Led Zeppelin and others for World Peace Gigs?

Rumpeller

Got a straight-forward question for all the peaceniks out there: Who does more to

advance World Peace than the soldiers who fight our wars? The correct answer is

certainly not the United Nations, protesters in a circle singing Kumbaya or Bono at

Wembley.

Sorry to rain on your parade.

Nothing against the soldiers but they certainly don't advance world peace. Soldiers may help keep the peace under certain circumstances but they can also make a bad situation worse. In the end, the military is a tool wielded by the political powers that be, for good or ill. Only through the will of the people and their political representives, will world peace be advanced. I believe the members of Led Zep are sympathetic to such notions based upon the lyrical content of their songs ("If we can just join hands!") and their counterculture status. Peace :hippy:

"In the end, the military is a tool wielded by the political powers that be, for good or ill."

Looks like a pretty uncontroversial view,there. I'd maybe add that soldiers,sailors and airmen get killed and wounded so politicians don't have to but that may be a bit controversial for some here. On a slightly different note...if this joke of a concert goes ahead, does anyone have any idea what a popstars' idea of world peace would actually be like? Could all those mega-egos actually determine what should happen in,say, Kosovo,or Kashmir[oooh!!see what I did there?] or Chechnya or Darfur? Silly idea when put like that,isn't it?

It would be nice for LZ to have a gig, though I don't believe.

I cannot agree with you. Every kind of fighting against wars is very good, even if it loose. It would be great if ppl would take part in mass-meeting, parades, prostest against war. And such a concert can remind you about that. Music is sth beautiful and "no war" too. On the other hand being neutral as far wars leads to wars, neautral ppl agree on wars.

When Osama starts protesting wars maybe we'll be on to something...

Where's Del when you need him? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think we should be too hasty in writing this off....there's the possibility of Justin Timberlake jamming with Zep, just like he did when he went up on stage with the Stones a couple of years back.

Of course, he was bottled off the stage, I seem to recall...

Archived