When rock and roll lived it had a name ... Led Zeppelin

SK1

This was a poster from maybe the 70's.... have only seen it once years and years ago was so I'm a bit blurry with the details. Does anyone else know this one, or has a picture of it to refresh my memory?

Definitely not something from the 1970s. Rock 'n' roll was alive and well then so that phrase would have sounded ridiculous to anyone living in the 1970s…or 1980s, for that matter. This sounds like something cooked up for the Millennial market, if it ever existed at all.

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Definitely not something from the 1970s. Rock 'n' roll was alive and well then so that phrase would have sounded ridiculous to anyone living in the 1970s…or 1980s, for that matter. This sounds like something cooked up for the Millennial market, if it ever existed at all.

Plus, when rock and roll lived its name was money, sex, & drugs. Kinda like Manbearpig but separated. No single band was soooo good to claim such a lofty title.

4 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Plus, when rock and roll lived its name was money, sex, & drugs. Kinda like Manbearpig but separated. No single band was soooo good to claim such a lofty title.

Where did that term "sex, drugs and rock and roll" orginate from. 

In addition to what others have noted above, I don't see how this could have been in the 70s.  Zeppelin released an album in 1979 that was on the charts for most of the fall that year (and all over the radio throughout 1980).  They toured in 1980 with scheduled dates in the US in fall 1980.  So unless the poster meant to say that Zeppelin in 1979 was not rock and roll, I can't figure out how this could possibly make any sense.

15 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Good question, I have no clue but as a 53 year old dude I remember hearing the term back in the mid-70's.

Hm. However I am 99 percent sure that term was used to coin the "dangerous" band in the world - The Rolling Stones. 

8 hours ago, LedZep123 said:

Hm. However I am 99 percent sure that term was used to coin the "dangerous" band in the world - The Rolling Stones. 

Could be, makes sense as they were really the first band seriously busted for drugs in the 60's. Other bands / musicians had been busted for dope going way back, especially the Jazz musicians but nothing was as public, or caused the stir that the bust at Keith Richards house did in 1967. That was huge at the time, on every newspaper front page.

Funny when looking back today that was tame compared to what the punks later did, and nothing compared to what those crazy Scandinavian Black Metal bands were up to.

3 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Could be, makes sense as they were really the first band seriously busted for drugs in the 60's. Other bands / musicians had been busted for dope going way back, especially the Jazz musicians but nothing was as public, or caused the stir that the bust at Keith Richards house did in 1967. That was huge at the time, on every newspaper front page.

Funny when looking back today that was tame compared to what the punks later did, and nothing compared to what those crazy Scandinavian Black Metal bands were up to.

True. About the KR bust, from what I've heard about it, is that previously the police had tried to bust Mick Jagger, however he was in Italy with Marianne Faithfull. This was kind of revenge for the police. 

Not 100% sure that's true though. 

2 hours ago, LedZep123 said:

True. About the KR bust, from what I've heard about it, is that previously the police had tried to bust Mick Jagger, however he was in Italy with Marianne Faithfull. This was kind of revenge for the police. 

Not 100% sure that's true though. 

Keith's dealer was turned by the local police and it was the dealer who tipped off the cops. When they arrived (cops) they let the dealer go and, let him leave with his stash! They only busted the boys. It was crazy the cops got away with that, then again, 1967 UK.