The Same Old Rock

Having just enjoyed listening to Robert Plant on UK TV's 'This Morning' I thought I would share my feelings about his comments. Naturally the emphasis was his wonderful collaboration with AK, however it was interesting to note his reaction to questions about a follow up, to the majesty that was the 10th December 2007.

The message received was that although not entirely ruling out any future events, Robert was keen to stress a reluctance to perform for performance sake, which I totally endorse and respect, as he said rightly, the magick has to be there. The impression seemed to be that Robert was digging in his heels for any extensive committment, although leaving open the door for 'special moments'. One wonders if he was perhaps reflecting some recent communications between himself, Jimmy, and JPJ?

Having just enjoyed listening to Robert Plant on UK TV's 'This Morning' I thought I would share my feelings about his comments. Naturally the emphasis was his wonderful collaboration with AK, however it was interesting to note his reaction to questions about a follow up, to the majesty that was the 10th December 2007.

The message received was that although not entirely ruling out any future events, Robert was keen to stress a reluctance to perform for performance sake, which I totally endorse and respect, as he said rightly, the magick has to be there. The impression seemed to be that Robert was digging in his heels for any extensive committment, although leaving open the door for 'special moments'. One wonders if he was perhaps reflecting some recent communications between himself, Jimmy, and JPJ?

yeah, i have new respect for him since he made a valid argument against touring just to tour, I especially liked how he referenced the Stone's tours of late to drive the point home.

yeah, i have new respect for him since he made a valid argument against touring just to tour, I especially liked how he referenced the Stone's tours of late to drive the point home.

Exactly!, If the music did not matter and come from the heart, as it always has for Zeppelin, then it would be so easy to jump on the wrinkly gravy-train and chase their musical shadows around the stadia of the world. Robert and the guys always had more integrity about them.

I sure hope that they have a "special moment" in Minnesota! If not, that's their choice but it sure would make a "special moment" for a lot of us folks here in the heartland! :D

A tour is something that Plant & CO. are going to ponderer very well before deciding.

And I agree when ally says:

They won't do anything on a wim . A new album would be a must before any thoughts of touring.

The same old rock from the same old cocks.

Yeah, they definetly need new material or play the songs off of Presence, In through the Out door and Coda that were never played live. Otherwise, its nothing but a greatest hits without any tits tour

im just hoping they do a few one offs around the world and follow it with an album. i think that is more in the cards for us at this point but you never know, Page might want a 1000 city tour before he cant play anymore. Which is understandable as well. And Right now is the best time if any to do a few come backs and show they still own the rock music Sector!

Archived