2-CONSTIPATED DUCK

3-SHE'S A WOMAN

4-FREEWAY JAM >

5-DEFINITELY MAYBE

6-SUPERSTITION

7-KEYBOARD SOLO >

8-CAUSE WE'VE ENDED AS LOVERS

9-POWER

10-YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

11-CROWD

12-GOT THE FEELING **

CASSETTE AUD MASTER > REEL >

M-AUDIO TRANSIT > COOL EDIT >

CD WAVE EDITOR > FLAC

Have a Cigar

Primus

from Miscellaneous Debris

I honestly like this version better than Pink Floyd's. ;)

Definitely a great cover version in my book.

I'd almost agree that it's better than the original, but

there's no Roy Harper :)

no quarter-tsrts

damn, my dog is still under the table....definately shook up from something. very odd.

Wow, I hope your dog has recovered. That's a strange thing to come home to.

Got The Feeling - Mahavishnu Orchestra with Jeff Beck, AVERY FISHER HALL,

NEW YORK,NY,USA, APRIL 30,1975

CASSETTE AUD MASTER > REEL >

M-AUDIO TRANSIT > COOL EDIT >

CD WAVE EDITOR > FLAC

Joelmon, on second listen, this has to be Mahavishnu with Beck rather than the other way round. Good call. Thanks for straightening me out. :)

I clearly hear a violin and that drumming....

Also, the mix is different.

The bass guitar is there, but rather... plucky and much lower in the mix for Jeff's set, but very bassy and just as loud as the guitars (louder than Jeff Beck's maybe) for the last track.

Someone's pulled a fast one here :) not unusual.

22:48 - Peter Broetzmann Chicago Tentet @ Konfrontationen Nickelsdorf 2003-07-19+20

Peter Broetzmann .... reeds

Mats Gustafsson .... reeds

Ken Vandermark .... reeds

Mars Williams .... reeds

Joe McPhee .... reeds,tp

Jeb Bishop .... tb

Kent Kessler .... b

Fred Lonberg-Holm .... cello

Hamid Drake .... dr,perc

Michael Zerang .... dr,perc

CD 1 - saturday 19.07.03 [68:53]

1] 22:48

2+3] 15:45 + 12:41 (PB bass-sax on [3])

4] 18:03

source: own aud.rec., good center position

lineage: sony ECM929-LT + SharpMD > CDR > flac

I didn't know if maybe they were alternating headlining the shows.....that's happened before with bands in the past....but I just know when I saw them..yeah...Jeff came out for the M.O.'s encore and jammed !! I was onstage right behind Jeff Beck...next to Narada Michael Walden and his kickass drumming !! Great memories....:)

Yeah, the band feels really different for that last track, especially the drumming. Like you said, they could have alternated, but when I listened closely I started thinking the show you saw was probably the same.

The big giveaway (which I heard after I made the last post) was a guy in the crowd screaming,

"Mahavishnu! Mahavisnhu Number One!" over and over. :):lol:

Sabir Mateen Group at Tonic, NYC 2006, 09 29 or possible the 12th, depending on which info...

It was like a shootout between the duelling guitarists !! And McLaughlin was definately firing much faster rounds.....still tasty of course, but maybe Beck was just trying to save ammo !!! :lol:

I found it odd that M.O. headlined actually. They weren't nearly as popular as Jeff Beck. And remember, the show you were referencing was late April....the show I was AT was June 11. I've tried finding a tape of that show....to no avail....:(

Too many shows for the tapers to keep up with :lol:

Yeah, between April and June they may have switched things up a bit, but the guy yelling out Mahavishnu kind of leads me to believe that Jeff was joining them, as you said. No word from the source, but obviously he thinks it's McLaughlin joining Beck, otherwise he wouldn't have written it that way. :lol: Google here I come... maybe tomorrow... feeling sleepy. Gotta find the real info on that Sabir Mateen gig too.