DAC 1975

Old Man

This is perhaps the silliest post ever made here.  I love the Woodstock snackes during DAC in the 1975 US tour.  This few minutes is Zep showing why they were the kings.  I don't have the vocubulary to describe the feeling that comes from listening to these unmixed shows that we have.  Wow!! 

Over the years I have often thought myself that, allowing for personal preferences for a particular tour, setlist or whatever, just how plain privileged we all are that so many of the bands shows were recorded and are available for listening too. We can experience the good, bad and sometimes even indifferent nights by the band but we also can relive the magical ones that show that this group were untouchable. 'Dazed and Confused' was often a vehicle, in my opinion, for some of that untouchability and every version I've heard from '75 I've liked.

4 hours ago, Old Man said:

This is perhaps the silliest post ever made here.  I love the Woodstock snackes during DAC in the 1975 US tour.  This few minutes is Zep showing why they were the kings.  I don't have the vocubulary to describe the feeling that comes from listening to these unmixed shows that we have.  Wow!! 

There may be a mixed version of 3/21/75 around eventually, if I ever finish it.

And there's already a mixed version of the full 3/11/75 show. Send me a PM for the link, if you're interested.

Edited by SteveZ98

14 hours ago, Old Man said:

The recording and performance of the Woodstock segment at Earls Court on the 25th (it could be the 24th though) is wonderful. Atmospheric and beautifully captured on the audience recording. The echo of the arena just adds to the eeriness of the night. 

On 7/3/2022 at 7:50 PM, SteveZ98 said:

There may be a mixed version of 3/21/75 around eventually, if I ever finish it.

And there's already a mixed version of the full 3/11/75 show. Send me a PM for the link, if you're interested.

Both these remind me just how great SteveZ really is! Much respect my friend. 

9 hours ago, Ian Smith said:

Both these remind me just how great SteveZ really is! Much respect my friend. 

Thanks. I've been working on that 3/21/75 show for a long time, and realized recently that I needed to start again from scratch. Not sure how long it will take to complete, but that performance is so good that I want to make sure I get it right.

9 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

Thanks. I've been working on that 3/21/75 show for a long time, and realized recently that I needed to start again from scratch. Not sure how long it will take to complete, but that performance is so good that I want to make sure I get it right.

Hey mate, I find the guitar in Kashmir so buried it is almost unlistenable. I'm wondering how you are approaching this.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, rm2551 said:

Hey mate, I find the guitar in Kashmir so buried it is almost unlistenable. I'm wondering how you are approaching this.

The software I use puts the guitar and keyboards in the same track, so I cannot adjust the level of one without making the other louder as well. I can use EQ to try to separate them so I can modify their volumes separately, but I've had limited success with that in the past.

13 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

Can hardly wait to hear it Steve. Much like Forrest Gump I will sit here waiting........😜