CHICAGO (July 1973)

SteveAJones

On 9/23/2021 at 1:14 AM, sam_webmaster said:

Great pics.  I'm sending these to Carl Dunn. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have these ones anymore.

Seriously? I'd be surprised he doesn't have them anymore. I must have more than two dozen of his Chicago '73 shots in this box. Some are quite neat...Roy Harper milling around before the show...Robert Plant engrossed in conversation with a couple of young women in a backstage area. All were acquired in 1996 as part of a bulk photo assortment purchase...perhaps 1,500 shots in total. Most are '83-'86 solo era Page though.

2 hours ago, ledzepfilm said:

These look like the July 6 show - maybe the ending of Moby Dick (Page loosely forming a D chord, with both him and Plant to the side of the stage perhaps watching Bonham)?

I see your logic and agree!

Coincidentally, in the photo print sequence these shots immediately follow Bonham's solo. I do not know if the photo print sequence matches the sequence on the negatives. 

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

I see your logic and agree!

Coincidentally, in the photo print sequence these shots immediately follow Bonham's solo. I do not know if the photo print sequence matches the sequence on the negatives. 

Would love to see the other prints from this show if you’d be able to share!