Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Every Starbucks loo I've been in has been utterly disgusting - at least in the states. It's only out of desperation I will go :lol:

Same here lol! There's only so long I can hold my breath while getting everything done with half an eye open. I get so OCD in them, only touching anything with paper towels, flushing with my foot, etc. Truly revolting!

Insomnia. Last night I got two hours of sleep, and I am not even tired now. It's 10 pm here. My eyes are heavy but ifeel really full of energy. Maybe I should attempt my math homework from Mr. Vernon. Well, his real name is Mr. Scott but out of sarcasm for my teacher's behaviour and a great love of the Breakfast Club I prefer to call him Mr Vernon.

Same here lol! There's only so long I can hold my breath while getting everything done with half an eye open. I get so OCD in them, only touching anything with paper towels, flushing with my foot, etc. Truly revolting!

Starbucks sucks all together. I can make better coffee and have lunch for what some of their joe costs. I grind it coarse, press it and bada bing, bada boom. I love fucking with them in the airports.

Order hot water and make tea or coffee right there...priceless :D

<sp edit>

They just never clean them, or so it appears which to me, I'm always amazed the board of health isn't after them. Really it's inexcusable.

Well I eat out a bit but not as much as before. The fucking economy hit me too. I try to save where I can. I mean being cheap is different than knowing many things are a waste.

Perfect example are those 2 dollar bottles of H20?

What? Do I look like I just back stroked from a fucking tuna boat?

Supposed to have followed DZL's post. Oooops.

That's odd, none of the Starbucks' I've ever been in have had filthy bathrooms and usually I'm really picky about that. I always keep antibacterial handgel in my purse, so I'm not afraid to touch anything with my hands.

Just please tell me you're not one of those women who hover over the toilet instead of plopping your butt down on the seat.

That's odd, none of the Starbucks' I've ever been in have had filthy bathrooms and usually I'm really picky about that. I always keep antibacterial handgel in my purse, so I'm not afraid to touch anything with my hands.

Just please tell me you're not one of those women who hover over the toilet instead of plopping your butt down on the seat.

Bwahahaha! No, I can't squirt out a drop when squatting. It's just these washrooms, used by both sexes (sorry fellas, but aim is important), were just over the top. Some of them even look neat, but the wizz is all over the place. These past two weeks have been brutal at the locations I've gone to. Friggin' pee spelling contests or something ... and that's when the stench is borderline bearable ...

Bwahahaha! No, I can't squirt out a drop when squatting. It's just these washrooms, used by both sexes (sorry fellas, but aim is important), were just over the top. Some of them even look neat, but the wizz is all over the place. These past two weeks have been brutal at the locations I've gone to. Friggin' pee spelling contests or something ... and that's when the stench is borderline bearable ...

Yeah, I don't get that either. You'd think with a built-in aimer, they'd get the pee into the toilet instead of the floor, wall, toilet seat and just about anywhere else.

I have to ask, do you guys hang out and drink the coffee at Starbucks? I guess you must. I usually get coffee from Dunkin Donuts, but the past week have been to Starbucks across the street from work twice for a cup. I like the Vanilla Latte. Anyway, i have never seen the inside of a bathroom at Starbucks or DD ( i don't stay). I do stand in many public restrooms, but my aim is good :) Pet Peeve: the price of a cup of coffee (almost $2 for a medium at DD, lets not even discuss Starbucks prices)

I don't do the hovercraft move but if it is masty I will put toilet paper on it first.

Well, you post wasn't to me, but I'll answer anyway. :P

:wave: oh that's quite all right. The subtitle to this thread ought to be 'you're not the only one' :D . Yeah I do the toilet paper on seat, too, mainly because the seat covers they give you are cheap and too thin (you could practically see through them). "The Hovercraft" lol...

And Mary, agreed, for those prices you might as well bring your own. In fact, I often have a small thermos, and skip the cafes altogether, but on those occasions when I'm meeting someone or making a mad dash from a to b etc., well, it's there and it's open on every holiday so sometimes convenience wins out.

I have to ask, do you guys hang out and drink the coffee at Starbucks? I guess you must. I usually get coffee from Dunkin Donuts, but the past week have been to Starbucks across the street from work twice for a cup. I like the Vanilla Latte. Anyway, i have never seen the inside of a bathroom at Starbucks or DD ( i don't stay). I do stand in many public restrooms, but my aim is good :) Pet Peeve: the price of a cup of coffee (almost $2 for a medium at DD, lets not even discuss Starbucks prices)

Like I said Starbucks sucks and my aim is true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI4Qel8qvW0

:o So what are we talking about here? Coffee or Peeing?

Well we started with one and then branched into another. What? You wanted a thread to stay on topic? ahahaha! Actually, if there's any place where that's most acceptable, it's probably here (I feel another pet peeve coming on...it's coming to me...hang on...something about totally random swerves off topic in some threads...:) )

And tangerine, that's another reason to go healthy - a $5 latte and a muffin and all of a sudden you could have had a decent lunch for that money.

I think Dunkin Donuts coffee is much better (and cheaper) than Starbucks. No amount of sugar can make Starbucks taste decent IMO.

I don't do the hovercraft move but if it is masty I will put toilet paper on it first.

Well, you post wasn't to me, but I'll answer anyway. :P

Me too - TP works just as good as a seat cover. Although it does take a little longer to get arranged...if I've REALLY got to go, then I just do the hovercraft (lol). If it's not an emergency, though, I can't go whilst hovering either, like Patrycja said. Ever since I quit fencing, I have not been able to concentrate on holding myself up and "letting go" at the same time.

What I really hate about restrooms, though, is when there's no hook on the stall. Especially at school. I pay HOW much in tuition, and you cheap bastards can't even replace the damn purse hooks? I visited Stanford once, and they had marble bathrooms for chrissakes! While I don't quite expect that, this being a state school and all, come on, I'll gladly pay an extra $2.00 a quarter if it means you'll "upgrade" the restrooms with hooks!

Archived