2021 NBA Season

chef free

Watching Giannis and Tatum go at it was kind of like Bird vs. Dominique in the 1988 playoffs. Boston has to be glad to be rid of that Kyrie "flat-earth no-shot" bum. Happy that loser got knocked out of the playoffs.

And bye-bye Chris Paul! Go make some more of your crappy All-State commercials with your other All-State losers Aaron Rodgers and James Harden.

Boston vs. Miami in the East.

Golden State vs. Dallas in the West.

Hmmm. I think I'll go with Boston and Golden State.

On 5/17/2022 at 8:29 PM, Strider said:

Well, Paul's team just received a break. Boston will be without two starters in Game 1 tonight. Smart is out with a foot injury and Horford is out because of Covid protocols. 

https://www.nba.com/news/celtics-marcus-smart-game-1-status

Boston should bounce back if they get one guy back.  I expect Dallas to put up a better fight but it not likely they can beat them. I have a wager on a Boston vs Golden State final I put in some time ago and the odds were good.  I think they had Phoenix as the favorite in the West.  Boston was +480

This take aged like a glass of milk in the hot sun.

“He's owed $95 million over the next three years, starting next year. It's unspeakable the Warriors did this. … It's over for them now. We will never see Steph in another NBA finals again."

This is why I don't watch sports television anymore, whether it is the jerks at ESPN or Skip Bayless and the goofballs on Fox. It is not because they are wrong. Everyone makes mistakes. But they are often LOUD WRONG and the more they are wrong the more they seem to be rewarded for their transgressions. A douchebag like Nick Wrong should never be allowed on television, ever. He has no credentials, no expertise, no class, nothing. He even looks like a total tool.

Edited by Strider

The last time I remember watching Skip and Shannon's show, I believe Skip was roasting Steph Curry and even said James Harden was a better player. I almost spit Mountain Dew all over my laptop when those words came out of Skip's mouth....   😳

Edited by paul carruthers

Congratulations to @chef free's Golden State Warriors! I never doubted they would be back after Steph and Klay got healthy. Suck it Kevin Durant, you big pussy. Couldn't stick it out and be patient in Golden State and thought he could chase another title like Lebron and form a mega team in Brooklyn.

Edited by Strider

On 5/26/2022 at 4:35 PM, paul carruthers said:

Well, if the Heat are done, that just leaves me to root for Golden State to win it all....

Those slimy little weasels the Heat prevented me from cashing my finals prediction of GS and Boston.  I have one more crack at it. The odds were very good. As Phoenix and Milwaukee and NJ were the favs.  I still think Boston will beat them.  I will cheer for Golden State. I have liked them since the days of Rick Barry.  Steph Curry is a great guy to cheer for. Never liked Boston but they are good. I think it goes 6 or 7 and Boston is a real threat to them. Miami? NO>  If they win this game 7 and stick it up my ass, I take Golden State in 5.  They will not put up the fight that Boston will.  Ill take Tatum over Jimmy Butler, not that Jimmy isnt a great player, he is.  Ill take Boston to take game 7.  Im throwing down

It's been 12 years since the last NBA Finals appearance for the Boston Celtics.

It's been a tough road .... through the Nets, Bucks and Heat. This is going to be good.. and what a turnaround from the first half of the season.

47 minutes ago, the chase said:

It's been 12 years since the last NBA Finals appearance for the Boston Celtics.

It's been a tough road .... through the Nets, Bucks and Heat. This is going to be good.. and what a turnaround from the first half of the season.

Good for them and all that. But even though my girlfriend is a Boston fan I cannot cheer for the Celtics as I do not want them passing the Lakers in total titles.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Good for them and all that. But even though my girlfriend is a Boston fan I cannot cheer for the Celtics as I do not want them passing the Lakers in total titles.

I get it. But, I could never root for a team Lebron James is involved with... unless of course they're playing against a team Pat Riley is involved with.. 

1 hour ago, the chase said:

I get it. But, I could never root for a team Lebron James is involved with... unless of course they're playing against a team Pat Riley is involved with.. 

I can dig it.

Warriors are peaking at just the right time!  Klay's undoubtedly "back", Two-Way Wiggs has woken up, Poole's on fire, Looney's averaging a double double, and now Iggy and GPII are ready too!

LET"S GO WARRIORS!!

Edited by chef free

1 hour ago, chef free said:

Warriors are peaking at just the right time!  Klay's undoubtedly "back", Two-Way Wiggs has woken up, Poole's on fire, Looney's averaging a double double, and now Iggy and GPII are ready too!

LET"S GO WARRIORS!!

And Kevin Durant is in Cancun.

I was just wondering--if the Warriors finish the job & get their 4th ring, will that shut Skip Bayless' mouth about how Golden State blew a 3-1 lead to Lebron's Cavaliers way back in 2016?  I know I get tired of hearing that same rattle & drum whenever I watch youtube clips of him & Shannon....

:rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I was just wondering--if the Warriors finish the job & get their 4th ring, will that shut Skip Bayless' mouth about how Golden State blew a 3-1 lead to Lebron's Cavaliers way back in 2016?  I know I get tired of hearing that same rattle & drum whenever I watch youtube clips of him & Shannon....

Lebron never repeated, let alone three-peat.

On 6/1/2022 at 6:01 PM, paul carruthers said:

Nothing will ever shut Skip Bayless's mouth. The most overpaid human on the planet. And every day we have to hear about Dallas. Who cares? They are not significant.  In fact, they will not win the East.  Wash or Philly.  This final is going to be a battle. That is if Golden State can rebound and tie it as expected?  Boston is tough and I have been riding them all of the playoffs.  I put a small wager on them to win it all a while back and i got  a good return on Boston/GS final.  Steph Currry cannot be expected to do it all by himself.  Although that is what it might have to come down to?  Is Thompson going to shoot the ball like he used to?  I want the Warriors to win.  Have always hated Boston.  But the are good.  Back in the day I always cheered for the Lakers when they had Wilt and Jerry West and then  I always loved Rick Barry, won the title in 75 without having a dominant center to go to. 

This will be a real fight. Boston will be in this to the finish. I just hope Golden state is as well. You  an get an idea in the NBA usually the first ten minutes of a game how it may play out. I expect the Warriors to come put flying. Kerr will make adjustments.  But so will Boston when they must.  Lebron is no longer significant either. Put him down next to the Dallas Cowpokes

18 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

If Boston wins Sunday, that may be the nail in the coffin. I definitely didn't have that at the beginning....  

Ill be shocked if Golden state gets beat at home again in game two.  I wont be shocked if Boston wins the series.  But just believe GS should win tonight.

19 hours ago, the chase said:

The Heat won back to back titles in 2012 - 2013... unfortunately.  

These Celtics are deep and young. 

How you been Chase?  i never doubted that Boston would win the East especially after the 76ers went with Harden.  I had Boston and GS in a wager to make the finals months ago. I only wish I had wagered more.  I have a small wager on Boston to win the whole thing. Which they may. But I have to confess I cheer for GS because I like Steph Curry.  And I always loved Rick Barry, a guy who never got enough credit.  It should be a fight to the finish unless GS has problems?  I would expect them to win tonight at the least.  They better if they wish to make it a series.  I think its the old format, 2-3-2?  That saves them many flight miles. 5 1/2 hour flight to the East coast. So I would expect the next 3 are in Boston.  Golden state must win tonight to make this a a series.  Of course they are good on the road, you have to be to be a team that makes the finals. 

Remember this Chase, the AFC East is ours now.

10 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Rick, the playoff format is 2-2-1-1-1, so if there is a Game 5 or 7, Warriors will host, and Game 6 would be in Boston. I can't remember when the NBA got rid of the 2-3-2 format....

I am shocked by that.  So that is tremendous amount of travel.   Here is another way to look at this series, and my hats off to Miami for getting so far without much backing by the so called experts.  Miami takes them 7.  If Miami can take them 7 so can Golden state and in fact Golden state should be able to beat them.  But, losing game 1 is a big deal.  Now the Warriors must get back to working their butts off and no more buying into how good we are.  Did they take the  Celtics and the East a bit lightly?  Maybe not but they were not on their game in game 1.  Curry has to be superman to win this.  And Thomson must show up

Kerr should have Dreymond blanket Tatum

Edited by LedZeppfan1977