Bruce Springsteen

The Bomber

Hi all,

Am sure I'm not the only Boss fan around here.

For now, rumours going around on facebook that maybe in 2015 there will be a new album and another tour. I hope so!

For now, we have to wait and see.....

Maaike

Just not the same without the Big Man, Clarence Clemons...not to mention Danny Federici. Though Bruce is still energetic in concert, I don't find his recent albums as rewarding as his early ones from "Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J." thru "Darkness on the Edge of Town". Like with Bob Dylan, I'm a little tired of him.

I have many memories of some thrilling Bruce concerts...from the Santa Monica Civic in '73 to the Sports Arena in 2007...but I doubt I will pay the money to see him again.

• 3 weeks later...

Just not the same without the Big Man, Clarence Clemons...not to mention Danny Federici. Though Bruce is still energetic in concert, I don't find his recent albums as rewarding as his early ones from "Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J." thru "Darkness on the Edge of Town". Like with Bob Dylan, I'm a little tired of him.

I have many memories of some thrilling Bruce concerts...from the Santa Monica Civic in '73 to the Sports Arena in 2007...but I doubt I will pay the money to see him again.

OK, yes I understand that without the Big Man & The Phantom the E-street band isn't the same. And yes, we'll always remember them and miss them.... However, I think Jake Clemons and Charlie Giordano also do a great job. For Jake I can truly imagine how at first it was difficult to step into his uncle's shoes, Jake is a great musician in his own right by the way.

I still think Bruce has plenty of energy on stage and the band still is very good. His shows are still 3 hrs, plus marathons. Plus, him having brought Tom Morello into the mix, gave his music a new dynamic.

Maaike

like Charles J. White, I`ve been the odd one with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band where I just couldn't see what the hell others saw or heard in him. that is until a guy I`d meet at a concert was talking about the " The Boss " he`d said I shouldn't listen to the music press and be trying to use my own points of view about Bruce`s music for myself. so I asked him to tell me about two album to listen to he without thinking said " Human Touch (Both) " so I which on the youtube.com website headphones on and WOW. since than I`ve travelled through the back issues of Springsteen`s music and not on all of his music but some I`ve must state is top class, maybe its a frame of mind with Bruce Springsteen`s music and the listener...

like Charles J. White, I`ve been the odd one with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band where I just couldn't see what the hell others saw or heard in him. that is until a guy I`d meet at a concert was talking about the " The Boss " he`d said I shouldn't listen to the music press and be trying to use my own points of view about Bruce`s music for myself. so I asked him to tell me about two album to listen to he without thinking said " Human Touch (Both) " so I which on the youtube.com website headphones on and WOW. since than I`ve travelled through the back issues of Springsteen`s music and not on all of his music but some I`ve must state is top class, maybe its a frame of mind with Bruce Springsteen`s music and the listener...

You might be right, I might try again, one of the guys in our office is always "Bruce this" and "Bruce that" it drives me fucking batty...When I listen to Howard Stern on the wrap up show Baba Booey and Jon Hein are always talking about Bruce.

• 2 weeks later...

Jake Clemons from Bruce's band is soon touring Europe, performing in the livingrooms of some lucky fans. My friend is one of them, so I get to meet this guy at their house. Brilliant :-)

I know, I am going to the livingroom show in my hometown of The Hague., hosted by a Bruce-buddy of mine.

Looking forward to it.

Maaike

Edited by Maaike Roeleveld

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...