2023/24 NHL Season

hummingbird69

Caps shut out Vegas!  3 0, Who'd a thought it?  13 3 and 1 very similar to the Bruins record of 12 1 and 2 and tonight Cotter make a totally stupid hit to the head of Kuznetsov  just like McAvoy did a few games ago to Panther's Larsson. McAvoy got a match penalty and Cotter got a match penalty he should get a 4 game suspension also. 

Very similar records so far for Vegas and the Bs weird

So lucic attacked his wife, What a tool!  He was all set to have his last season in Boston and bow out a winner and now he's just another idiot who can't control his rage and ruined his last season.  5e774ab8-57dd-4ca7-8e3e-c06188e602aa_text.gif.9e50bcce417d256d6dbd26305133aa75.gif 

He was more of a rusty nail than anything else anyway.   He wasn't really necessary for the teams success and he wasn't going to do anything more than take up space anyway.

8 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Man the Bruins sure know how to lose a frikkin game!!!!

Boy they cost me a couple of parlays.  My Sabres should get Jack Quinn back any day.  And Tage Thompson could be longer.  Need them both.

You know, I think Boston has this game tonight circled!  They want blood in this Florida game. Now Florida is playing far better than I ever expected.  I still like Boston to win

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Boy they cost me a couple of parlays.  My Sabres should get Jack Quinn back any day.  And Tage Thompson could be longer.  Need them both.

You know, I think Boston has this game tonight circled!  They want blood in this Florida game. Now Florida is playing far better than I ever expected.  I still like Boston to win

I never bet on sports and shit like last night is why.

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Granato has too much faith in Levi.  He should have gone back with Luukenen as he earned the start .  So instead we lose in OT vs a has been bunch.  No doubt Luukenen will or should start vs Pittsburgh tomorrow.  We need Thompson and Quinn back ASAP

Well another loss for Buffalo, Bruins put the Panther down last nigh for their 14th win but it doesn't matter how you start. It only matters how you finish. Bruins are proof positive of this concept. You can play great all season break every record and then suck in the playoffs and then you could be the Panthers who sucked all season squeaked into the playoffs and then failed when they got to the big dance. Which is worse I don't know.

2 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Well another loss for Buffalo, Bruins put the Panther down last nigh for their 14th win but it doesn't matter how you start. It only matters how you finish. Bruins are proof positive of this concept. You can play great all season break every record and then suck in the playoffs and then you could be the Panthers who sucked all season squeaked into the playoffs and then failed when they got to the big dance. Which is worse I don't know.

I bet Boston and Seattle big last night.  Won again.  The Sabres did lose in OT, so they at least get a point. I do not understand how Washington's record is as good as it is.  They are not that good.

7 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Bruins looked ruff today they better play a lot better tomorrow is they want to beat the Rangers.

Boston not playing like last year.  And I don’t think they are as talented as their record was.  I’m picking Rangers today.  Sabres beat Pittsburgh and Luukenen is our best guy in goal moving forward IMO.  But we need Thompson and Quinn.  It’s going to be a few weeks  Two guys we need

2 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Bruins played like shit today again.  Does it matter?? IDK, It seems that all that matters is if you make the playoffs and they probably will. How they do there is another question.

Don’t feel bad.  No Luukenen, Sabres smoked by Lindys rabble. I need Canucks to cash a good day on parlays.   Killed premier league and have Rangers, Kings -1 1/2 and Vancouver both st up and minus 1 1/2.  Have Vegas on another

It's a shame that Buffalo is still on the skids. 3 7 and 1 in their last 11 is not where they want to be.  Bruins looked much better tonight.  Marchand looked more like a captain tonight than any other game so far. I'm not really sold on him as captain and I think he should voluntarily remove the C and wear an A until a better choice comes along. If he cannot do that then he better up his game in more than just scoring. He needs to be a true leader on and off the ice and he has to command respect from other players because right now I don't think many teams have much real respect for him and it's his own fault.   

16 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

It's a shame that Buffalo is still on the skids. 3 7 and 1 in their last 11 is not where they want to be.  Bruins looked much better tonight.  Marchand looked more like a captain tonight than any other game so far. I'm not really sold on him as captain and I think he should voluntarily remove the C and wear an A until a better choice comes along. If he cannot do that then he better up his game in more than just scoring. He needs to be a true leader on and off the ice and he has to command respect from other players because right now I don't think many teams have much real respect for him and it's his own fault.   

They need Thompson and Quinn back yesterday.  Those two can make a huge difference.  I hope they don’t fire Granato.  But hope they fire Adams.  
Boston back on track after rallying vs a much improved Columbus team

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

They need Thompson and Quinn back yesterday.  Those two can make a huge difference.  I hope they don’t fire Granato.  But hope they fire Adams.  
Boston back on track after rallying vs a much improved Columbus team

I don't see it as coaching issue. The team just hasn't jelled right. They have talent but instead of a tight team they get a lot of single effort goals. They play the Bs on Thursday. It'll be a good benchmark for the team to see if they can come together against a team that is fighting to stay on top while dealing with the loss of Bergeron.  Damn I miss him on the ice and it's evident that the Bs do too.

Edited by hummingbird69

19 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

I don't see it as coaching issue. The team just hasn't jelled right. They have talent but instead of a tight team they get a lot of single effort goals. They play the Bs on Thursday. It'll be a good benchmark for the team to see if they can come together against a team that is fighting to stay on top while dealing with the loss of Bergeron.  Damn I miss him on the ice and it's evident that the Bs do too.

Not as much as the Sabres miss Thompson.  i still think Adams should be fired.  The GM who lost Eichel and made me waster my money on his jersey

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Aren't the Bruins leading the NHL in points? Does not sound like they are doing that poorly.

Yeah they are at the top but right now they are leaderless and the last 3 losses show that they are completely fallible. Bruins have plenty of problems like taking stupid penalties, not finishing good and great plays with a goal and not playing a full 20 minutes of the period. Sure, they have been lucky enough to win a bunch of games but they need to do much better as a team. In their last win Marchand showed he can be more of a leader by example, he played his ass off and so did Pasternak. Marchand has got to play a much more mature game and be a leader in the same way Bergeron was and it's gonna be tough for him to command respect from other teams. Right now no one respects the Bruins and you can see it in the way teams just smash Marchand and Pasternak when they have the puck.

I don't know who showed up to play hockey tonight but it wasnt the Bruins. They had no energy at all and didn't make any real effort until it was too late.  That was a nice elbow to McAvoy's head, took him out of the game.  Buffalo didn't play all that great. Their win is more to the Bruins sucking than their playing really well.