2023 NFL PICK 'EM POOL

Strider

On 1/8/2024 at 12:50 AM, Strider said:

Congratulations LedZeppfan1977!!! You are the 2023 NFL Pick 'Em champion! :cheer:

Congratulations to Walter!!! You won the week for the 6th time this season...the most of anyone this year. :cheer:

Thanks to everyone who participated this year. Everyone finished above .500  I won't be doing the playoff pool...that'll be up to someone else to take on.

Here are the final numbers.

Week 18 Results 

Walter: 12-4*

custard pie man: 11-5

redrum: 11-5

ebk: 10-6

LedZeppfan1977: 10-6

Bong-Man: 9-7

greengrass: 9-7

jabe: 9-7

paul carruthers: 9-7

Strider: 9-7

Final Season Standings After 272 Games

1. LedZeppfan1977***: 173-99

2. Bong-Man****: 168-104

3. paul carruthers***: 167-105

4. Walter******: 164-108

5. ebk***:162-110

6. custard pie man*: 162-110

7. jabe*****: 159-113

8. Strider**: 159-113

9. redrum****: 155-117

10. greengrass***: 142-130

Number of Week Wins

Walter: 6

jabe: 5

Bong-Man: 4

redrum: 4

ebk: 3

greengrass: 3

LedZeppfan1977: 3

paul carruthers: 3

Strider: 2

custard pie man: 1

Thank you for taking on this challenge yet again and doing such a great job at making it so entertaining. Legend. 

On 1/8/2024 at 11:49 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Thanks.   Congrats to Walter also.  You know Walter, if you read this, no disrespect to others here, but I always considered you my top competition and your weekly wins proves it.  You had the guts to pick the Giants yesterday, who I also bet on, but I only took Philly here as a defensive play.  Knowing Bonger and Paul also took them, they could not gain on me on that game.  Congrats to Bonger for the silver medal.  And to Paul for making a hell of a later run.  My condolences on last nights game Paul.  Josh Allen is superman.  I mean sure he makes some dumb mistakes, especially early in games. But he can fix that.  But when the game is on the line, Ill take him over any QB Ive ever seen.  I hope and believe the Dolphins can win in KC.  But they likely need Tyreak and I would expect they get a couple of bodies back?  The Bills I am praying get Davis and even more, Douglas even though the Bills D really stepped up.  Jackson even played lights out.  And this kid Rapp.    

Last but not least, THANKS TO SEAN FOR DOING THIS  Its time consuming.  So thanks for the great work all season

Thank you Rick. I appreciate your kind words.
I’m very glad you pulled it out and that your Bills are making another run at it for you and the Bills Mafia. Congratulations on your title! :yourock:

32 minutes ago, Walter said:

Oh yeah, I’ll do a playoffs pick pool if anyone wants to join. I’ll put it up tonight or tomorrow. 

I’m in. 👍

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Soon our Orioles should make a move to replace Gibson. And likelyi trade Urias with Holiday coming.  Back to NFL playoffs, there is a very good chance my Bills could be going to Baltimore for a hum dinger of a title game. If it happens, let me know how much the tickets are?  Im sure you have the  connections Esther.  

That's a nice thought, but I have no connections.  We have no clients on either my team or yours, and even if we did, I'm way down the line for favors.  You're on your own there!

On 1/9/2024 at 5:45 PM, Walter said:

Thank you Rick. I appreciate your kind words.
I’m very glad you pulled it out and that your Bills are making another run at it for you and the Bills Mafia. Congratulations on your title! :yourock:

Thanks.  I hear high winds for Sunday.  I’m hoping Bills D continues to play great even without Matt Milano.  The clock should strike midnight on Mason Rudolph.

On 1/9/2024 at 6:43 PM, ebk said:

That's a nice thought, but I have no connections.  We have no clients on either my team or yours, and even if we did, I'm way down the line for favors.  You're on your own there!

Ok.  I understand 

On 9/10/2023 at 3:25 PM, paul carruthers said:

There are still a lot of early games yet to be decided, so I'm either looking pretty good, or it's going to be a bloodbath. How the hell are the Bengals only scoring 3 points against Cleveland???

I’m hoping Miami beats KC.  The cold won’t help as someone on CBS showed Tua has never won a freezing game.  Let me know if you could if they are going to get any of those injured guys back?  I may put them in a parlay or two money line? Already took them once with points.

We have done this Pick 'Em thing 10 times starting with the 2012 season. Five of us have played every time...jabe, LedZeppfan1977, paul carruthers, Walter, and me. Bong-Man and ebk started playing in 2014 and are the only other ones who have played the majority of the 10 NFL Pick 'Ems.

Here are our aggregate totals and our season average from highest to lowest.

1. Bong-Man: 162.7 - 94.7 

7 years for a total of 1,139 - 663

2. Strider: 161.4 - 96.7

10 years 1,614 - 967

3. Walter: 161.2 - 92.1

10 years 1,612 - 921

4. ebk: 159.8 - 99.1

8 years 1,278 - 793

5. jabe: 155.1 - 103

10 years 1,551 - 1,030

6. paul carruthers: 147 - 103.5

10 years 1,470 - 1,035