2023-2024 NFL Season Thread

Walter

Most of Motown woke up Christmas Day quite content.  Looking forward to this weekend's game in Dallas, as there really isn't much to lose.  Most people seem to think the Lions don't have a chance in the playoffs, but I've watched enough football to know that if you can run, you have a chance against anybody.

No offense Rick, and I do root for the Bills, but I think your defense is the dirtiest unit in the league.

I like Jake Browning, but he needs some serious lessons in taking care of the football.  It's not your job to make something out of nothing.  Throw the ball away!        

1 hour ago, custard pie man said:

Mahomey is getting worse as season drags on, doesn't seem to have the confidence, wonder whats up with him this year?

He's trying too hard to show off-off for Taylor Swift, plus he's jealous Kelce has the billion dollar girlfriend. 
Mahomey digs blondes. It's messin' with his head...

18 hours ago, gcczep said:

Wilson to be benched for the final two games with Denver. Getting the Derek Carr treatment. Ironically, Stidham will get the nod.

I think Denver has  almost no chance for playoff with  terrible loss to Pats, Wilson is due for  huge guaranteed payment next year, before Peyton took job and seems Peyton is making sure Wilson is healthy for possible trade or perhaps  renegotiate deal or simply see if backup can play, Wilson had a nice bounce back year with Peyton as coach, good numbers not a lot of weapons, so will see where this goes

3 hours ago, custard pie man said:

I think Denver has  almost no chance for playoff with  terrible loss to Pats, Wilson is due for  huge guaranteed payment next year, before Peyton took job and seems Peyton is making sure Wilson is healthy for possible trade or perhaps  renegotiate deal or simply see if backup can play, Wilson had a nice bounce back year with Peyton as coach, good numbers not a lot of weapons, so will see where this goes

The financial ramifications have been discussed by various sports shows. It does make sense even if they are owned by the Walton-Penner group. Wilson did write a response looking like he's moving on. 

On 12/26/2023 at 10:34 AM, Bong-Man said:

Most of Motown woke up Christmas Day quite content.  Looking forward to this weekend's game in Dallas, as there really isn't much to lose.  Most people seem to think the Lions don't have a chance in the playoffs, but I've watched enough football to know that if you can run, you have a chance against anybody.

No offense Rick, and I do root for the Bills, but I think your defense is the dirtiest unit in the league.

I like Jake Browning, but he needs some serious lessons in taking care of the football.  It's not your job to make something out of nothing.  Throw the ball away!        

Who specifically?  They lost several all pro starters including Matt Milano.  They have been Better of late .  I believe Detroit will score points but I think Dallas wins this time because they will be desperate. And have won 15 in a row at home.  We need the Ravens to beat Miami to have a shot at division.   Otherwise WC.  They should take care of NE.  I don’t get why the Rams line has dropped to 5.5.  I believe Detroit is dangerous but nobody respects their defense,  I’m sure they will draft defense first.  

Goff once again shows why he can't be trusted. If Detroit's run game is clicking and their defense shows up, they have a chance to maybe win a game or two in the playoffs. But if they have to rely on Goff to make throws, forget it. He might get lucky on one of every four throws. But the other three will be intercepted or thrown too short and low for the receiver to do anything. As we saw on that last 2-point conversion.

lifelong cowboys fan and I must say for  all of Romo as qb knew we would never win or get to superbowl for  his choking in big games and feel Dak is same way especially if on road but now after last night i'm convinced this idiot head coach will keep cowboys from getting to  the big game, so 2 minutes to  go after 2 minute warning, Lions have 2 timeouts and I had a house full of people screaming to run Pollard 3 straight times, we know line sucks but hell get 10 yards and take a knee or very least make lions burn their timeouts , kick field goal and kick off with 30-40 seconds left well idiot coach calls 3 straight pass plays and Detroit with Goff playing his best on last drive ripped apart cowboys secondary , scored easily and won game with a gutsy 2pt. conversion, except the refs stole this one from  the lions, even after that screwing lions got was very surprised they didn't kick xp, Aikman even said this isn't the game I used to play, hell was hoping with some of the all time cowboy greats there at halftime that perhaps Staubach or Randy White would grab McCarthy by the neck and ask what the hell he was thinking? dude got bailed out by the refs and lions got screwed