which band just blew you away the 1st time you saw ?

boogie

I've seen many bands, multiple times, but few of those bands have blown me away the first time I saw them. The one that stands above all others for me (which explains, in part, why I am on a Led Zeppelin site rather than the sites for other bands) was seeing Led Zeppelin for first time, early September 1971, at MSG. After Zep, I would say that seeing the Stones during the summer of '72 (MSG), Pink Floyd during the spring of '73 at Radio City, and The Who, late '73, at the Forum. Again, as incredible as those other bands were, none of them blew me away in the manner that LZ did.

UFO at LKA/Longhorn in Stuttgart, Germany on March 14, 2004

Jason Bonham on drums and Vinnie Moore on guitar. Front row center.

What a show!

I went to several other dates on their tour and the following year I saw several more shows. I even got to sing a line from 'Shoot Shoot' with Phil Moog in Pirmasens but that's another story all together...

What a show!

I went to several other dates on their tour and the following year I saw several more shows. I even got to sing a line from 'Shoot Shoot' with Phil Moog in Pirmasens but that's another story all together...

was going to see them around '77 or '78, but michael schenker "could not be found" according to our local radio dj. they later said he joined a religious cult. our show was canceled. i never got around to see them after that. side note, i still have "force it", with "shoot shoot". great album.

What a show!

:rolleyes: Maybe I should start a "Can SteveA sing thread " I'd love to hear about that night :D

Chuck Berry.

Actually, if I hadn't listened to Johnny B Goode in the movie Back to the Future, today I wouldn't probably listen to Led Zeppelin, AC/DC or any other rock band. I think my life changed a lot after hearing that.

Already a big fan, I went to my first Modest Mouse concert anticipating a good gig, but what followed was just awesome. One of a very few bands whose music is significantly different on stage, and actually improved too. There are lots of bands whose live acts make you want to reach for your earphones, but not these guys.

Other notable first timers include Wolfmother, Zox, and the aptly named Live.

Black Sabbath, YES, Aerosmith, Jethro Tull, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple (late 70's), Robert Plant (84), Foreigner, Rolling Stones, Allman Brothers Band (early 80's), Billy Squier, The Cure, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, U2, Bruce Springsteen (mid 80's to 90's), special mention to Tori Amos, Primus and Nine Inch Nails. Sorry for so many i left unmentioned.
Deep Purple were not a band in the late 70's, but they do put on a great live show.

Archived