Carouselambre

Ledded4918

I don't really like the song that much. It's a decent song but you can't here Robert at all in some parts, which was done on purpose by Jimmy because of what the song was about. And it's just not one of my favorite songs anyway.

I think everbody here on this forum could say they didn't like that song at first, but have grown to love it. ITTOD was the second to last album I bought and i always skipped Carouselambra for other know songs such as In the Evening and All my love. heck i love hot dog now, even though i refuse to listen to it for the first 3 years i had the album.

I don't really like the song that much. It's a decent song but you can't here Robert at all in some parts, which was done on purpose by Jimmy because of what the song was about. And it's just not one of my favorite songs anyway.

What the hell is the song about? Page shagging groupies? It's got to be the most boroque poetry Robert ever wrote, even more indirect than Stairway to Heaven. Kind of wish it had a different musical backing because the medieval stylings really clashes with the synth. Sounds like something out of JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion:

Sisters of the way-side bide their time in quiet peace,

Await their place within the ring of calm;

Still stand to turn in seconds of release,

Await the call they know may never come.

In times of lightness, no intruder dared upon

To jeopardize the course, upset the run;

And all was joy and hands were raised toward the sun

As love in the halls of plenty overrun.

Still in their bliss unchallenged mighty feast,

Unending dances shadowed on the day.

Within their walls, their daunting formless keep,

Preserved their joy and kept their doubts at bay.

Faceless legions stood in readiness to weep,

Just turn a coin, bring order to the fray;

And everything is soon no sooner thought than deed,

But no one seemed to question in anyway.

How keen the storied hunter's eye prevails upon the land

To seek the unsuspecting and the weak;

And powerless the fabled sat, too smug to lift a hand

Toward the foe that threatened from the deep.

Who cares to dry the cheeks of those who saddened stand

Adrift upon a sea of futile speech?

And to fall to fate and make the 'status plan'

*** But no one there had heaven within their reach.

***Singin"...

Where was your word, where did you go?

Where was your helping, where was your bow? Bow.

Dull is the armour, cold is the day.

Hard was the journey, dark was the way. Way.

I heard the word; I couldn't stay. Oh.

I couldn't stand it another day, another day,

Another day, another day.

Touched by the timely coming,

Roused from the keeper's sleep,

Release the grip, fall down the keep

Held now within the knowing,

Rest now within the peace.

Take of the fruit, but guard the seed.

They had to stay!

Held now within the knowing,

Rest now within the beat.

Take of the fruit, but guard the seed...

*** Take of the fruit, but guard the seed...

What the hell is the song about? Page shagging groupies? It's got to be the most boroque poetry Robert ever wrote, even more indirect than Stairway to Heaven. Kind of wish it had a different musical backing because the medieval stylings really clashes with the synth. Sounds like something out of JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion:

It's about the troubles the band was having at the time. It was almost like they were 2 different bands. Jonesy and Robert were working and Bonzo and Page were doing drugs and worked only when they wanted to.

I think everbody here on this forum could say they didn't like that song at first,

er...no. I thought it was a definite highlight of In Through the Out Door. The one I thought was weak (and still do) is All My Love. ( Page also picked this out when asked to name a Zep song which he thought wasn't up to the usual standard)

er...no. I thought it was a definite highlight of In Through the Out Door. The one I thought was weak (and still do) is All My Love. ( Page also picked this out when asked to name a Zep song which he thought wasn't up to the usual standard)

Eveytime i hear somebody slam Jimmy Page saying he was no good, they always point to All My Love as his best work, most notable the solo.

I've always like Carouselambra and All My Love, and ITTOD in general.

Although I've listened to it heaps, I couldn't tell you a single lyric out of that song because I just don't hear Robert in it. It has become one of my favourites on the album.

Can someone please explain where the name comes from?

edit- The reason its my fave is NOT because of the lack of Robert, by the way!

According to wikipedia: "The name Carouselambra is a reference to the first section of the song sounding similar to carousel music."

Carouselambra is my fave song off ITTOD. I liked it upon first listen. I really love the synths in it.

Archived